Very Upset With Macys

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
you're a minor, and if they suspected you had commited some sort of crime, they couldn't arrest you, because there are clear guidelines regarding parent/guardian presence.

They certainly can arrest someone under the age of 16. The requirement is that once detained the store must advise a parent or guardian and the store is not permitted to present the detainee with a Civil Demand or Statement Form without a parent guardian present. You can read this in the Memorandum Statement I previously mentioned - Paragraphs 6.4 (b)(i)-(ii)

A quick search of the ACLU website shows that it does protect those under 18 years old from discrimination - see this case, another interesting one and another and this. It's interesting that in three of these cases, young people were discriminated against because of the way they dressed. All these cases are against schools but as that's the environment in which young people are most likely to face discrimination, that's hardly surprising. The principles will apply to discrimination in other situations.

Hawkeye

THe problem lies in the fact that we're not sure what actually happened. The ACLU will not necessarily be much help at this moment. I will go far enough to say it may make matters worse because we are still unsure of the time line etc without holes being in the story.

Shimmer

I have to say they'd be hard pressed to justify banning a customer without evidence, so I'd likely, in this situation, write their customer service/corporate headquarters/whatever it takes to get to the bottom of the situation.
But that's just me.

Good news
I recently talked to the manager and got back into the store thanks to whoever gave me the macys website
Thanks A bunch
greengrin.gif

caffn8me

I don't suppose they ever let you see the alleged video did they? Are your friends allowed back too?

Yeah
There was no video
and we even got the security guard in big trouble
the guy told me that everyones aloud back in and that if any staff is rude to us call him and hell do something about it

i know how you feel, macys needs to know what type of people they let work in there cos their extremely rude,they give you this crazy look and they all do that just only a few, i like macys alot but thier mac defartment they feel like the own macys

MadchenRogue

For situations like these people would actually call the news, and down here they would actually make the story. The reporter on camera would try to get to talk to the manager, get the video surveillance-- the works. It usually works since any store cannot afford bad press. Believe me, if corporate offices woulds hear about this--security and management would be up to their butts with trying to explain what happen and would force them ( the store) to make a formal apology.

adela88

id sue the shit outa them, you can file discrimination.
theyd have to come out with the security tape at some time, and if what you're saying is true then youd win.
your mother should certainly back you up, i know mine would.

lazytolove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latoya Christ
Good news
I recently talked to the manager and got back into the store thanks to whoever gave me the macys website
Thanks A bunch
greengrin.gif

That's great. Base on the way you talk, I don't think you have bad personality. There might be misunderstanding. I'm glad you and your friend could get back into to the store. =)