• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Tutorial

ghostsinsnow

A few of you asked me for this, and I'm bored so I did it=).Sorry for the inconsistent sizes of pictures and quality, STILL trying to figure out the best lighting in my room for taking pictures.Enjoy, hope this helps!

What I'll be used:
Wet and Wild White Eyeliner(As my base)
Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadows in Scratch, Ransom, Zero, and Peace
Makeup Forever 92
MAC Nylon Eyeshadow
NYX Black Eyeshadow
Loreal HIP Cream Eyeliner
Mascara, doesn't matter which kind, in my FOTD I used fake lashes, so you can do that, I just didn't feel like putting them on right now since I'd be taking it off right after.

Step 1:
Well, if you need to fill in or draw on your brows, I do that first.So that's done, and now what I do is apply my base.You can use whatever base works best for you, personally for me white eyeliner works the best to make my eyeshadow last and bring out the colors the best.What I do is with the sharpened white eyeliner, I draw the general shape I want then fill it in, heaviest on the lid, and fading amounts as it goes up.Then I smudge it around with my finger, to even it out.Doesn't have to be perfect, I clean it up at the end anyways.
base1.jpg

(Haha ignore the pink, my eyelid is stained from my eyeshadow yesterday.)

Step 2:
Take any peachy rose colored eyeshadow(I'll be using Urban Decay's Scratch) and apply it with a small flat oval shaped brush to about half way across the lid, going in the crease very lightly.
scratch.jpg

scratchapplied.jpg

Step 3:
Take a light purple(I'll be using Urban Decay's Ransom) and apply to the rest of the lid.I use the same type of brush as I used to apply Scratch.Once you've applied it, blend it into the Scratch, to blend I make small overlapping strokes until they look like they fade into each
other.
ransom.jpg

untitledpeachpurpleblend.jpg

Step 4:
Take a darker purple(Makeup Forever 92) and using the same type of brush as before, but to make a thinner line apply it with the side of the brush, apply it into the crease and slightly onto the outer v of the shape.Blend it into the Ransom.
mufe92.jpg

scratchmufe.jpg

Step 5:
Next to add some more depth to the crease, take a black(Urban Decay Zero) and using the brush the same way as you did in step 4, apply Zero right under where you applied the MUFE 92 in the crease, and blend that so it's defined, but not too harsh.
zero.jpg

mufezero.jpg

Step 6:
Take a bright blue(Urban Decay Peace) and use the same type of small brush as before, and apply it above the crease.
(I have no idea why Peace looks so seafoam greeny colored in this...haha)
peace.jpg

peaceadded.jpg

Step 7:
Take a blending brush(I have no idea what brand this brush is in, or what it's called...Sorry, just use whatever brush you use to blend with.)and blend the Peace up higher, until however high you feel comfortable.Also, blend it in with the MUFE 92 and Scratch.
blendingbrush.jpg

peaceblended.jpg

Step 8:
Add your highlight color(MAC Nylon) to the brow bone and blend it with the Peace eyeshadow.
nylon.jpg

nylonadded.jpg

Step 9:
Apply the base underneath your and then add Peace and Scratch underneath like so, and blend them.
underadded.jpg

Step 10:
To line the top, I don't want a really precise perfect defined line, I want a more smudged type of line, so I'm going to use a angle brush to apply a black eyeshadow(NYX Black).Then, I'm going to use a liner on my waterline and to tight line(Loreal HIP Black Cream Liner).
black.jpg

creamliner.jpg

lined.jpg

Step 11:
Add mascara, or fake lashes, and you're done!
mascara.jpg

peachbluepurple2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dani

Sooo pretty!!! LOVE it, and now I want to go buy peace, it's gorgeous.

What nail polish are you wearing?

ghostsinsnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Sooo pretty!!! LOVE it, and now I want to go buy peace, it's gorgeous.

What nail polish are you wearing?

Thank you!

I'm wearing Liquid Euphoria in Green over black nail polish.

BarbaraM

thank you very much for this tutorial...
...2 weeks ago I asked for a tutorial for the deluxe eyeshadows and nobody post a tutorial so I thought nobody was going to do it...THANK YOU!!
smiles.gif