YSL babydoll kiss & blush

laralara

Hi there,

I hope this thread hasn't already been started but I was wondering if anyone has tried the YSL kiss and blush products yet?? I am REALLY interested in the no.12 mocha garconne but can't seem to find much information about these. I have already seen 2 u tube reviews on these, saying how amazing the formulas are. Now I am just after a better swatch of the colour because these are not out when I live yet.
Thanks
flower.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Great idea to give these their own thread! They haven't come out here yet either, but I think that the launch is April 15 in a lot of places. Once that rolls around we should start seeing more swatches. I'm dying to try the formula myself!

sungelly87

I have two and love it. Really easy to throw in your purse for touch ups. As a blush it really lasts long. Satin finish. And as a lipstick its a satin, not too drying. I have no. 5 and no. 10

busybee

I think they've been talking about it in the YSL discussion thread, but I don't see any harm in discussing it here. I've seen nothing but rave reviews so far and may have to check it out.

laralara

Great idea to give these their own thread! They haven't come out here yet either, but I think that the launch is April 15 in a lot of places. Once that rolls around we should start seeing more swatches. I'm dying to try the formula myself!
Ahh thanks for letting me know, yep I thought that was the reason why no reviews were out yet. I will wait patiently
whistle.gif

Medgal07

There is what appears to be a general YSL discussion thread, nevertheless, I think I have been a cheerleader for this product in every thread where I've had the opportunity to talk about it. By golly I'm wearing Orange Fougueux 04 this very moment. I LOVE THESE!!!!

girlhaha.gif

http://www.specktra.net/t/177730/ysl-discussion-thread/840

Medgal07

I just got this one today!
cheerleader.gif
I was so happy to see my Nordstroms finally has them in stock. I used my Nordstroms notes and got it half off! Of course, orange is the priority, but I am going back for that deep red and there's a rosy brown type color that I need. I love this little product.
th_thstars.gif
I'm glad someone else has seen the light where this product is concerned. I hope you love it! The applicator and the formula totally blow my mind----simplistic yet revolutionary concept in the way the applicator grabs & holds the product; the formula, weightless in terms of the way that it feels on my lips, but to look at them there's a flawless colorful pout---today, in orange!

I'm awaiting arrival of my 4th one--the burgundy one, Prune Impertinente. That one accidentally landed in my cart while I was ordering the Chanel foundation that you insisted I need to have NOW (at least that's what I told hubs---he's still asking who's Shontay?). I'm not done yet. I'd like a lighter pink one and the one that you described that sounds like the nude one.

One other point---because of the packaging it's a real conversation piece. Imagine being out to dinner w/girl friends. Dinner is over and you decide to whip out this thing that looks exactly like a bottle of nail polish. Your friends think you've flipped your lid because they think you're putting nail polish on your lips. This is what amuses old people me these days.
lol.gif

Medgal07

I have two and love it. Really easy to throw in your purse for touch ups. As a blush it really lasts long. Satin finish. And as a lipstick its a satin, not too drying. I have no. 5 and no. 10
I'm expecting my 4th* one this week. I can't get enough of this product!! I have:

Fuchsia Desinvolte (Hot Pink) 01
Orange Fougueux (Orange) 04
Prune Impertinente (Burgundy)* 11
Rouge Libertine (Red) 06

Medgal07

Finally! My forth, but not necessarily my last Kiss & blush arrived today along with the new Chanel Foundation Perfection Lumiére Velvet:
I was a tad skeptical at first because Prune Impertinente appear lighter in the bottle than I had hoped, but once I swatched it, I was quite happy.

Prune Impertinente (Burgundy)* 11; Orange Fougueux (Orange) 04; Fuchsia Desinvolte (Hot Pink) 01; Rouge Libertine (Red) 06

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful, Medgal, enjoy!
After looking at all the swatches that are available I've decided that I'm going to skip for now. They don't really have the kind of shade I'm looking for, which would be a pinky nude. Maybe they'll come out with some LE ones in upcoming collections.

