Veluxe Pearl without the metallic/shiny finish?

Sushi_Flower

Everyone loves VP and they are great to apply but i don't always like the metallica/shiny finish it gives. What is just as blendable but doesn't give as shiny a finish? Don't necessarily want something matte though.

What is Veluxe like in comparison to VP?

mspixieears

If you don't want the metallic or shiny finish, I doubt that veluxe pearls are going to be the ones for you - they're all pretty much what you're NOT looking for (which is why I like them).

Perhaps satin or velvet finish e/s is the way to go.

Sushi_Flower

Yeh i know, i have VPs and i know i don't like them as much for the finish which is why i'm asking for laternatives!

Thanks for the recs

mspixieears

So you don't want shiny or metallic, you don't want matte...

Have you tried any of the Shu Uemura e/s? You probably won't like the metallic ones ('ME'), which are my favourite e/s of all time (but they are metallic - not what you're wanting). You would probably like the iridescent or pearl ones (marked 'P' or 'IR').

Shu e/s are soooo blendable, except for the matte ones (M) and the pearl & iridescent ones give a slight shimmer and shine but nothing really over the top like veluxe pearls. I went nuts for these when I took a trip overseas to Asia a while back, as they are no longer available here in Australia.

By the way, MAC veluxe e/s are supposed to be matte - I quite like them but some complain that they are chalky.

MAC_Pixie04

satins are pretty blendable and not very shimmery; they're described as having a subtle shimmer but they're like mattes without the difficult blendability. i've never used veluxe but i've swiped some on my hand thinking about buying them and they're like..impossible.

Sushi_Flower

Unfortunately there's no Shu near me at all, in fact i've never heard of a Shu in UK
ssad.gif
. I do like VPs but i don't like having a shiny/metallic finish and would love it without that. But i can work with the MAC textures on offer i think. Oh i wish there was a Shu though, have always heard great things about them.
Satin's are a nightmare on me, they don't show on me at all, they go all powdery and disappear and the colour changes and goes muddy!

Hikaru-chan

You could alway go to a counter and get one of the MA to try the different textures on you so you can see which is the best for you.
Personally I don't have a problem with the VP's I don't really find them too metallic, just nicely shimmery.
Maybe your applying them too thick?

Sushi_Flower

I will go and check all the textures out systematically, hard to tell at the counter sometimes though and especially if you're testing on the hand. Could it be that the my Sumptious Olive is just particularly over shiny/mettalic? Because Woodwinked isn't as shiny to as that to me.
Oh no, my problem is applying too little of everything! I never apply enough e/s like everyone else as my eye lids are so tiny that i don't want to over load them but i need to get better at applying more so i can do pretty EOTDs like everyone.

MissMarley

i really like the veluxe finish, but my favorite is satin- that might be a finish for you to try, as well as the velvet

Sushi_Flower

I'm nowhere near London, i'm in the North very far away. If i go to London any time soon and it's convenient for me to go there then i will definetly get me some Shu!

Miss Marley - Satins are a nightmare on me (details in previous post).

I'm wearing Woodwinked today and the finish is great, not too shiny for me at all (though i didn't realise Woodwinked had so much orange in it,is Bagatelle like Woodwinked without the orange?). I think my Sumptious Olive is just the one that's too shiny for me for some reason, probably also to do with the fact that the colour doesn't look great on me and accentuates my dark circles so i just end up hating the whole damn thing.

glamella

satins and velvets are very nice. Mattes work nicely if I put UD primer potion on first. I love VPs, but I know what you mean, sometimes you don't want all that shimmer and shine.

Shawna

A really simple solution to tone down the shine/metallic frost is to pat blot powder over your eyeshadow. I do it for work all the time and it works really well. The colour stays the same, but the frost finish is not as noticable.