What is this?!?

Makeup Emporium

I believe this was jewellery given out to MAC employees (I have seen these before). I am not sure what collection it was for though.

shatteredshards

Who knows, but listing something as "MACS" is a trick some sellers use to sell counterfeit MAC, because they listed it as "MACS" and not "MAC," so it's not fraud/copyright infringement.

gildedangel

It looks like MAC jewelry from years ago, but it may be fake. Hopefully a long-time MAC artist can confirm or deny its authenticity.

julie150463

Quote:

It's from about 10 years ago. There was actually a perfume vial that was held in the amulet
thmbup.gif

LMD84

is it worth $50 though?! it's not the most atrractive thing in the world. but i guess somebody would buy it for it's collective value.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Who knows, but listing something as "MACS" is a trick some sellers use to sell counterfeit MAC, because they listed it as "MACS" and not "MAC," so it's not fraud/copyright infringement.

Shatter ,it doesn't matter if it's Mac or Macs,it's against the law to sell fakes of brand names. Selling fakes or replicas breaches trade mark laws. This is because significant investment went into the brand name and fakes take advantage of the reputation in this brand name.
mac_addict.gif

chickatthegym

^Yes, and counterfeit merchandise is illegal regardless of what you call it when you sell it.

LMD, I agree! It is super ugly and I am 99% sure it is fake since all the rest of her stuff is. She is the one who keeps emailing me about her "employee sales" and how she gets eye shadows for $3 and liners for like $2 lol

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Shatter ,it doesn't matter if it's Mac or Macs,it's against the law to sell fakes of brand names. Selling fakes or replicas breaches trade mark laws.

Oh, I know. They typically don't get away with it, using that excuse, but it doesn't stop them from trying. After all, they're dumb enough to pass off the fakes in the first place!

bellydancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^Yes, and counterfeit merchandise is illegal regardless of what you call it when you sell it.

LMD, I agree! It is super ugly and I am 99% sure it is fake since all the rest of her stuff is. She is the one who keeps emailing me about her "employee sales" and how she gets eye shadows for $3 and liners for like $2 lol

How is the rest of the things she/he selling is fake? they look authentic to me, I am a little confused now. I bought from this seller before and what I received was authentic.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
It's from about 10 years ago. There was actually a perfume vial that was held in the amulet
thmbup.gif

good to know

Quote:

She looks like a CCO reseller, from what I can see of her other listings she's selling authentic stuff

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellydancer
How is the rest of the things she/he selling is fake? they look authentic to me, I am a little confused now. I bought from this seller before and what I received was authentic.

It wasn't a comment about the seller having fakes, rather, it was a response to my comment about sellers using MACS instead of MAC.
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

Bellydancer, Most of what she has listed on eBay right NOW looks real to me too. In the past she had some really fake stuff listed... I was going to buy something from her too (that looked real) and asked her where she got it. She added me to her email mailing list and since then I have been getting nonstop emails about her "special employee MAC sales" she gets to go to and how she can order stuff from them and it won't arrive for 3 weeks. She sent pictures of that stuff and it's all the fake Fafi lip glosses that are all over eBay and faek shadows and stuff.

bellydancer

Quote:
Bellydancer, Most of what she has listed on eBay right NOW looks real to me too. In the past she had some really fake stuff listed... I was going to buy something from her too (that looked real) and asked her where she got it. She added me to her email mailing list and since then I have been getting nonstop emails about her "special employee MAC sales" she gets to go to and how she can order stuff from them and it won't arrive for 3 weeks. She sent pictures of that stuff and it's all the fake Fafi lip glosses that are all over eBay and faek shadows and stuff.

wow, I hardly buy mac from ebay but I guess I have to be more careful with that seller then if you say she used to sell fake mac before. I know I had been receiving emails from her too but I just thought that she had some connection somewhere since I had bought from her before and received authentic mac. Is this the fafi lipglass you were talking about? she sent me an email where she says that they are Fafi Lipglass, (unboxed, unlabel, NO Fafi Girl sticker)... I haven't received any pictures of the eye shadows though...
15o84jn.jpg

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellydancer
wow, I hardly buy mac from ebay but I guess I have to be more careful with that seller then if you say she used to sell fake mac before. I know I had been receiving emails from her too but I just thought that she had some connection somewhere since I had bought from her before and received authentic mac. Is this the fafi lipglass you were talking about? she says that they are Fafi Lipglass, (unboxed, unlabel, NO Fafi Girl sticker)... I haven't received any of eye shadows though...
15o84jn.jpg

Now those I call fake on
mac-fafi-lipglass.jpg

These are the fafi lip glasses and if what's she's selling was production pre run they would be in a normal mac lg tube nothing extra, I've seen dazzleglass in a lg tube for pre productions runs but never a half/half run like that
Plus why would she get those now fafi has been out FOREVER