What colour makes black irises pop?

Doowop

For blue eyes it's red colour, for green it's brown colour, what about black eyes? And is there more than one colour?

makeba

my eyecolor is close to black and have found that deep truth mac shadow, deep purples and deep browns colors are very sultry looking!!

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowop
For blue eyes it's red colour, for green it's brown colour, what about black eyes? And is there more than one colour?

I would say for blue it's orange and green it would be red. I think you could do a lot with black, though I'd assume lighter colours in general would make the black stand out more (more contrast).

User67

I have super dark brown eyes & I find that bright golds & cream colors look beautiful, but like someone else mentioned dark blues & purples also look amazing. And something I just recently discovered is that using less black eyeliner really helps to. I used to be all about super dark smokey eyes & I always had thick black eyeliner under my eyes. Now I only line my top lashline with black & I use a flesh colored liner on my lower inner rims & mascara. Now I notice that my brown eyes just seem to glow & look so bright & pretty. That might be something you might want to try as well
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I know having black irises is impossible. But im pretty damn close to it, someone said i had "black cherry eyes"

I have to agree that lighter colors look better on dark dark brown eyes. For making my eyes stand out I love golden browns such as woodwinked or patina with a darker color in the crease. As for smokey eyes i sort of like grey colors, i think it matches well, im medium skinned tone.