Was Lavender Whip Made in the USA? I'm alittle unsure...

Goat Goat Etc.

I recently ordered Lavender Whip through the Gone But Not Forgotten service provided by Estee Lauder. I read the sticker and it says "made in U.S.A" I thought all MAC lipsticks were from Canada?

The batch number on the sticker matches the batch number sticker on the box--those alone make it seem legit--BUT I just wanna make sure this thing is for real.

It smells and feels like MAC quality lipstick.

If you have this color can you take a quick look at yours and tell me it says the same jazz.

Thx

Makeup Emporium

What "sticker" says made in the USA? On the box it says Made in Canada but that is printed right on the box it is not a sticker. Are you talking about the sticker on the bottom of the lipstick?

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
What "sticker" says made in the USA? On the box it says Made in Canada but that is printed right on the box it is not a sticker. Are you talking about the sticker on the bottom of the lipstick?

Both the barcode sticker on the box and the name sticker on the bottom of the lipstick.

Ah, what I mean is the sticker on the bottom of my lipstick says Made in the USA.

And the box that it came in also says Made in the USA. There is also a sticker with a barcode on it on the box itself. The batch number on the barcode sticker matches up with that on the lipstick and box.

Goat Goat Etc.

I'm also checking font and positioning against packaging I have saved from past purchases. I'm not seeing anything shady yet.

Goat Goat Etc.

^ Do you think MAC commissions an after batch of products in the US, Japan, etc? After the collection is off the radar?

Makeup Emporium

I would say that you have nothing to worry about. The Gone But Not Forgotten Program is part of MAC. So I would say that anything that comes directly from MAC has to be authentic. MAC does not sell fake MAC.

Eleentje

That would have been something, if they did!
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
What is "Gone but not forgotten" please? I've not heard of it

It's only available in the US and the link to it on the US MAC site is here...

M·A·C Cosmetics | Product Information

The description of the service is...

"For assistance with locating a M·A·C product that has been discontinued, please contact our Corporate Headquarters via telephone at 1-800-216-7173 between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday and ask to speak with a Gone But Not Forgotten Representative.

Please note that a search may only be initiated for products within M·A·C's basic product line. We regret that we are unable to conduct searches for seasonal, limited edition, or promotional products.

If we are able to locate the product you have requested, you may purchase up to 6 units (depending upon availability). Gone But Not Forgotten items are available for shipment to locations within the U.S. To initiate a search for a discontinued product, please call us at 1-800-216-7173 between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday."

That's why I mentioned above that if ordered through Gone But Not Forgotten then the Lavender Whip has to be authentic. The GBNF program is a MAC program and MAC does not sell fakes!