Uk Estee Lauder company info & advice..

lgarmston

Hello

today i called the recruitment team for a permanent role i found on the estee lauder website for bobbi brown in the uk...
the lady was rather rude & spent about 15 mins trying to put me off applying for the role. ( i dont have make-up artistry training to be exact)
But after gathering info from this amazing website i believed it was ok to apply i am always doing friends and familys makeup have lots of sales & customer service experience from other roles. I applied anyway and had the inital telephone interview in which i answered all of the questions really confidently and with well though through asnwers, i had a lot of info about the company itself and was very proud of how i acted. she point blankly said after half an hour,that bobbi brown are a company that are up their with mac on the ratings and i need training to work here and not to bother untill i have that..

i was very disapointed by this experience and determned not to let it get me down! has anyone had a experience like this?
and also i am now researching into a makeup course such as jemma kidd in london or the london film and media company course. also perhaps seeing if i can find unpaid work experience after this for a few days, also registering for a mac pro card (im a qualified hairdresser) and trying to get on the mac pro events, then doing some freelance work and building a portfolio.. im hoping to do this in 4months and then reapply as this is the time you have to wait

id really appreciate some advice on this
THANKS
smiles.gif
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX