Visine as mixing medium?

Doowop

It should be safe for use around the eye area as it's eyedrop, but anyone tried it? is it an effective MM?

MAC_Whore

I would avoid using Visine, as it has an active ingredient (medication) and dosing instructions. Use contact solution instead. The Aquify brand has a very gentle formulation.

bartp

Aquify sounds like a pretty good alternative... maybe even better if you think about it.

I just checked the ingredients:
SolutionPreservative free*, isotonic, aqueousActive Sodium HyaluronateDiscard life8 weeks after openingSince Sodium 10ml multidose bottle

since Sodium Hyalorunate is used in a lot of moisturizers, it does sound like a safe and good alternative. Mixing medium is mainly based on glycerol and water. that's where the binding activity comes from. So we should get the same result.

Doowop

thanks, will use contact lens solution then based on the ingredients above. the normal type in the huge bottles for monthly contact lens should be fine right?

msmack

you could always make your own mixing medium using 1 part glycerine 3 parts water - I haven't tried it yet but I hear it's great.

Karen_B

I have tried using Visine and have had no problems with it - however I only used it a few times, so I can't say anything about long term effects.

sofabean

you shouldn't use visine. not even for eye drops. i used to use visine until i learned that the more you use it, the more dependent your eyes are and the more red they will be... so you have to keep using it