What did my family do wrong? (long story)

Pink_minx

Well I was browsing around on my friend's myspace and found my Aunt's site (my mom's sister whom she havent talked to since they got into a dumb fight). Well I have a uncle who is also on myspace. He has been living with us for 6 months now and that whole 6 months he only gave us $300 that is suppose to help us with groceries and for electric and water bills. My mom told him that he should be moving out in March and that he needs to get out and have responsibilities and be independent because she said that when she needed a place to stay her dad and sister didnt help at all and she had to be on her own. I read his comment to my aunt saying:
"Hey sis!, hows everythang? hope u guys r doin' good.As 4 me im hangin n there.I guess the situation here is fragile, cuz i dont kno whats up wit kay n darryl(my parents).If worst comes 2 worst im gonna talk 2 dad n c if i could move n .I really dont feel walcomed here anymore, their jus askin' 4-2 much wen i cant even help myself.well ill come visit u guys wen i get some time off luv dan..."

Like wtf! we are asking him 4 too much money when he cant even help himself? Then maybe he should stop going clubbing all the time! Buying himself drinks and other girls drinks and driving all over the place can add up! My mom only asked him for at least $200 or I think $300 because our water, electric, and phone bills has gone up. He is ALWAYS on our home phone for hours and hours with some girl.

I dont understand why he said he didnt feel welcomed...I mean when my mom cooks she asks him to come eat. When he needed a babysitter I babysat his son who is omg so naughty and has no manners at all but I still love him though lol! But Im just saying it isnt easy having another person living in our house especially when hes living here mostly rent free. Yes he is family but nothing is for free in our house we buy what he eats and sleeps in. my dad pays the bills I mean everything we use isnt for free. We were nice enough to give him a place to stay but we didnt want him to stay forever I mean he had to go someday I mean he is almost 30 years old he can find an apartment he has a FULL time job.

I just dont understand why my mom's side of the family is so against her, my dad, my brother, and myself. We try to help them but they take us for granted they just use us and talk behind our backs like we are the bad people. I dont get it.
ssad.gif

Pink_minx

yeah I guess its better to live far away from those who dont appreciate your help. It was a waste moving closer to them because it didnt really benefit our family at all it just made it worse...no wonder my OTHER uncle who is older than this one has isolated himself from us because he didnt want to deal with them. He only keeps in touch with my mom.

Classic Beauty

Maybe try to talk to him about it. Print the page out and ask him to explain it to you. Then tell him he barely pays rent, he's always out clubbing and he wastes his money.

blueyedlady87

Your mom should kick his lazy ass out. There is no excuse for a grown adult to be totally dependent on someone else.

Pink_minx

I know he is packing right now he never even told us about him moving out this soon. We had to hear it from my grandpa so its like he is sneaking out of the house with out thanking us and giving us money. At least he could do is be like "hey thank you for letting me stay for this long here is some money for the phone bill..." etc etc. But no he is just going to leave like we did something wrong to him. Gawd it gets me so mad.

IslandGirl77

Man, I have family members like that. They want everybody to help them and feel sorry for them. But, they dont' want to help themselves. They expect everybody to just except the crap they do and continue giving them handouts. Man, let him moveout. If he don't feel welcomed oh well. People shouldn't work hard just so somebody else can sit around being lazy. He's just mad cuz he's not gonna get a free ride anymore. That's really ungrateful.

Pink_minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
Man, I have family members like that. They want everybody to help them and feel sorry for them. But, they dont' want to help themselves. They expect everybody to just except the crap they do and continue giving them handouts. Man, let him moveout. If he don't feel welcomed oh well. People shouldn't work hard just so somebody else can sit around being lazy. He's just mad cuz he's not gonna get a free ride anymore. That's really ungrateful.

I know what you mean...thank god he is gone now not to be mean but its the truth I feel like we have our house back now. Just because he is family doesnt mean he can step all over us and expect us to let him live in our house for free I didnt see him struggling at all not as much as my mom did when my mom and I were homeless with NO ONE to help except for some guy who she met at a club who is now my dad lol. But it is ungrateful he didnt thank us when he left today what an ass.

user4

some people are just completly ungrateful like that. give them a little help and they wanna take it all!!! dont worry, its not just your family... TRUST ME!!!