Where Are They Getting This Stuff From?

smellyocheese

China
Won't believe how many MAC, Chanel, Anna Sui and Lancome I've seen sold at street markets. They still have "Fafi"
greengrin.gif

Those who "swear" that the products are real are probably just very ignorant. Some fake MAC eg. Glitter are hard to tell from the computer screen though until you see the quality of it.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I've been focussing on basically all the palettes that are fake, just going through the ebay UK pages every night and reporting. When I consider that I used to do it with 9 pages of pigments every day, it really doesn't seem all that much.

The really fake palettes are mainly the ones that are about at the moment, but there have also been a couple of the better fakes (i.e. the ones that actually have the colours and styling of genuine mac palettes.) I'd like to be able to check the antiquitease ones too, but I never had the eye for detail required for spotting those fakes.

I have to say, I've been losing patience with the people that continually bid on the obviously fake palettes, but then I think about what it would be like if I got a fake MAC palette for christmas and how terrible it would be.

Lol i know Angi, i would be abs gutted if i have recieved a fake Mac Xmas pressie
ssad.gif
i would have to tell the giver that although it is very,very much appreciated i can't use it as it is fake and my skin is far more important to me than someone feelings getting a little bit hurt.I too have been concentrating on the palettes and Fluidline ...here is some of the ones that i have in my favs and will report after my supper
th_DANCE.gif

karenw1515 fake MAC HELLOKITTY 8 eyeshadow palettes:
Item number:160383614243 in fact all her mac is fake
sam2007_86 - fake Mac 120 eyeshadow palette current bid £60
Item number:250540220247
samsmells -Item number:250540210833, 250540210875,250540618858 the 2 TIER mac makeup sets complete with blush,mascara,shadows and other crap!
macy0505 same as above Item number:120500211883

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Lol i know Angi, i would be abs gutted if i have recieved a fake Mac Xmas pressie
ssad.gif
i would have to tell the giver that although it is very,very much appreciated i can't use it as it is fake and my skin is far more important to me than someone feelings getting a little bit hurt.I too have been concentrating on the palettes and Fluidline ...here is some of the ones that i have in my favs and will report after my supper
th_DANCE.gif

karenw1515 fake MAC HELLOKITTY 8 eyeshadow palettes:
Item number:160383614243 in fact all her mac is fake
sam2007_86 - fake Mac 120 eyeshadow palette current bid £60
Item number:250540220247
samsmells -Item number:250540210833, 250540210875,250540618858 the 2 TIER mac makeup sets complete with blush,mascara,shadows and other crap!
macy0505 same as above Item number:120500211883

That's some scary stuff! Are they getting taken down when you report them?

BellaItalia1969

Hiya Angi,
Some do and some don't ...the 120 eyeshadow palette was reported yesterday morning and the bidding is still on but the other 2 i reported (different sellers)got removed
thmbup.gif

Today all the palettes that i reported ie seller karenw1515 are still running...
thmbdn.gif

BellaItalia1969

Lol i think people sometimes have to take responsibilty for the bids they place !I just looked at samsmells feedback for the fake mac makeup collection set:
MAC MAKE UP SET ALL YOU NEED GREAT PRESSIE FOR THE MRS
nonono.gif

really??im sure the wife will be chuffed with these fake mac!Sold for £40!!
%21Bf9w%21N%21BGk%7E$%28KGrHqUH-DUEsNGN5MiDBLD%28ybIhOw%7E%7E_12.JPG
I don't know if any of you noticed that some sellers of these fake Mac ,also sell fake tiffanny&co jewellery and linksoflondon !
ssad.gif

abbyquack

My sister-in-law was so excited one day to tell me that her friend found a website that sold MAC at wholesale. I tried to tell her it was fake, but she was insistent that it was real, so I kinda just had to throw my hands in the air and let her believe what she wanted to believe. It sucks but I honestly think that to some people, the price overshadows the quality and they don't care if it's real or not.

BellaItalia1969

There you go Abby,i have come across same thing you cannot educate some people.
yes.gif

I was telling a friend of mine that her Mac pigment was fake it actually had a name of Mac single powder eyeshadow *Humid*she didnt listen and said she got a "bargain"
thmbdn.gif

One seller caught my eye 1988kasia ,she sells truckloads of fake Mac palettes £120 ???Item number:170414393933

and fake Mac pigments which she describes "FAMOUS BRAND"
anyway reported and so many already bought her c*ap!Paid lots of money for it too i wonder sometimes ....
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

ms. kendra

Thanks everyone your your responses. The least we can do is educate people we know and try to prevent them from buying fakes. Ultimately it is their choice if they want to buy fake cosmetics.

SmokeSignal16

Man I so wish I had this thread, much less this site before I bought a set of 54 pigments from ebay and their all fake :/ Of course I didn't discover this site till 2 months later. It sucks when you drop $300 on it and it's fake but I have my lesson learned!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Man I so wish I had this thread, much less this site before I bought a set of 54 pigments from ebay and their all fake :/ Of course I didn't discover this site till 2 months later. It sucks when you drop $300 on it and it's fake but I have my lesson learned!

oh man that's bad
thmbdn.gif
i feel for you i would have been gutted
ssad.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. kendra
Thanks everyone your your responses. The least we can do is educate people we know and try to prevent them from buying fakes. Ultimately it is their choice if they want to buy fake cosmetics.

