What do you suggest getting?

bay-bee

Hi I am new and am looking for some suggestions! I was recomended this by a friend as I was going to buy some fake ones on ebay (without knowing of course!) so she said come over here for some tips!

I am getting married in Dec this year and I am doing my own make up. I have decided to spend the money and buy some MAC products and have one of their make overs.

What I need to know from you guys is what brushes are a must have!? I have seen alot of you like the 187.

Thanks

Chic 2k6

the 182 brush is absolutely a must have, it's pricey but it works wonders. If for example you use natural MSF, just buff it into your skin and you'll get a flawless look, it's awesome!

Another one i have is 217 brush, it's a blending brush which is also a good applicator as well,

glittergoddess27

Hmm if I had to pare my brushes down to the most important basics,.. it would be:

242 applies e/s or emollient great
217 for blending
182 - applies foundation and powders flawlessly
109 - its almost like a mini kabuki on a stick- buffs in blush flawlessly,.. I often use it with my MSF's too,.. well that was before the MAC baby buki came out.

You know I have so many brushes I can't even tell ya,... I took a pic of them once,.. well that has almost doubled. So those of you that saw that pic,.. well,.. now I have a brush for each function,.. LOL.

RoseMe

I think 187 will do wonders for the beautiful blushing-bride look you want to have on that big day. Congratulations by the way!!!

janwa09

Yup the 187 is pricey but you can do a lot of things with it--it can be a foundation brush (for both powder and liquid), Blush brush etc..so definitely get it!
Also get 208, which is a brow brush, 217 for blending eyeshadow, 239/249 for eyeshadow application. And the 109 is great too...if you're thinking of putting bronzer/highlight on your face and decolletage this is the best brush to use.