What brush to use with MSF natural? Recs under $30?

I want to use MSFN as a foundation. Any recommendations for a buki or other dense, large brush to apply it this way? Under $30 preferably!

kaexbabey

a kabuki brush! i think the too faced one may be under $30. some drugstore brands carry kabukis too. sonia kasuk is a pretty good line, so you can try something from her.

anshu7

posh kabuki
everyday minerals kabuki
and everyday minerals flat head brush
all under 15$

PolyphonicLove

Too Faced Retractable Kabuki...$28.50, and perfect for on the go application [if you want to touch up later in the day, save time by swirling the brush in powder - so you can just pack the brush, and not the powder itself]. I use MSFN as a foundation when I have to rush out the door; the trick to getting coverage with it is using a primer before hand. If you don't have one, try Cargo's Blu_Ray Mattifyer [$24] or one of Smashbox's many travel sized primers [$17]

BTW, currently I'm using Mark. flat top bronzer/blush brush for my MSFN...you can get a lot of coverage with it, and its pretty damn cheap.

Sanayhs

When using MSFN as a foundation, I'd say go with a flat-topped kabuki brush (I have MAC's 180). It will give decent coverage much more quickly than a dome-shaped kabuki brush.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip_gloss_whore
Try the Essence Of Beauty Kabuki it's about $9.99 or so at CVS....

I agree...Essence of Beauty is a great drugstore line that are of really good quality. And you seriously can't beat the price! My big powder brush I use everyday and that has been washed a million times is by them and still in awesome condition!

Leilani78

I use a kabuki brush from the Salon Collection. You can find it at Walgreens for about $14. I like how its soft and cheap!

lunargen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip_gloss_whore
Try the Essence Of Beauty Kabuki it's about $9.99 or so at CVS....

I agree with this too, I have one and it's awesome! So are the other brushes they have! But when mine was new, I find that some of the bristles poked my face sharply so I used a pumice stone to dull the sharp ones and soften it even more all over.
greengrin.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyphonicLove

BTW, currently I'm using Mark. flat top bronzer/blush brush for my MSFN...you can get a lot of coverage with it, and its pretty damn cheap.

OMG, this is what I use with mine, too. Glad to see I'm not alone! I just ordered their mini kabuki to see how I like it and compare it with the bronzer/blush brush.

revinn

I use and LOVE the kabuki brush from mark. cosmetics. It costs like 8 bucks, but it works so well. It's the only bargain brush I own, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in results from my nice brushes. And it's retractable, with a little black cap.

NicksWifey

I have to be a little different than everyone else on this thread
winks.gif

I prefer to use my MSFN with the #187. I just recently started using it and notice an extreme difference in my makeup. I used to use my Sephora bronzer brush (which reminds me of a big fat kabuki brush) for my MSFN and after using the #187, I realize how much better it looks and less cakey.
Of course, the #187 is on the expensive side of brushes but I was able to get the short handle version from one of the lovely Specktra gals at a fraction of the cost.
HTH
smiles.gif