We built a house!!...a gingerbread house!

glam8babe

that looks so yummy i wish i had one
ssad.gif

YvetteJeannine

It looks great! Did you get it in a kit, or did you cut out the G. bread shapes yourself? I've been wanting to do one for a long time now. Not enough time this year, but next year...Thing is, I don't know if I should buy a kit or not. I'd love to be able to do it (all) myself, but the kits are a LOT easier for someone who's never built one before.

My God..I was watching the annual Gingerbread contest on the FOOD channel the other day...Man; those people build whole damn Gingerbread CITIES!!!! Some of these things are incredibly elaborate. These people are so unbelievably talented, it's amazing. I felt SO bad for one lady though: She made all the parts for her project, and packed them in boxes with styro-foam peanuts for the plane trip, but the landing was really hard, and everything broke. It was heartbreaking...she couldn't compete and had to watch everyone else put their Houses together. I felt so bad for her...all that hard, hard work....Gone. Anyway, it was fun to see the rest of the contestants put their Houses together. People have so much talent. They need talent in art, building things, AND baking. I'd love to do something like that.

Hilly

Aww poor baker lady!! I hate when on the cake contest shows and the cake falls apart!! Ack!!

I bought a kit from Target...9.99. Definitely worth it!!

makeup_wh0re

I got that exact same kit from walmart....but I have a 20 month old and he kept pushing the house down when I was trying to get the icing stuff to harden up...then my fiance kept eating on the two gingerbread men for the front of the yard lol. Yours turned out very cute

MxAxC-_ATTACK

.. How many WW points is that entire house?

God.. Id just eat the entire thing in like a matter of a few days.. lol

" honey, where did the roof portion go?"

"in my belly. thats where"

(its very cute too btw!)

Willa

Silly question I know, but do people eat the house after the holidays?

I made some when I was younger but never ate it... was so dusty and... old hahaha

It seems you have a nice home
smiles.gif

And the house is really cute
choochoo.gif

Hilly

hahaha i wouldn't eat it..but that's because I don't like Gingerbread. I don't think people eat them...tho there is nutritional info that came on the kit. It said 22 servings at 240 cals a pop! Holy cow!

fingie

I've always wanted to try to build a gingerbread house, I just don't think that I have the patience! Haha! Great job though
smiles.gif

Pei

Very cheerful looking gingerbread house!

Beautiful tree & nice man u have =D

I'm in for a christmas mood~