Dominique33

[COLOR=0000FF]Finally!  My forth, but not necessarily my last Kiss & blush arrived today along with the new Chanel Foundation Perfection Lumiére Velvet:[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]I was a tad skeptical at first because Prune Impertinente appear lighter in the bottle than I had hoped, but once I swatched it, I was quite happy.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Prune Impertinente[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] (Burgundy)* 11; [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Orange Fougueux[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] (Orange) 04;  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Fuchsia Desinvolte[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] (Hot Pink) 01; [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]Rouge Libertine[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] (Red) 06[/COLOR]
Great ! What gorgeous and vibrant colours ! I think I will pick up just one but all shades are worth the splurge ;)

Medgal07

Beautiful, Medgal, enjoy!
After looking at all the swatches that are available I've decided that I'm going to skip for now. They don't really have the kind of shade I'm looking for, which would be a pinky nude. Maybe they'll come out with some LE ones in upcoming collections.
Thanks Naynadine
bouquet.gif

Oh I have my eye on one that I think might be a pinky nude. I'll have to check it by number & see if you think it is too.

laralara

Finally! My forth, but not necessarily my last Kiss & blush arrived today along with the new Chanel Foundation Perfection Lumiére Velvet:
I was a tad skeptical at first because Prune Impertinente appear lighter in the bottle than I had hoped, but once I swatched it, I was quite happy.

Prune Impertinente (Burgundy)* 11; Orange Fougueux (Orange) 04; Fuchsia Desinvolte (Hot Pink) 01; Rouge Libertine (Red) 06
Oh my, the swatches are fab!! I like all of them. Thanks for sharing
bouquet.gif

As for me...I don't even know when they will be available in Australia. Yesterday I rang two ysl counters, the first lady said they will be available 'next year' and the second lady asked me how I knew before her. After yesterday's drama with the ysl counters here, I think I will just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Medgal07

Oh my, the swatches are fab!! I like all of them. Thanks for sharing
bouquet.gif

As for me...I don't even know when they will be available in Australia. Yesterday I rang two ysl counters, the first lady said they will be available 'next year' and the second lady asked me how I knew before her. After yesterday's drama with the ysl counters here, I think I will just have to keep my eyes peeled.
Thank you Laralara!
OMG! Next year? The only rationale that I can think of for that is to see how well they sell here in the states.
th_dunno.gif

Medgal07

Naynadine,
Here's one that looks like it might be a pinky-nude, # 12 Moca Garconne

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/yves-saint-laurent-babydoll-kiss-blush-nordstrom-exclusive/3704053?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60162154&fashionColor=&resultback=150&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

# 10, Nude Insolent looks a bit mauve to me.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/yves-saint-laurent-babydoll-kiss-blush-nordstrom-exclusive/3704053?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60162154&fashionColor=&resultback=150&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

laralara

Thank you Laralara!
OMG! Next year? The only rationale that I can think of for that is to see how well they sell here in the states.
th_dunno.gif
I think the lady was just saying anything ( I don't think she knew about the product to be honest), I doubt we will have to wait that long. I guess I will just lust over them until they finally arrive. I want #12 mocha garcone sooooo bad. It reminds me of the max factor longwear lippie colours that were like a nudey/mauve/brown. Very 90's!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Naynadine,
Here's one that looks like it might be a pinky-nude, # 12 Moca Garconne

# 10, Nude Insolent looks a bit mauve to me.

Thank you, Medgal!
They look great in the promo pics. I've looked up swatches and both seem very brown, unfortunately :/ Not sure how that would look on me.

Medgal07

Thank you, Medgal!
They look great in the promo pics. I've looked up swatches and both seem very brown, unfortunately :/ Not sure how that would look on me.
My pleasure, Naynadine.
Yes, it's a tough call to make by just swatches. If I get one in the future I'll let you know
bouquet.gif