where do you get mu experience?

fairytale22

So...for everyone who knows about this stuff-if you want to be a makeup artist for MAC, what kind of experience do you have? What should your portfolio look like-should there be professional pictures, etc.? Where do you get makeup/retail experience? Should you have gone to a cosmetology school?

bella dee

yyea you have to go to cosmetology school to work for mac, its a MUST. Trust me i went in there asking the same thing and she said that I had to get my lisence first, get som practice and then come back in. hope this helped!

Janice

It's not a formal nessecity to have a cosmetology license to work @ MAC.

If you don't have much formal experience, but love and are knowledgeable about the product try applying at a department store counter. You have the best chance at one of those.

If you don't get a FT or PT position, apply as a freelancer and wait for an opening. HTHS

fairytale22

Sorry about being so new to this, but what's FT and PT and what's the difference between those and freelance?

bella dee - license? Can you explain this to me?

Thanks both of you for replying.
greengrin.gif

Kristen

FT = full time.. i think that's 30-40 hours a week
PT = part time.. i think that's .. 12-20 hours a week
freelance = when MAC is having an event they sometimes need extra MA's to demo for people, give makeovers.. etc

fairytale22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
FT = full time.. i think that's 30-40 hours a week
PT = part time.. i think that's .. 12-20 hours a week
freelance = when MAC is having an event they sometimes need extra MA's to demo for people, give makeovers.. etc

Which is the hardest job to get?