Ms.Kendra,i agree with you and may i say what purty hair you have...is it naturally wavy?
mac_addict.gif

angi

Quote:
yes.gif

I was telling a friend of mine that her Mac pigment was fake it actually had a name of Mac single powder eyeshadow *Humid*she didnt listen and said she got a "bargain"
thmbdn.gif

One seller caught my eye 1988kasia ,she sells truckloads of fake Mac palettes £120 ???Item number:170414393933

anyway reported and so many already bought her c*ap!Paid lots of money for it too i wonder sometimes ....
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

Seller currently has no items for sale
yes.gif
. YAY! Been through and done the palettes again today. I always select report multiple items from each seller, just so I can check and if they do have any other fakes I can report them too.

There's no easy way to solve the counterfeit problem, ultimately, we just need to keep sharing the knowledge. Until MAC decide that they care enough about the brand to attempt to protect it, we'll just have to keep on making the small gestures of reporting items when we can.

Some of these palettes look very much like the sleek palettes though don't they?

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16

Ouch! That's exactly why I was so ticked when I found that big lot of fake pigments a couple weeks back, it was getting up there and if that buyer found out they were fake, they probably would've felt like a complete fool, but the seller made it a private auction and hid all the bidder names.
angry.gif

SmokeSignal16

Yeah thats exactly what mine was like! This seller whose name I will never forget dosh1911 (I'm pretty certain thats it) had those lots of 50 pigments but it was a buy it now option but the buyers were secret and someone had got one and me being a dumbarse and didnt think any better so I dropped $325 on it and that was getting it to a lower price! Of course the ones I have almost look identical to MAC is the scary part, I compared it to my Softwash Grey I bought back in 06 (I think) from the store and there are just hardly any differences except theres no names on the jars and the boxes look off.

ms. kendra

Quote:
Ms.Kendra,i agree with you and may i say what purty hair you have...is it naturally wavy?
mac_addict.gif

That's not my picture...lol. It's a singer named Cassie.

Kragey

Quote:
yes.gif

thmbdn.gif

ssad.gif
ssad.gif

I am trying REALLY hard not to life at this, because I knew right away that most of these are the cheap-o Amuse palettes, which sell for, like, $5 tops at places like CherryCulture.com.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Seller currently has no items for sale
yes.gif
. YAY! Been through and done the palettes again today. I always select report multiple items from each seller, just so I can check and if they do have any other fakes I can report them too.

There's no easy way to solve the counterfeit problem, ultimately, we just need to keep sharing the knowledge. Until MAC decide that they care enough about the brand to attempt to protect it, we'll just have to keep on making the small gestures of reporting items when we can.

Some of these palettes look very much like the sleek palettes though don't they?

Hiya Angi ,<sigh> yes these palettes do look like the sleek ones...i too have been concentrating on the 120/88 fake mac eyeshadow palettes.Thankfully most have been removed although this seller was reported last night, she relisted same offending palette again:number;250544711396,sam2007_86 with these meaningless words which suppose to support her believe that item is AUTHENTIC MAC!
th_confused_new.gif

"
THIS IS A GENUINE MAC EYESHADOW PALLETE
THIS IS CLEARLY VISIBLE FROM THE PICTURES AND IS NOT A FAKE!!
THERE ARE 120 ASSORTED COLOURS
SHIMMER, MATT AND TWO-TONE ARE CONTAINED WITHIN

THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY LISTED BUT WAS WRONGLY REMOVED FROM EBAY AS THEY WHERE CONCERNED THAT IT WAS NOT A GENUINE MAC PRODUCT.
I HAVE PUT UP ACTUAL PHOTOS OF THE PRODUCT NOW SO WHAT YOU SEE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL GET.
AND WHAT YOU WILL GET IS A MAC EYESHADOW PALLETE WITH 120 DIFFERENT COLOURS!
I AM VERY SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED TO THOSE WHO BIDDED ON MY ITEM BEFORE
AGAIN THIS IS NOT A FAKE BUT THE REAL DEAL!!!
THIS IS PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP BY MAC COSMETICS!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL POST USING RECORDED DELIVERY WITHIN THE UK
WILL POST WORLD-WIDE
THANKYOU AND HAPPY BIDDING!!

!BhBScvw!2k~$(KGrHqYOKiIErzOrLkiOBLHWWF(pdQ~~_12.JPG

Attention all buyers this palette has etched the words Professional makeup so it must be authentic!!

Item number:250544711396

manderz86

^^
& they're bidding again. Which reminds me, the other day I came across a beauty blogger talking about some MAC cream eyeshadow palettes she got off ebay, & when her readers pointed out that they were fake, she said she didn't mind as they were "excellent quality" & didn't irritate her skin. She did warn readers to be more cautious, but then she carried on raving about how great they were :S

Eleentje

Quote:
"
THIS IS A GENUINE MAC EYESHADOW PALLETE
THIS IS CLEARLY VISIBLE FROM THE PICTURES AND IS NOT A FAKE!!
THERE ARE 120 ASSORTED COLOURS
SHIMMER, MATT AND TWO-TONE ARE CONTAINED WITHIN

THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY LISTED BUT WAS WRONGLY REMOVED FROM EBAY AS THEY WHERE CONCERNED THAT IT WAS NOT A GENUINE MAC PRODUCT.
I HAVE PUT UP ACTUAL PHOTOS OF THE PRODUCT NOW SO WHAT YOU SEE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL GET.
AND WHAT YOU WILL GET IS A MAC EYESHADOW PALLETE WITH 120 DIFFERENT COLOURS!
I AM VERY SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED TO THOSE WHO BIDDED ON MY ITEM BEFORE
AGAIN THIS IS NOT A FAKE BUT THE REAL DEAL!!!
THIS IS PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP BY MAC COSMETICS!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL POST USING RECORDED DELIVERY WITHIN THE UK
WILL POST WORLD-WIDE
THANKYOU AND HAPPY BIDDING!!

th_wallbash.gif