University Village/Seattle Opening - Anyone Go?

freyja313

Did anyone go to the UVillage opening today? Fill us in! I'll be heading in next Friday for a looksee. :cartwheel:

MAC_Whore

I'm curious too! Anyone? Anyone?
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I am going tomorrow and I will update you all then. I have been looking forward to going for so long. Someone on Makeup Alley said that they had the couture stuff on display so I am not sure if you can buy it yet or just pre-order. I will let you all know the details tomorrow!
smiles.gif

coachkitten

Hi everyone! So I just got back from the MAC store at U Village. It is gorgeous!! It is right across the street from Pottery Barn & right next door to Starbucks. The front of the store is all windows with door handles that say MAC. It is set up pretty much like any PRO free standing store with all of the items pretty much on the walls & then a few tables in the middle. It is so clean and perfect!
smiles.gif

I was really excited because one of my favortie MAC MA's from Bellevue Square is working there. It was pretty quite there today (Monday) but she said it had been packed this weekend.
I wish that I could relay more but I was so happy that we finally have a freestanding store I think I was on cloud nine!
The had all of the Couture stuff to buy so I got Red No 5 lipstick, House of Style lipstick, Mystery Powder in Light (the mystery powders have a refill included which I thought was nice), Magnificent Lip glass, Rare & refined richmetal highlighter, a new 15 pan pro palette & 5 shadows to put inside.
My favorite MA also told me that in the spring they are going to be doing another limited Couture type collection but she said that she couldn't say anymore about it. There is always something to look forward to.
Also they had a customer service e-mail that they stamped on a postcard wanting people to write MAC and tell them what they think of the store. I am so happy that they opened one & I hope they do a bunch more.
I really had a lot of fun. They are going to be doing a grand opening soon in late Dec/early January for the store. I got on their mailing list so if I hear anything I will let you all know.
I am excited to hear what you all think when you go!
smiles.gif
The new MAC store totally made my day!

freyja313

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I was really excited because one of my favortie MAC MA's from Bellevue Square is working there.

Allyson or Yvonne?
winks.gif
Or is there someone else I need to know about?

Thanks for the update! We are supposed to be heading there on Friday for a girl's night out. I'm hoping I'm not interested in Couture because I need to watch my spending the next few months. (Like that's really going to matter...if I like it, I'm buying it!)

coachkitten

No her name is Linda. She is always so helpful! Have a good time. Some of the couture stuff is pretty nice but I skipped quite a bit. I am kind of kicking myself for buying the richmetal highlighter. Let us know how you do on Friday.

freyja313

Yay! So excited! We went on Friday night and had a blast. The store is a boxy rectangular shape, wide and short (for some reason I expected it to be narrow and deep - dunno why). Standing at the front door and facing the back of the store:

LE collections front and center, viewable from outside. Checkout counter is along the back wall. Eyes and lips along the left wall. Foundation, face and skin in the middle of the store. Makeover chairs on the right side of the store. I totally forget what is along the right hand wall, if anything - I avoided that part of the store since they were doing a number of makeovers. Back right hand corner is brushes, Pro palettes and the holiday sets. And...and...and...

In the back left corner they have a private makeup room curtained off from the rest of the store. For a $45 fee, you can have a MA do your makeup in private, one on one with no interruptions. You get a mascara to take home with you and get 10% off your purchase that day AND for the next 30 days. Just to be clear, since I initially misunderstood: The $45 is a fee - not a prepay/deposit, so it doesn't apply towards a purchase like they usually do with the seminars.

As coachkitten mentioned, if you've gone to the store they would LOVE for you to submit a comment online about it.
type.gif