Urban Decay: ALL NIGHTER

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Exactly. Especially because you have to spray it before and after applying foundation/makeup. That's a lot of spraying! I almost felt like spraying it before might be undermining the effectiveness of my primer. Right now my de-slicking routine is to use an oil-control primer, blot with with blotting tissues when I get oily, and then follow up with blot powder.

Oh I never sprayed it before I put my makeup on, I always did it after.

Ingenue

I took it back today. ULTA refunded my money, no questions asked. 30 bucks is too much to pay for a product that doesn't deliver. I'll stick with MUFE Mist & Fix instead. At least with that, I know that it does what it says it will.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Oh I never sprayed it before I put my makeup on, I always did it after.

Me too
th_confused_new.gif

Ingenue

I'm wearing the MUFE Mist & Fix today. It's been 5 hours with several temperature changes (it's about 85 degrees outside and about 50 degrees at work), and no changes so far.

Smf16

I wonder how Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil control makeup setting spray works compared to the All-nighter. The De-Slick is supposed to be for oily skin..?

Ingenue

I've given up Smf16 on the sprays from UD. I'm at the end of my day... and I have the tiniest bit of 'sheen' on my makeup. But I'm NOT the oil slick that I was after using UD. Just a little blot and the sheen is gone.
I'm happier with MUFE. That's going to be my staple until further notice.

Smf16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
I've given up Smf16 on the sprays from UD. I'm at the end of my day... and I have the tiniest bit of 'sheen' on my makeup. But I'm NOT the oil slick that I was after using UD. Just a little blot and the sheen is gone.
I'm happier with MUFE. That's going to be my staple until further notice.

Lol..yeah I don't blame you! I think I may try that MUFE Mist..I need some for my oily skin..it is just out of control by the end of the day!
ssad.gif

locoboutcoco

this stuff is awesome
smiles.gif
been using far less make up on nights out... i find it makes the make up look dewy and freshly applied for muucccchhhh longer... bearing in mind that i have really dry skin tho it may not be super on oily skin! urban decay's deslick products are supposed to be good tho.. im loving the all nighterthumbs up from me
smiles.gif

Smf16

I actually just ordered model in a bottle which is supposed to be great for oily skin...I have been hearing good reviews on this so I am excited to see how it works!

outinapout

I've used the Skindinavia and done side by side comparisons- litterally spraying it on 1/2 my face w/ the other 1/2 covered (and therefore unsprayed). I noticed no difference, and in one instance, my shadow on the sprayed side creased. I'm so glad I read this, because I'm not sure I'd have realized that the UD sprays are the same thing.

BTW, I've also used MAC fix+ and it is not, in any way shape or form, a makeup fixative. It's basically a toner in a spray bottle, and, in fact, it's almost identical to Clinique's Moisture Surge spray (which isn't marketed as a fixative at all!) It's not a bad product for refreshing the skin and reducing the powdery look of makeup, but it doesn't help it stay on at all.

LorraineER

I have this in the De-Slick formula. I was getting uneven spray on my face so I started spraying it on a sponge wedge and then using the wedge to smooth it onto my skin. It seems to help with oil production a little and it does help prolong my makeup more than I was seeing without it. I notice that if I apply with the sponge when my makeup does fade it fades more evenly..if that makes sense? I've been using it with my mineral powder foundation as well and when I use it right after applying the foundation it makes it look less powdery. I like it but when I run out I think I'll try model in a bottle or mist N fix from MUFE (the smaller size) only because of the price. For $30 I want that whole 16 hours of flawlessness that I'm doubtful anything currently available could actually provide.

tyger

I just bought it the other day and I definitely am in love with it. I used it with my benefit powder foundation, revlon photoready, and clinique almost makeup and by the end of the day my foundation looked impeccable. I find that immediately after spraying my eyeshadow looks more blended, if that makes sense, so I could see it making some looks end up a little muddy. I have dry skin and live in a dry climate, and right now the winter is pretty mild, so it hasn't been put through its paces, but tonight I have an aerobics class and then an overnight bus, so we'll see how my face looks tomorrow morning!

texasmommy

I have combo skin (slightly more oily than dry usually) and have been using All Nighter for almost 9 months with no problem. definitely helps keep my makeup on and no breakouts. I wore it during a hot, humid summer last year and while my makeup wasn't perfect at the end of the day, it looked pretty good!

hollied3

I've seen people on YouTube use MACs fix It to make liquid eyeliner. I was wondering if you could do the same with UD setting spray. What do you guys think?

Quote:

Exactly. Especially because you have to spray it before and after applying foundation/makeup. That's a lot of spraying! I almost felt like spraying it before might be undermining the effectiveness of my primer. Right now my de-slicking routine is to use an oil-control primer, blot with with blotting tissues when I get oily, and then follow up with blot powder.
All Nighter just goes on after your make up, not before. De-Slick and the other one go on both before and after :)

Jill1228

Love this stuff. I stockpile it. It keeps my makeup looking great. I can go to home-work-gym and makeup looks fresh