What is up with Hello Kitty?

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
...what kind of fucking idiot carves hello kitty into their arm?

IMO - It looks cult related.

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
These items are unbelievable.

yes! and some are really inappropriate, i know adults like hk sometimes but it's still prodominatley a child's brand...

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
yes! and some are really inappropriate, i know adults like hk sometimes but it's still prodominatley a child's brand...

I thought it was a children's thing primarily too. I know that there are some jewelry for women.

That branding symbol thing is unsettling to me. I just can't think of anything resembling wanting that, but a cult. I guess it could be from the ultimate obsession.

I don't think a lot of this stuff is available in the U.S., but I wasn't aware it existed. So, I am clueless...

sharyn

I dont think it's a bad thing for them (Sanrio! Not some product pirates!) to put a Hello Kitty on almost everything... Some people want to dress head to toe black, some want to wear all polka dots... and some want Hello Kitty everywere. Where's the difference between a goth and his/her obsession with bats/vampires or the color black and me and my Hello Kitty collection? IMO It's a subculture like every other.

SparklingWaves

My neices are in their 20's and they love Hello Kitty too.
smiles.gif

captodometer

I think Hello Kitty is much more popular in Asia than it is in N America and Europe? I recall seeing video footage of Japanese university students carrying Hello Kitty lunchboxes as purses, and Hello Kitty fuzzy plush backpacks.

And if you build it, someone somewhere will eventually buy it....no matter how crappy or strange it is
th_dunno.gif
But I do admit that the tattoo is disturbing!

Evey

wow....that's a little overboard with the hello kitty. When I was younger, my cousin and I really liked going to Sanrio to shop. I was in love with Pochacco...I had lots of little nicknacks...but this is just ridiculous lol

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Honestly, I think the Hello Kitty Exhaust Pipe is cute lol. I would rock that!

I was just gonna saw the same thing! Id totally rock it, its subtle, and you can hardly tell unless you are looking, its quirky and cute.

hello_kitty

I LOVE Hello Kitty, and have since I was a little girl (I am 24 now). I would love to fly on the HK Airline that they have in Taiwan... that'd be so awesome. And go to Japan and buy all the crazy stuff.

One of my friends has HK tattooed on her chest actually. But I think I am more of a HK freak than she is... but I don't want a tattoo.

kristakamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Honestly, I think the Hello Kitty Exhaust Pipe is cute lol. I would rock that!

so would i !!!

BadBadGirl

I'm getting a tattoo. I loved Hello Kitty since before I could even talk. I still have my very first HK item.

Hello Kitty is very much a collectible, just like Barbies, Madame Alexander dolls, or Swarovski stuff. The things you may find in Target are not 'collectible' per se, but if you visit a Sanrio store in the larger cities, you will find more HK items for adults that are limited edition.