Wanting to apply at MAC or Sephora

I'm 17, and I'd really like to work at MAC or Sephora, or even a department store make-up counter.

Obviously I love make-up and I do have some experience in customer service helping my mom with her wedding planning and catering business.

I know the minimum age is probably 18, but I want to make sure. And I took the CHSPE which is basically testing out of High School, and it allows me to work legal 18 if I passed. I'm expecting to get a crazy look when I ask for an application since people sometimes think I'm 12 anyway
nope.gif
, and I wonder if they'd give me a hard time even with my CHSPE.

I plan on explaining this to the managers at MAC and Sephora when I go to the mall tomorrow and asking what they think, but I want you guy's input too.

I'm not going to ask for an application quite yet, I want to wait until I get my CHSPE results and hopefully certificate.

Barbie-gone-bad

I am 99.9% positive that you need to be a make-up artist to work at mac and Sephora. Which mean u needed to have taken a cosmetics course in college..I believe most are 6 months...but there quite expensive, I was going to apply to one- so I could work as a make-up artist during university- but they're like $10,000
ssad.gif

I you may not need to be an MUA to work at sephora, but def for MAC

jjjenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie-gone-bad
I am 99.9% positive that you need to be a make-up artist to work at mac and Sephora. Which mean u needed to have taken a cosmetics course in college..I believe most are 6 months...but there quite expensive, I was going to apply to one- so I could work as a make-up artist during university- but they're like $10,000
ssad.gif

I you may not need to be an MUA to work at sephora, but def for MAC

That is totally untrue. You don't need to be a certified make-up artist to work at mac or sephora. You don't have to take any cosmetics courses in college to be able to.

All you need to do is practice doing makeup, maybe come up with a portfolio and apply to work there. There are already threads on this, but I think all you have to do is fill out an application, get interviewed, and they will ask you do to a demo. If they liked all three, then you will probably get hired.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f276/m...process-30463/

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f276/

Sushi~Flower

You have to be at least 18...in my state you are not required to have any sort of degree. However, MAC will not train you. You must already know how to apply make up. You will be required to do a demo on a model as part of your interview so the best advice I can give you is take the time to study everything
smiles.gif
This site was invaluable to me
smiles.gif
Know the history of the company, it's philosophy, its vision. Practice on your friends and make sure you are explaining along the way. Know the products , at least he key ones
winks.gif
Talk to the artists and take notes they can be really helpful.
Good luck!

Miss_Jackie

once you are hired MAC does train you. but you do need to be pretty good so you can pass the demo interview