Untamed - Color Story and Pics (September 2006)

lianna

MACgirl, do mind commenting on whether the copper shadow in the Well Plumed quad resembles either Honeylust of Copper Sparkle pigment? TIA!

absolut_blonde

WAY too warm for this neutral PPP!

I don't like it
ssad.gif
Oh well, better for my wallet I suppose.

The pinkish blush might be okay... rest is meh.

Edit-- I think 'matte frost' might be similar to Lovedust and such. It's definitely a drying matte finish but has lots of shimmer.

St.Claire

I LOVE that purple color of the lipglass and lipstick. Oh im excited.
Although I swear them putting out stuff everysingle week is gonna make me broke.......

I think i may have to start putting a budget in order.

peaudane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianna
MACgirl, do mind commenting on whether the copper shadow in the Well Plumed quad resembles either Honeylust of Copper Sparkle pigment? TIA!

Also, may I ask, is it the same shade as the copper color in the Patternmaker warm palette? TIA!

nora_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I'm wondering if they are introducing a new lipstick formula. What's a "matte frost"???

I think "matte frost" may be a typo. In the previous post with Untamed info, here's how the l/s were listed:

Wild About You - Rich Raspberry w/ pink pearl (mt. frost)
Roam Free - medium choc. brown w/ copper pearl (mt. frost)
Instinctive - medium pink brown
Unflappable - intense penny copper w/ pearl (frost)
Blankety - (amp cr)

I think "mt. frost" is short for "metallic frost." MAC doesn't use this finish description consistently, but I have seen it on the site here and there. They used to list it in the finish drop-down menu on the l/s page, but there were never any l/s attached to it, and it's gone now.

Many of the LE frosts released in the last year or so (starting with Texture in April '05) have been metallic frosts. They have extra-fine sparkle that stays on your lips after the l/s wears off--it's a larger sparkle than in regular frosts. In the metallic frosts that I've seen, the sparkle is an intense silver/white. Off the top of my head, Punkin', Indie Girl, Pink Maribu, and most of the frosts from Classic Coordinates have been metallic frosts. I try to avoid them myself--the sparkles tend to migrate. I love the regular frosts, though, like O, Plum Dandy, and Sandy B.

And switching back to the pics, the Take Wing quad is gorgeous! I swore off quads after Tease Me b/c I never use them, but I may have to break that rule!

MACgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaudane
Also, may I ask, is it the same shade as the copper color in the Patternmaker warm palette? TIA!

i havent seen the warm patternmaker pallet as im at a store but i know its not like copper sparkle pigment becuase copper sparkle is more who can i say rusty?

Katura

I like Well-Plumed and Courage....shroom is also a must...but that espresso. bleh. what a flat flat brown. I think I only like matte colors in bright colors...like chrome yellow and electric eel...that brown....*makes poopy face*... yuck?

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
i may be in the minority her but i like nothing....

the lipsticks are too dark
the blushes are boring
and I never buy quads as i never like all the colours

well at least it saves me a bit of dosh! x

i dont like anything either
smiles.gif

never worn lipstick or any lipgloss just never appealed to me so you know...

quads- never bought one theres always one colour at least i dont like and one i totally love so it doesn't even out

im not a fan of browns

the blushes DO look boring, but i would never rush out to buy a blush in a LE collection as their not that special and in different from each other IMO anyway
smiles.gif

Coco_Hailey

I really love the Well Plumed quad, I love all 4 colors, I just hope I'll love their texture as well...and the Truth&Light l/g looks also good to me! Does it come out only in September or is it late August?

nat9891

wow, the take wing quad looks gorgeous! Although, I would like it better if maybe the pink was a little lighter, but I'm definitely still getting one! That's about the only thing that interests me from this collection (good thing since I spent way too much on A Muse!)

gummybug

Would Blankety work for me? NW25. I'm very cool toned, I can't pull of warm colors and most neutrals. :| I love the look of Blankety, but colors like this can go either way on me.

Thanks.
smiles.gif

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Ohhhh thank God I don't like anything!! My money are saved!!!

HAHHAHA right?! thats what im thinkinG!