What Do You *Like* About Your Looks?

angeliquea~+

Just wanted to say this is a great idea for a thread! There's so much of "Ohhh I hate my *insert body part*...", its good to have such a positive thread!

I love my colouring, I'm Eurasian and I have dark brown hair and dark brown almond shaped eyes, for years as a teenager I wished I was blonde and blue eyed but now I wouldn't change my looks for the world.
I love my hair because it's thick and super long now (past my chest)
I like my skin because it's mostly clear (or it's clear for as long as I use the right products :p )

Miss_M

What a great positive thread !!
smiles.gif

You know, the older I get, the more I like myself and start to appreciate things about myself.

I like my eyes, they are two colors of green which is pretty unusual around here.
I also like my nails, they are pretty strong and grow really fast, most people think I have fake nails.
I like my long, thick, wavy hair. I always get the "I wish I had your hair" compliments on it
smiles.gif

I like the size of my teeth, they are not too small or too big and match my face.

SparklingWaves

As a child and a teen, I wouldn't have been able to come up with one thing that I liked about my appearance. That's how much I hated my appearance.

Internally, I have been working on the issue of not just finding something beautiful about myself, but more broadly self-acceptance and self-awareness. This is not just a destination, but a journey of continual self-discovery for me. So much was robbed from me, that I feel that I am just waking up to a new person or a new experience even decades later.

My mind is the real thing that I appreciate the most. It has rescued me from Hellish unspeakable crimes, somehow put me through college, and allowed it's self to break out of many controlling belief systems.

In regard to my appearance, I like my small feet. I can wear the display size six shoe.

In just the past few years, I felt like I was just getting the body of a woman. That is still so new to me. I never really even felt connected to a body or my body and now I have one that is resembling a woman. Whoa! That just gets me emotional.

Lastly, I like my skin tone. My favorite colors look great on it.

alien21xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_M
You know, the older I get, the more I like myself and start to appreciate things about myself.

This is so true.
smiles.gif

I love my nose, first and foremost. A lot of people ask me if I have had a nose job and who my doctor is if I did because all of my sibs just do not have the same nose as I do. I can wear any type of sunglasses and still rock it because of my nose! I guess it's not often that pure Filipinos have this type of feature?

I love my eyes because they're huge and expressive. I also love my lips/mouth even though many comment that my mouth is a tad too big.

I love that even though I have heavy thighs, my legs still look slim when I wear skinny pants or short skirts!
yahoo.gif

I guess I love a lot about my looks. I just don't like my scars, but I tend not to focus on that. And also my height! LOL But that's what clothes alteration is for!
greengrin.gif

ndn-ista

Oh yes, I like this thread, def good to concentrate what we love about ourselves instead of things we want to change!

I love me eyes (they are brown, big, almondy, dreamy, some say my eyes tell a story)

I love my hair (it is super straight, very long down to my booty and thick. black, and dont have to put any products or appliances in my hair
smiles.gif
I got it from my mom, she is almost 63 yrs old with thick long hair down to her booty)

I love my skin complexion, didnt like it when I was younger, but I love the soft mochalata of mine

I love my boobs (34/36 C and bubbly and lively as I am
smiles.gif

I love they way I dress and puttin together outfits/accesories.

I guess I have more things to be appreciative and blessed for then I think
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
I love my lips! When I was a kid they were way too big for my face and I got teased unmercifully but as an adult they are full and sensual, and I love them. Also love the color and shape of my eyes, and my body's curves (well, most of them anyway, hee).

I can relate to both of those!
In junior high and high school and even beyond, I got hateful remarks about my full lips. I was even called "ni***r lips," which even then I thought was horrible. I'm not proud of this, but even I bought in to the idea that my lips were "too big," and tried to make them look smaller. These days I consider my lips among my best features, and rock red lipstick.
I also got called "bubble butt," and now everybody wants a round behind!

spectrolite

Great thread! It's so easy for me to overlook the things I do like about myself since I seem to dwell on the things I don't like.

I love my dark skin - the colour and how incredibly soft it is
I love my eyes - big, almond shaped brown jems
I love my neckline and shoulders
I love my lips - full and cushiony
smiles.gif

I love my small frame and luscious curves
I love my slim arms and the definition I'm seeing thanks to my gym sessions!

righteothen

I like my lips (seems to be common in here). They're full, but they aren't too full.

I like my eyes. They're blue-green, without being too blue, or too green, so I can't call them either of those. My husband says they remind him of the creek where he grew up ^_^. (Don't like my dark circles, but this thread isn't about that).

I like my eyelashes, because I have lots of them, so I don't need to worry about volumizing mascara (but I use lengthening ^_^).

And lastly, I like my legs, even if I have thickish thighs.

This is a great thread, I feel a little better already ^_^.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
Great thread! It's so easy for me to overlook the things I do like about myself since I seem to dwell on the things I don't like.

I heard *that*!
For most of my life, I thought it was "conceited" to acknowledge having any good features.
A little maturity(I'm 43) has made me realize that if you've been given something good, it's healthier to appreciate it, rather than ignore or belittle it for the sake of seeming "humble."

ginger9

Thank you for this thread we really need to focus on the good stuff...I really need to do this too cuz I'm feeling pretty down about myself today...

Okay I actually have to think about this...

I like my hair. It's long, straight, dark brown with reddish hightlights that are completely natural. And I have LOTS of it.

I like my eyes. I have the same eyes as my dad. It's not the most beautiful eyes out there but they are very warm and kind. They are truly a window to my soul.

I actually HAVE a butt for a Chinese girl
th_LMAO.gif
I've received compliments on my tooshie
blush-anim-cl.gif

Lastly, I know I don't have the best body but I'm really learning to appreciate it as I age. I was lucky enough to inherit an athletic build (both my parents were gym teachers). I like the fact that it's not hard for me to build muscle and I am strong for a 5'4 gal.

Hmm, I feel better about myself already. Thanks again for starting this thread
smiles.gif

choozen1ne

I love the shape of my lips - they are full
My hair , I have long curly hair that forms into perfect spiral curls( well it does this when I am having a good hair day )
My skin - I have verly little problems with pimples
I have almond shaped eyes
When I chose to show it I have nice cleavage - no push up bras needed

Good idea for a post. :] My dad just called me fat today because he thinks that at my height (5'3"/5'4"), I should be 17 lbs.lighter than 115 lbs.
But that would require the lack of boobs and an ass. >_> So no thanks.

I like that I'm proportional--pretty nice boobs and according to a lot of people, a really nice, bootylicious/ghetto butt. >_>
I like that I have abs, and I...was gaining a six pack (or just mass toned-ness) before all the epic feasts this weekend.
Toned arms. My forearm can take the place of an electric mixer when I'm making gourmet marshmallows with my friends. :]

flowerhead

i have no problems with my nose, it's small. i like my eyes, they are dark grey which is a slavic feature inherited from my mummy. my skin's quite nice too.

purrtykitty

hmmm...i also like my coloring - pale, freckled skin and light, hazel eyes. and i've also recently dyed my very light brown a dark blackish brown. i also like my lips they're full, but not too full - i guess my facial structure, in general. not much else - i have a love-hate relationship with my boobs, and i've dealt with body-image issues since i was about 10.

wordgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I love my freckles.

same here. I always sheer my foundation over my nose and upper cheeks to let them shine through.