zomg, what?! a FOTD?!

xiahe

hello there! i've been a member of specktra for a looooong time now and since then i posted 1 EOTD which were purples...and that was also a long time ago. i've refrained from posting FOTDs, mainly b/c i feel so...mediocre in skill compared to all of you talented ladies (& gents!)
greengrin.gif
and also because i think my camera really washes me out. today (or tonight, rather) is decent but other times my camera makes me look horrible. i'm using a nikon coolpix 5200 (5.1 megapixels) just in case anyone else is using one out there (and maybe you can help me figure out how to use the settings correctly!)

anyways, it's pretty simple this time...(clickable thumbnails!)

what i used
covergirl shimmering sands trio (middle shade on the lid, darker shade in the crease and lighter shade to highlight, not like you can really tell anyway
lol.gif
)
NYC black eyeliner pencil
maybelline lash discovery mascara
carmex strawberry lip balm

excuse my messy brows.

THIS looks terrible, it looks unblended and...dull! it was soooo much prettier in person!

any CC or anything like that would be greatly appreciated! thanks for looking!
wavey.gif

astronaut

Maybe because it's your mail account and we don't have access to that. Just upload it to imageshack.us or photobucket.com.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Maybe because it's your mail account and we don't have access to that. Just upload it to imageshack.us or photobucket.com.

yeah i realized that at the last minute lol the images have been fixed
smiles.gif

heeltohaunch

Pretty look! I go through the same thing with my camera too, but try twiddling around and experimenting with lighting and functions and usually you'll find a setting that works for you
smiles.gif
I remember seeing a great tutorial on taking photos of makeup on www.temptalia.com, maybe that can help too!