When do ~you~ feel pretty?

gabi1129

*i feel the prettiest when im in a happy mood. Makeup, Clothing and Access. help me feel pretty but arent needed.
*pretty is versatile, it can be a a woman in jeans and a tshirt. a lady in a suit, the MA's at MAC or the little old lady who lives next door.
*pretty and sexy are very similar. i feel that sexy has a little bit of lust mixed in with pretty! [that really doesnt make any sense but idk how else to put it]

kimmy

great topic, shimmy shim.
smiles.gif

there are alot of things that make me feel pretty...my hair styled before the wind knocks it all out of place makes me feel pretty. my eyelashes looking long and thick makes me feel pretty. and then there's certain people who give you those looks that are unexplainable, those looks make me feel pretty too.
greengrin.gif
it makes me happy when my underclothes match too, even though the rest of the world doesn't see it. strappy high heels make me feel pretty. and then there's those days where i just feel brilliant...i know that sounds so concieted but fuck it, sometimes i just have amazing days.

i think "pretty" is different for everyone. i think everyone looks their best differently, for me i think i need makeup to look my best whereas my sister doesn't need a dot of makeup for her to look absolutely amazing. it all just depends on the person.
smiles.gif

and i don't think sexy=pretty at all...there's some girls who are flat out beautiful but not sexy and there's some girls that are straight up sexy who aren't really the prettiest things in the world. i think pretty is a look, while sexy is an attitude.

coachkitten

I feel pretty when I know I have accomplished all I needed to in a day. That could be at work, shopping, paying my bills, being with my friends/family, etc.

I also feel pretty darn sexy when I have taken the time to really do my makeup and hair before work. Watch out world!
smiles.gif

After years of feeling "not pretty" it finally feels good to be content in my own skin.
smiles.gif

user79

Lately I've not been feeling pretty at all, on the contrary. Just have a shitty self esteem at the moment.
ssad.gif

spectrolite

I feel pretty when I have all my bling on! I love my extensive tribal jewellery collection and wear several rings, 4-5 bracelets and a necklace every day.

I also feel pretty when I spray on Jean Paul Gaultier classique and when I'm wearing my "special" Chanel makeup and when I'm dressed to impress with my knee high lace up boots and a sexy skirt.

Lately I've felt really pretty after washing up, and not wearing any makeup at all. I've been feeling pretty just being me.

smiles.gif

redambition

when do i feel pretty? at the moment - not often. my skin has gone bad, i've put on weight, im stressed out. so i feel (and look) like hell.

i think someone can look pretty even in jeans, a t-shirt and trainers. it's not about what they are wearing, but how they wear it.

make up can figure, but it's not necessary. a girl i know at work always looks pretty... yet she rarely wears makeup on a work day.

kuuipo1207

I feel pretty when I catch my husband just looking at me for no reason. I kinda hate it when he does that cause at first I get all self-conscious but then he reassures me that I don't have a booger hanging out of my nose and that he just wants to look at me to look at me. But those are just fleeting moments of gratification due to someone else's actions. I feel prettiest for myself when I'm all done up and ready to go out...after I've taken my time doing my hair and makeup and getting everything just right. I know it's superficial, but there's a feeling that just takes over when my hair is wavey and draped across my shoulders and when my eyes are done just right. And it's in those moments, when my confidence practically sky rockets that I feel sexy. I know I'm not the skinniest girl on the block (hell, I'm not even skinny in the first place), and I know I may not have perfect teeth or perfect little feet. But for that night, there's nothing that anyone can say or do that could knock down my confidence. It might sound conceited (which I'm really not...really...if you could spend a day in my head, you'd tell me I need therapy...but then again, what woman on earth hasn't done that to themselves? Oh wait, Paris Hilton.), but the confidence that I get from being "pretty" makes me feel sexy.
As for the second question, I'd have to agree with the majority in here. I can see someone who looks absolutely beautiful/handsome, but not consider them "sexy". Like Richard Gere, I think he's extremely handsome, and that he's only getting better looking with age...but do I consider him sexy? Not so much. Normally when I see a woman and think of how pretty she is, it's because of her genes. Its after I analyze all that, that I begin to notice her makeup (if wearing any) and how she uses it to her advantage with playing up her features.

Essjica

Totally agree with all of you. The only difference I have is that I have extremely curly hair and I feel prettiest when I have straight hair. Whenever I have straight hair I can feel the jaws drop around me. Just that feeling makes my confidence boost and that's when I feel I'm in "sexy mode". I definitely agree with someone that said that they have to have their undergarments match. I always do that on a night that I need to feel pretty, such as a date with my boyfriend. It's just like "you like what you see now... wait until later". :]

Someone said something like pretty is the way you look but sexy is an attitude (didn't feel like quoting again). Definitely agree with that as well.

I love reading the opinions of this topic. Thanks Shimmer!