Wet n' Wild products getting better?

Daphne69

I think every line has some goodies, and I like WnW cause I can always pick something up, even when I am broke...I haven't tried everything, but here is what I have-

I love the Diamond Brilliance lip gloss - the perfect texture, sticky enough to stay on for a while, sheer pretty colors - I love 612, a sheer corally pink with sparkle and 611, a no-color opalaescent shine, looks good on top of everything I ever pair it with

The Wild Shine nailpolishes for .99 last pretty darn long on your nails if you use a good top-coat. Great for trying colors you are not sure about, instead of splurging on an expensive polish you will wear only once.

The lipsticks - awesome texture, just as good as high end, but color selection is more limited - plus the cap stays tight, unlike NYC lipsticks, which are also great, but the cap comes off and you get lipstick all over inside your purse. Major hassle!

Mega shadows - dry - pretty decent, limited selection, last w/ base

Mega Eyes cream shadows that every one raves about? Well, I think they suck. Gave mine to my niece to use as a face hi-lighter for dance recitals, after I saw it on her I regreted not keeping it, it works great for that!

The 3 in 1 blush stick in #727 - that sucks too, no color pay off, fades immediately if not sooner. If it works for you and you love it, send me a SASE and you can have mine...its a warm pink shade, I think it was called "in the Hamptons"

Thats all I have tried from WnW so far, I hear that the new skin care line is really good but I am trying to use more organic skin care these days. I haven't bought their liners in ages, they are too hard in my opinion and I would only consider them for brows.

SweetCheeks

LOVE WetNWild ... they have so many great products out now! I have several lip glosses, lip liners, bronzers.

MsButterfli

wet n wild is definitely gettin better, a few weeks ago, rite aid had ALL wet n wild products for 99 cents, I got 3 cream shadow pallets and the liquid h2o liner (i lovvve it) and recently i got these eyeshadow palettes with 8 shadows in em, marked down to 1.24 or something from duane reade, they are nicely pigmented as well. i have swatches of some as well here http://specktra.net/f195/gotta-love-...e-hauls-90683/

talks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsButterfli
wet n wild is definitely gettin better, a few weeks ago, rite aid had ALL wet n wild products for 99 cents, I got 3 cream shadow pallets and the liquid h2o liner (i lovvve it) and recently i got these eyeshadow palettes with 8 shadows in em, marked down to 1.24 or something from duane reade, they are nicely pigmented as well. i have swatches of some as well here http://specktra.net/f195/gotta-love-...e-hauls-90683/

Ever since I saw your post I searched and searched for those palettes because I HAD to have them! I finally found them at Jewel!
th_DANCE.gif
I can't wait to play with them!

luvsic

Re: WnW Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23
The cream eyeshadows make excellent eyeshadow bases. I quit using MAC paints and started using these. I even prefer these over Urban Decay primer potion.

That sounds awesome! Which ones do you use? I'm thinking of trying that out now, now that I am discovering how to use eye shadow
greengrin.gif

i have TONS of stuff from that brand, since i'm still under allowance. wet n wild and N.Y.C. are the only two brands that i am satisfied with that's within my budget.

i have their shadow pots, and the colors are REALLY vibrant. just wish they have more colors! they don't crease at all, which really surprised me. and it's nearly waterproof.

and i agree about their pencils. for only $0.99, they work just as well as MAC pencils. i have every color available, and i don't feel guilty at all, since they're so cheap!

but i think their powders and foundations need some improvement. both break me out :[.

and their concealers need more shades. the darkest color is WAY too light for me. (MAC NW35.)

Lucenah

Ooo, I keep hearing about how great Wet n Wild is, I really want to try their cream shadows and their eyeliners now [= You say the eyeliners have lots of bright colours? Then I'm there =]

I'm just super disappointed about the super shiney gloss everyone seems to love - I live in Canada and I have looked EVERYWHERE (Zellers, Shoppers, London Drugs, Wal-Mart...) and I can't seem to find them. All I've found is the MegaSlicks stuff, but I've used that before and I think the ones you're talking about is called MegaShine? No? Yes?

Anyways, the only place I can think of that MIGHT have them is Superstore/Loblaws. Does anyone know if they sell that gloss? I don't want have to go all the way there just to find they don't have it
ssad.gif

Gah!
ssad.gif

infernalmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucenah
Ooo, I keep hearing about how great Wet n Wild is, I really want to try their cream shadows and their eyeliners now [= You say the eyeliners have lots of bright colours? Then I'm there =]

I'm just super disappointed about the super shiney gloss everyone seems to love - I live in Canada and I have looked EVERYWHERE (Zellers, Shoppers, London Drugs, Wal-Mart...) and I can't seem to find them. All I've found is the MegaSlicks stuff, but I've used that before and I think the ones you're talking about is called MegaShine? No? Yes?

Anyways, the only place I can think of that MIGHT have them is Superstore/Loblaws. Does anyone know if they sell that gloss? I don't want have to go all the way there just to find they don't have it
ssad.gif

Gah!
ssad.gif

where are you in canada? all the wal-marts i have ever been to here sell WnW. you may have to look around the corners in your cosmetics section. zellers also carries their stuff.

s0xjuicy

I've tried one of their nail polish's and I think I had an allergic reaction because my eyes were itching like crazy until I took it off.

I also have one of their liquid liners in a gorgeous metallic teal color, I have yet to wear it out, but when I swatched it, it stayed put!

Lucenah

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
where are you in canada? all the wal-marts i have ever been to here sell WnW. you may have to look around the corners in your cosmetics section. zellers also carries their stuff.

I'm in Alberta, and yeah they sell Wet n' Wild, but not this one specific lipgloss :-/
Maybe I should hunt down other Walmarts, but I dunnooo
th_dunno.gif

nilla52

Yup their sandcastle palette is amazing ..and very pigmented.
I have the cream shadows but I don't like em ...all I see is glitter and no color when i apply it