Where are the best places to shop for makeup/skincare goodies in NY?

Blushbaby

Hi ladies,

I'm visiting NY in August for the first time (Whooooooo!) and am planning a mege MAC blitz and to get as many beauty bargains as poss.

Which are the main department stores and where are the main shops in NY where I can find all the mai brands?

Also what are the names of popular drugstores over there where I can pick loads of basic beauty/skincare goodies too?

Are there any HG products you all swear by that aren't sold here in London that I need to know about before I get there??

I'm an NC45 with combination skin so any recs would be fantastic.

Oh and where can I find Demeter products?

Thanks in advance x

Blushbaby

Hi ladies,

I'm visiting NY in August for the first time (Whooooooo!) and am planning a mege MAC blitz and to get as many beauty bargains as poss.

Which are the main department stores and where are the main shops in NY where I can find all the mai brands?

Also what are the names of popular drugstores over there where I can pick loads of basic beauty/skincare goodies too?

Are there any HG products you all swear by that aren't sold here in London that I need to know about before I get there??

I'm an NC45 with combination skin so any recs would be fantastic.

Oh and where can I find Demeter products?

Thanks in advance x

Bronxcutie

SEPHORA, SEPHORA, and SEPHORA, lol They sell Demeter fragrance. I'm not sure about the other products. I thought they only made perfume.

The Sephora's I frequent are in Times Square, Columbus Circle, and 34th Street.

Macy's is on 34th Street as well across from Sephora.

Duane Reade and Walgreens are the drugstores with a large cosmetics section. I prefer the Walgreens on Fifth Avenue between 33rd Street and 34th Street and the Duane Reade in Times Square, just a few feet away from Sephora. You will notice that Duane Reade is EVERYWHERE in NYC. I just find that particular location's makeup selection much better than the rest.

Blushbaby

Thank you! Demeter do bath oils and gels aswell I think.

Have typed up the location of the drugstores on my "NY list" - thanks again!

stefania905

Hey you. Where in NY you be visiting?

I just went crazy at Sephora.

yea she's like Duane Reade is EVERYWHERE in NYC.

Bath & Body Works sells Murad skin care & diff brands n such.

Dark_Phoenix

Dan's of New York. It's a really cool store and they have different custom make-up. I know there's one in Great Neck but I'm not sure about Manhattan.

Sephora and Bliss (which carries awesome skincare) are two other great places.

Ernie

Also you must check out a "Rickys". Lots of cool stuff and their own makeup line. If you're in Soho, they are on Broadway between Houston and Prince streets. Here is a link: http://www.rickys-nyc.com
Also a great old apothecary with neat stuff is Bigelows in the village at 6th avenue between 8th and 9th streets. Also Makeup Forever is nearby at 8 East 12th street off 5th avenue. Soho is a good place to start, you have Mac , Sephora, Bloomingdales, Shu Uemura, Rickys, and Face.

MisStarrlight

Sephora, Ricky's, Henri Bendels, MAC, FACE Stockholm, Alcone & Makeup Forever & definitely Macy's Herald Square...

Neighborhoods: SoHo, Flatiron (5th Ave in the 20s) & Upper-Midtown 5th Ave in rich people land (I don't know the official neighborhood name as I rarely go up beyond 23rd st)

Blushbaby

Thanks for all the replies girls. I've saved this thread in my faves!

I'll be staying here in NY http://www.nycsalisbury.com/

I'm SO excited!!!
cheerleader.gif

xiahe

sephora, of course - i usually go to the one in times square. IMO it's biiiiig - but maybe that's because the sephora i have in my area is pretty small lol

Chic 2k6

visit MAC freestanding on Spring Street in SoHo. the MAs in there are the nicest bunch i've met! it's an awesome store

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
visit MAC freestanding on Spring Street in SoHo. the MAs in there are the nicest bunch i've met! it's an awesome store

Thanks for that tip! Will def got o that store to stock up then!!
lol.gif

Beauty Mark

I'd visit the major department stores like Bloomingdale's, Bergdorf's, Saks, etc.

For just hanging out and stuff, my friends and I always go to the Village. We usually cheap food there that's always good.