Would you Pay 1,200 for a full set of MSF's?

lsperry

Re: Would you Pay 12000 for a full set of MSF's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
Truth is though you could buy most of the those MSFs from other Specktra members and it would total less than half the price.

I was thinking the same thing....

rbella

I don't even like some of those colors. And $67 each, not including shipping, I don't think so. Drop a zero and I might think about it.

panther27

I'm sorry,but only a moron!And also,I just noticed that the listing was removed
thmbup.gif

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
Is Paris Hilton shopping eBay for MAC again?
cutey.gif

Bwhahahaha
th_roll1.gif

melliquor

I paid for all 18 of mine about £$480 plus have 2 backups. I would never pay that much.

MacPinkFlamingo

I must say that, although I have never dropped that much cash at one MAC buying frenzy, I have a strict rule about judging the lengths people will go to for their hobby/entertainment/collections. Only because I have had the, "Oh-my-God-no-you-didn't-spend-$200-on-a-silly-MAC-makeup-traincase" conversation more than once!!! I hate it when someone acts as though the way they spend their disposable income is somehow superior to mine. No I don't globe trot or eat at restaurants everyday. I SAVE MY MONEY FOR WHAT BRINGS ME JOY--
yahoo.gif
MAC
yahoo.gif
! If I wanted those MSFs, I would buy them. How much I paid for them would depend on how badly I wanted them, how soon I wanted them, and how many days I am willing to eat an all Ramen Noodle diet. If I have to have another conversation with someone, anyone, that includes their oh-so-subtle description of how the price of MAC makeup is simply outrageous when compared to Cover Girl...I may actually burst into flames
angry.gif
. Of course, Cover Girl costs less!
WTF2.gif
I do not need someone to explain to me (in the same tone and manner that adults speak to toddlers in) that I pay more for MAC than they pay at CVS. In situations like this, my favorite reply is to lay out in grand detail, not only how much MAC costs, but the incomprehensible truth that for certain limited edition/discontinued items I have actually paid MORE than the retail price. I am always amused at the shocked looks of indignation I receive...In a world full of poverty, injustice, and minority marginalization, there are people actually willing to take the time to care about the cost and propriety of my collection of makeup.
huh2.gif
I don't get it. I could not care less about what other people do with their spare pennies. Having said this, I mean no disrespect to those responding to this eBay listing with disbelief. In fact, it is pretty sad what eBay
ebay.gif
can do to the unsuspecting MAC collector. For the record, I would not pay that much for MSFs. But only because I have my own list of coveted items that take priority when I have money for makeup. Anyway, $1200 seems more than steep to me but I truly cannot say that I would never drop that kind of cash (hypothetically speaking...never had that kind of money to drop) on something my heart truly desired. Further, I must plead the 5th if this discussion of money spent includes how much my current collection cost...yeah, me=glad we are not even touching that one here!
tong.gif

Divinity

No f'ing way...as it is it has been removed...crazy

Kayteuk

It should be being re listed soon for anyone interested in buying. I spoke to the seller the other day =)

sigwing

People & their priorities......

amazing how they have fun throwing money at makeup, etc., then complain about the price of gas or end up part of the foreclosure crisis.

I guess it's not an issue tho if you aren't responsible for any of your bills & just spend on yourself all month....might be nice to be able to try that for a while myself if I didn't have to work for a living. $1200 is a little less than three house payments for me, or three car payments, and since I have a bunch of msf's that I hardly ever use, it would be grounds for having me examined by a group of doctors in white coats.

clwkerric

No way! Absolutely not a chance. There are so many other face products MAC has to just focus on one!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
I think it was removed b/c some of them had been used ... thats against ebay policy ....

It was almost certainly reported for being used since AU ebay rarely check listings, even though its against policy to list used items. They are too lazy to check listings, you have no idea what is listed here that is never removed...

kimmy

i would say holy fucking hell...but srsly, i know for a fact my mac collection is worth over a thousand dollars, so i don't really have any room to talk. if somebody wants to spend their money that way, that's on them. i personally wouldn't buy THAT lot simply because i'm not that big a fan of msfs...i have the ones i need and i probably won't be getting anymore because they just don't get much use from me...

xxManBeaterxx

Holy hell. I cant afford that. If i had no morgage, car payment, insurance, gas, student loan bills, and i was making like 6 figures then MAYBE if i loved mac that much..

but Hmm.. helllll nooooo would i get that, thats like a trip to europe for 2!

hooked*on*mac

i wouldnt pay that price! you can buy a lot of MAC for 1200.00

i think that the seller is asking a bit to much, lol if they are worth that much i think i might cash my set in lmao

if mac would only re-release all of these MSF on a regular basis then sellers wouldnt be able to put outrageous prices on them...... personally i am offended that they want so much money for them, its not like they are cased in 24 ct gold!

i am looking forward to petticoat and so ceylon making their come back!!!!!