Yay!

ImMACnificent

=X Well she wrote me back and said she is gonna have a friend help her with it instead.

Sounds like she just doesnt wanna pay me or something. I was really excited to do it, maybe she thought I was just gonna do it for free.

Oh well.

MzzRach

I'm sorry this did not work out, but honestly, I feel like she was totally taking advantage of you. $20 for you to drive an hour and do a full makeup? That's basically just covering your travel and that's about it.

You'll have other opportunities where people will be glad to pay you for your time and creativity.
winkiss.gif

ImMACnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I'm sorry this did not work out, but honestly, I feel like she was totally taking advantage of you. $20 for you to drive an hour and do a full makeup? That's basically just covering your travel and that's about it.

You'll have other opportunities where people will be glad to pay you for your time and creativity.
winkiss.gif

You are so right, hun. Thank you for that.

At first it made ME feel like shit because I was like, "wow is that wrong of me?" But then I realized that she is just one of those people that doesn't like to pay for stuff, hence her getting her HAIR for free, too. I mean I work with her mom, I KNOW they are not THAT broke. If it was like a family that I KNEW had VERY little or was struggling hardcore, I would have never thought twice about doing it for free. I just would, because I would have felt bad. But I know they are decently well off. PLUS, the daughter has a job, so 20 bucks is nothing.

I hope to get more opportunities to do this in the future without getting taken advantage of like you said!