Violet Trance!

Iridescence

So Instead of me asking you lovely specktra members for some recs I'd like to recommend you something! I've seen on a few posts here that a lot of people are lovin' the pandamonium quad but can't quite get the violet trance to blend or even look even on the lid. I had the same problem the first time I used it but this time I used untitled paint on the lid and then up at dawn all over the lid and then put violet trance on and it went on smooth and even blended normally!! So those VPs are little heroes when it comes to matte finishes!

HTH anyone who is having trouble!!!

Shawna

I am going to second this. When I bought beautyburst from Barbie, I was having similar trouble with blending and such, but I loved the colour. My favorite MA recommended using a light shadow (preferably a vp) as a base and problem solved. I am doing the same with violet trance and it works beautifully.

saniyairshad

iagree.gif
thanks for this wonderful post
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescence
So Instead of me asking you lovely specktra members for some recs I'd like to recommend you something! I've seen on a few posts here that a lot of people are lovin' the pandamonium quad but can't quite get the violet trance to blend or even look even on the lid. I had the same problem the first time I used it but this time I used untitled paint on the lid and then up at dawn all over the lid and then put violet trance on and it went on smooth and even blended normally!! So those VPs are little heroes when it comes to matte finishes!

HTH anyone who is having trouble!!!

I just got my Pandamonium eyes quad last night and was SO disappointed with trying to get Violet Trance to behave itself and go on - obviously others have encountered the same problem - so thank you to you two lovely ladies here with the tip about using a VP as a base, I must go home and try that!

My own experiments from last night to try and get the shadow to work for me: I started off using VT over Untitled paint and found the texture of absolutely useless, but I then tried it over Frostlite f/l and it seemed to bring the colour up a lot brighter and blend it a wee bit better, but still not that great....

The other thing I tried to get VT to apply better was packing it on with a sponge applicator rather than a brush - I found this gave some improvement.

So combining data from my own experiments and the tips here, tonight when I get home I'm going for Cloudbound (or maybe the lilac VP from the quad) on top of Frostlite, with Violet Trance on top, applied with a sponge tip applicator, and hopefully this will be the secret to purpley perfection, lol!

I really hoped Violet Trance was going to be my HG purple eyeshadow but clearly, it's not, it's just too strange a texture. It is a nice purple to have nonetheless. Oh, and is it just me, or do other folk find it goes on very dark - almost blackened? Like the colour of a black grape just about? Not at all what it looked like in the pan, I'd expected it to go on brighter..... Or perhaps that's just because I was having to pack such a lot on just to get it to apply quasi-evenly....

The surprise winner from the quad for me is definitely "Cloudbound". It's one of the nicest shadows I've seen for ages. I thought at first it was quite a similar colour to Frostlite f/l (which I also love), but when I swatched it, it's far more shimmery and also peachier in hue. Lovely.

Iridescence

Good Luck with VT! I do believe it is a unique color, I find that when I am in different lighting, it changes colors a bit. So yes, in darker light is seems almost a blackened purple and then in natural light it looks like a gorgeous purple!!!!!

Showgirl

Well, more playing about with Violet Trance and I seem to have managed to get it to work a good deal better and go on a good deal brighter and less "blackened" in appearance.

- a little bit of a cheap eyeshadow base cream (NYC) with a thin layer of "Untitled" paint on top

- a thin layer of a Veluxe Pearl on top. I'm using "Up at Dawn", the lilac one from the quad, as it seems to pep the "purpliness" quite a lot better than Cloudbound does

- Application of Violet Trance with a spongetip applicator seems to work better for me as it seems to get the stuff on a lot more evenly than the standard eyeshadow brush I was using. I think the reason the shadow was initially looking quite "blackened" was that I was having to pack quite a lot on to get the colour uniform... the sponge applicator lets me use a lot less shadow, and the colour appears much brighter.

Thanks so much for all the tips guys, I now have a workable purple shadow! I'm a bit irritated that it needs so much work to get right, but the colour is very pretty, the Veluxe Pearl base makes SUCH a difference.

Sho x

Latest posts