Where to buy legitimate MAC online...please help!

tragic137

I'm sure that somewhere on here, there is already a post like this, however I haven't been able to find it yet
newhere.gif

So please post links to the correct threads if need be...
My problem is, there are ABSOLUTELY NO MAC retailers anywhere near me,
cry.gif
so I was wondering where are some legit places I can buy from online?? I'm so scared to buy after having read so many things regarding fake MAC products. I know about ACW but they have such limited selection. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
yahoo.gif
Thanks!!!

ThePowderPuff

MAC really doesn't let anyone other than themselves sell their products. So the choice is limited to MACs own webpages and big american department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom. But they don't send outside the US. I live in Denmark and there is no were else I can buy MAC online other than trusted Ebay sellers and here on Specktra. So if you - like me - don't live in the states and you don't live in a country that has it's own MAC webshop, then there really is no place as far as I know.

1165Cheryl

If your in the US and looking for full size items I'd buy directly from MAC Cosmetics or Nordstroms & macys's, they all will ship to you. Please read ACW thread here before buying, wherever you buy from do a search and read their feedback. If your looking for samples there are a few good ones, me being one of them, lol. If they are a big time seller and have a lot of stock ask to see their MAC receipts, I always offer to show mine to my buyers. If the item is a regularly stocked MAC item then I'd buy direct if you can. Try and stay away from ebay, even 100% feedback sellers there are selling fakes. Then people who have their own web domain have it easy cause they dont have a feedback process/page.

tragic137

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
If your in the US and looking for full size items I'd buy directly from MAC Cosmetics or Nordstroms & macys's, they all will ship to you. Please read ACW thread here before buying, wherever you buy from do a search and read their feedback. If your looking for samples there are a few good ones, me being one of them, lol. If they are a big time seller and have a lot of stock ask to see their MAC receipts, I always offer to show mine to my buyers. If the item is a regularly stocked MAC item then I'd buy direct if you can. Try and stay away from ebay, even 100% feedback sellers there are selling fakes. Then people who have their own web domain have it easy cause they dont have a feedback process/page.

I'm totally afraid of ebay or just misc. sites, I'm always so worried about getting a fake! I don't have priveleges to visit your sale, but I can access your store, so I'll most definately check it out! I would really like to get some pigment samples
smiles.gif
Thanks!

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Two more and both lovely ladies whom I trust implcitly ~

Cocktail Cosmetics

LoveMakeup

Katjamo ~ you are EU and both these ladies are UK - this should help you a little
winks.gif

I agree with panda, LoveMakeUp is great. Just bought there a few days ago, shipping fees are ok and shipping time to germany did only take about 4-5 days. Should also be that way for other EU countries.

MacNlaw

1165cheryl (Cheryls Shiny Eyes) is great and you can completely trust her & she also ships internationally. Her Pigment collection is huge as are her samples and her shipping is very fast.

I totally agree with what she said, if your not looking for pigment or glitter samples but a full size item buy direct if you can. I've been burned in forums, on Ebay, ect... If you can't buy direct & if it's not pigment samples I'd send a message to 1165Cheryl and Panda0410 since they both know some good and trustworthy sellers in their countries.

hyazinth

Me again
winks.gif
I also can recommend wc-racer on ebay Meine eBay Welt - wc-racer Her items might not be cheap but my package arrived just yesterday and all was fine. Also she has posted a great guide about spotting fakes that information is consistent with the things said in this forum.
And also rock-the-catwalk.com is great. I think this is the shop of a member here...

panda0410

rock the catwalk is a member here
smiles.gif
you might want to read the threads regarding the other seller before you make more purchases. Her counterfeit guides are outdated and in some cases actually incorrect.

hyazinth

Quote:
rock the catwalk is a member here
smiles.gif
you might want to read the threads regarding the other seller before you make more purchases. Her counterfeit guides are outdated and in some cases actually incorrect.

Oh, really sorry did not want to spread wrong information. So sorry again.
ssad.gif

panda0410

No need to apologise, people just need to research their sellers first. There are lengthy threads on here regarding that seller, many people received counterfeits from her and when things go wrong with that particular seller it can be rather unpleasant.
I prefer to deal with people who are amicable in the event that things go pear shaped, yours sellers reputation isnt just based on them selling authentic goods, they need to be approachable in the event that a a problem occurs as well.

hyazinth

Quote:
No need to apologise, people just need to research their sellers first. There are lengthy threads on here regarding that seller, many people received counterfeits from her and when things go wrong with that particular seller it can be rather unpleasant.
I prefer to deal with people who are amicable in the event that things go pear shaped, yours sellers reputation isnt just based on them selling authentic goods, they need to be approachable in the event that a a problem occurs as well.

Right, research does help indeed. I looked at the things that were said about her in the favourite ebay seller/mua thread...however I did not find the posts about her beeing unwilling to solve a problem. But I will keep that in mind and be more careful. Perhaps I would not have bought from her, if I knew before
shockt.gif
. Although luckily everything was ok this time. I totally agree with you that dealing with people that are capable of handling occuring problems well is much better.

panda0410

Do a search, the were more than a few members involved.

Some sellers are only good til something goes wrong, I have a seller that I have been buying from on and off for a few years (fragrance), and everything was fine until now - now she sent me a faulty item she doesnt want to know, she was downright revoulting actually and I am still fighting for my refund since January! I wont ever purchase from her again, its the way a seller responds to a complaint that really determines their true character AFAIC.

jess126xo

wow they both have great prices ! are they truly legit ?? i love MAC but not enough to buy something fake.. if they are thanks soo much for this post !!