what lipstick color makes teeth appear whiter?

Austrian_Babe

believe it or not, I don´t own ANY lipsticks. I don´t like to draw attention to my lips cause I don´t really like their shape and I feel like my teeth are not white enough, and lipstick would only enhance that, right? I have a wedding to go to and I´d like to try something new. especially when pics are taken my lips always look so neutral, b/c I only wear light pink or clear lipglosses.

I read that blue-toned l/s are supposed to make teeth appear whiter. any recommends on colors? it shouldn´t be too dark though, cause I am a blue eyed blonde, NC 30. I´m thinking a dark pink/light plum...
hope you girls can help!!!

RussianSexpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian_Babe
believe it or not, I don´t own ANY lipsticks. I don´t like to draw attention to my lips cause I don´t really like their shape and I feel like my teeth are not white enough, and lipstick would only enhance that, right? I have a wedding to go to and I´d like to try something new. especially when pics are taken my lips always look so neutral, b/c I only wear light pink or clear lipglosses.

I read that blue-toned l/s are supposed to make teeth appear whiter. any recommends on colors? it shouldn´t be too dark though, cause I am a blue eyed blonde, NC 30. I´m thinking a dark pink/light plum...
hope you girls can help!!!

Okay, so if you're NC that puts you in the warm category, right? Hopefully...They have this sheer red lipstick, it looks awesome on warm tones but I have cool tones so it didn't fit me very well..Damn I wish I could remember the name *smacks self on the head*..well it's like the sheerest red lipstick they have, I think that'd probably be a nice way to introduce you to color in a simple way, but enough to still feel a major difference....

martygreene

Bright, bold reds like people are suggesting are actually going to do the opposite of what you want. Bright reds will make teeth look yellower.

You might want to look at plum perfect lip conditioner, or perhaps sheer plum, house wine, or for a pink capricious or faux.

PrettyKitty

Purple is the worst color for yellow teeth, its like orange for blue eyes, the blue in the eyes POP... So the yellow of the teeth POP with purple.

foreveratorifan

for a nice red-brown shade, very warm and neutral, maybe you can try the Viva Glam I shade of lipstick with mahogany lipliner....

i love that combo....you can go to a counter if one is near you and try it out and look at the results!
smiles.gif

good luck in your quest!

Austrian_Babe

well thanks for the replies everybody. I´m gonna go for a plum shade I think..I´m too chicken to wear red since I normally hardly wear COLORS on my lips.

eyeshadowfreak

I have to agree with amandamakeup and theraindrops, New York Apple is a great blue-based red, but it's not a very loud color IMO. I wear it all the time and I'm an NW15.

MacLover

I work for a dentist and it's amazing how some red lipsticks can make your teeth look so white. I notice that when a woman comes in wearing red lipstick her teeth look really white, until she takes it off to have a procedure done. You can tell a difference.

Everytime I wear Dubonnet, my patients ask me if I have just used a whitener on my teeth. LOL I have never used anything to whiten my teeth, but when I want them to look like I have I wear Dubonnet or even Bordeaux. Bordeaux has been discontinued....Bummer because I love that color!

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSexpot
Okay, so if you're NC that puts you in the warm category, right? Hopefully...They have this sheer red lipstick, it looks awesome on warm tones but I have cool tones so it didn't fit me very well..Damn I wish I could remember the name *smacks self on the head*..well it's like the sheerest red lipstick they have, I think that'd probably be a nice way to introduce you to color in a simple way, but enough to still feel a major difference....

That would be Lady Bug
smiles.gif

But if you are looking for a plum that's not too overwhelming, I highly recommend:

Capricious - it's a rosy-plum color and in the lustre formula so it applies glossy

metalkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Purple is the worst color for yellow teeth, its like orange for blue eyes, the blue in the eyes POP... So the yellow of the teeth POP with purple.

Ohh yeah, this's so true! I've been feeling my teeth aren't as white as they should be, tried on the new pro Violetta amplified lipstick ( Clear bright purple) today and whoa! Scary!