What does a MAC host do?

Pollyy

Hi everyone!
I've tried to search the forums for an answer to this question but I can't find it anywhere, sorry if it's already been answered!

I've been checking the Estee Lauder website almost daily to see if there are any vacancies at my local counters, and today I have noticed that there is a position available as a full time host.
I was just wondering what is involved in this role, I've never heard of it before!
It sounds like you have to greet customers, and I would really like to apply, but would just like to make sure I know exactly what I'm applying for so I don't sound like an idiot when I speak to them about it!

Thank you for reading!

daisybuti

a little late on reply lol, but i have been offered a position as a host/cashier? tho i wanted to be an artist, but because i didnt succeed in my demo i didnt get it :( the manager really liked me tho, and offered me a role as cashier/host so i can progress into the company!!!

i got told by someone else that a host would mostly be behind the counter, taking appointments and answering phone etc.

my manager told me she wants me to be out in the store as well as cashier so i can connect with other artists and learn from what they do. cant believe how nice the manager is!!!