what the derm gave you?

Jessickcah

I'm 13, and i know pimples are expected, but mine are pretty bad. I've gotton them on my back (all the way down my back) and on my chest. And of course my face. I'm going to the derm soon, and i wasent quietly sure were to post this, but can some of you girls explain to me what kind of face [skin type/ how much acne..] and what products you got from the derm?

fairytale22

The pediatrician prescribed some Benzoyl Peroxide gel and it worked for a while but stopped after a few months.

XxTinker_BellxX

My friends father worked in a pharmacy so i go the hook ups. Theres a diference between acne and jus good ol clogged pores so depending on the problem a different medication will be prescribed. he gave me erythromycin:

Erythromycin ( eh-rith-roe-MYE-sin) belongs to the family of medicines called antibiotics. Erythromycin topical preparations are used on the skin to help control acne. They may be used alone or with one or more other medicines that are applied to the skin or taken by mouth for acne. They may also be used for other problems, such as skin infections, as determined by your doctor
but i was also given benzoyl proxide gel and retin-a but the retin-a dried my skin out and made it peel YUCK! my friend was also given pills taht were an antibiotic but if yoru on birthcontrol ..watch out cuz they interfere with that
winks.gif

Arella

Mine were never particularly bad, but when I saw my dermatologist for my skin allergies he gave me a couple of acne things that seem to be pretty standard - Differin cream and Minomycin tablets. Neither did very much for me, but I never really had acne as such - just the odd few pimples.

JunkaLunk

I'm using stuff from the derm right now. I'm so mad at myself for waiting so god damn long to see a doctor. BUT IM SO GLAD I DID.

What you get always depends on the severity of your acne. In your case its possible they might put you on antibiotics (e.g. tetracycline, accutane). And maybe some topical treatments. Im on both: Doxycycline (which is a less potent form of tetracycline) and some topical treatments (B.P. and Differin). I had nothing serious, Nothing really on my back or chest but my face would get pretty bad every now and then. I love it though, my skins never been better!