MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

abbyquack

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Is it sad that I might want Henna just for the name?? :p

CantAffordMAC

Omg can someone please help me? LoL I keep getting confused with what to get! Im going to name all the ones Im iffy about, and if someone could please either give me a yes I need it, or NO skip it....Id be very grateful!
heart.gif

Maybes:
Marquise D and Blow Dry (are they similar to each other. Would I need to get both? Are they too sheer for pigmented lips?)
B-Babe (is this a frosty mess?)
All's fair (is this a pretty color? Do I need it?)
Soft wave (Is this a frosty golden mess? I have 1n lipglass...is this similar?)
Live and dye-(is this necessary if I have a bunch of light pinks?)
Flip (I tried on Evening Aura before and it didnt show up on my cornbread, NW35 skin....does this have better payoff?)
French Cuff (Is this a sucky lustre...all swatches I see are lovely...erine said it was a good lustre?)
Pin Curl (im being drawn to this at the last minute do I need it????)

Should I get Brunette MSF for those hot summer days?
lol.gif

TIA

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack

Nope because thats why I want it. Id rather get Henna and say "Im wearing henna on my eyes" then get Sumptuous Olive and say that long name! Plus I want Pincurl for the name...oh Geez I hated doing pincurls in school!
thmbdn.gif

blackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack

No! I want the entire Blonde category just because I'm blonde!
yes.gif

blackrose

I love all the names for these! It reminds me of a 50s/60s beauty shop themed bar I go to, "Beauty Bar"...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Omg can someone please help me? LoL I keep getting confused with what to get! Im going to name all the ones Im iffy about, and if someone could please either give me a yes I need it, or NO skip it....Id be very grateful!
heart.gif

Maybes:
Marquise D and Blow Dry (are they similar to each other. Would I need to get both? Are they too sheer for pigmented lips?)
B-Babe (is this a frosty mess?)
All's fair (is this a pretty color? Do I need it?)
Soft wave (Is this a frosty golden mess? I have 1n lipglass...is this similar?)
Live and dye-(is this necessary if I have a bunch of light pinks?)
Flip (I tried on Evening Aura before and it didnt show up on my cornbread, NW35 skin....does this have better payoff?)
French Cuff (Is this a sucky lustre...all swatches I see are lovely...erine said it was a good lustre?)
Pin Curl (im being drawn to this at the last minute do I need it????)

Should I get Brunette MSF for those hot summer days?
lol.gif

TIA

Girl I promise you...you need to try everything on yourself...No colors are going to look the same on two different skin complexions....Your lips may be more pigmented...skin warmer etc....If I had listened to all the personal reviews here there are colors I would have totally missed out on and been so pissed after not getting them.... Just take your time and go in and evaluate all the colors...There are quite a few hit and miss and some that are totally great

elegant-one

hey - there's new BBR swatches on lips on the site that cannot be named!

bellalune

Ok so I bought my stuff this morning but couldnt get to a computer until now:

So I got:

MSF's
Brunette (because I am one and LOVE IT)
th_wiggle2.gif

Redhead (so beautifully glowy)
Blonde (uhmm I dont know how I feel about this yet)

Lipsticks
Marquise D'
love.gif

Blow Dry
All's FAir

Lipglass
Live and Dye
love.gif
love.gif

Peroxide
love.gif

Quick Tease
Soft Wave

Eyeshadow
Pincurl
Top Knot
100 Strokes

Brushes

Ughhh ....a whopping $225.
thud.gif
(no worries though. I intended on spending almost 300. And Thank goodness for B2M (18 empties!)

BTW - I work as Psychologist in NY and I what I SHOULD be doing is self treating for addictive mac behaviors.

I really bugdeted to get almost everything in this collection but when I viewed it in person I felt really restrained and nothing how I felt during COC.

Nonetheless I am super excited about what I got I guess I am just trying to say that I didnt feel I needed EVERY item as I did with COC.

Kiwiberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Girl I promise you...you need to try everything on yourself...No colors are going to look the same on two different skin complexions....Your lips may be more pigmented...skin warmer etc....If I had listened to all the personal reviews here there are colors I would have totally missed out on and been so pissed after not getting them.... Just take your time and go in and evaluate all the colors...There are quite a few hit and miss and some that are totally great

iagree.gif

(but, yes B-babe is a frosty mess imo)

blackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
hey - there's new BBR swatches on lips on the site that cannot be named!

Why can't it be named? (confused.)

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
iagree.gif

(but, yes B-babe is a frosty mess imo)

Oh yeah I second that!!
th_LMAO.gif
But others may not think as we do....

CantAffordMAC

Quote:

yeah but Im ordering online. I dont think I have a choice of going into the store, I wouldnt be able to make it until Sunday, and its a maybe..

I guess Ill just order everything I want if u guys arent gonna help me!Geez TISH what have I ever asked u for?!? Thanks a lot
cutey.gif
th_hug.gif

I can always sell it on here.

abbyquack

Quote:
Nope because thats why I want it. Id rather get Henna and say "Im wearing henna on my eyes" then get Sumptuous Olive and say that long name! Plus I want Pincurl for the name...oh Geez I hated doing pincurls in school!
thmbdn.gif

ha ha ha I totally had no idea what a pincurl was until like 2 days ago when in my makeup class we had to demonstrate wig application. I hate wigs they're so gross and I am horrible at anything to do with hair!
smiles.gif
But I love that name too!

MaryJane

I've got mixed feelings about this collection....

The eyeshadows are easily dupable and on several the texture was very chalky. I got Henna (b/c I don't have Sumptuous Olive) and Pincurl.

As many have said, the lipsticks are sheer and may not have good payoff. I have almost no pigment on my lips so everything shows up on me. I'm thinking about returning Chignon....it may be too dark for me (NW15-20).

A few of the glosses are sheer, but I like that b/c they can be applied over alot of colors.

The brunette MSF was waay too dark for me...darker than So Ceylon. I got blonde and redhead. If blonde looks too similar to Light Flush, it may go back.

The brushes were nice but I spent so much on the cosmetics I decided to pass on this. If I exchange anything, I'll get a brush.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose
Why can't it be named? (confused.)

Because its just too Tempting.....

CantAffordMAC

I got an Essence of Beauty crease brush duo at CVS...

eob.jpg

Is the brush on top similar at all to the 226?

Moxy

Quote:
Because its just too Tempting.....

I think they're a bunch of
g035.gif

angelic.gif
lol.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
I've got mixed feelings about this collection....

The eyeshadows are easily dupable and on several the texture was very chalky. I got Henna (b/c I don't have Sumptuous Olive) and Pincurl.

As many have said, the lipsticks are sheer and may not have good payoff. I have almost no pigment on my lips so everything shows up on me. I'm thinking about returning Chignon....it may be too dark for me (NW15-20).

A few of the glosses are sheer, but I like that b/c they can be applied over alot of colors.

The brunette MSF was waay too dark for me...darker than So Ceylon. I got blonde and redhead. If blonde looks too similar to Light Flush, it may go back.

The brushes were nice but I spent so much on the cosmetics I decided to pass on this. If I exchange anything, I'll get a brush.

I agree I spent my money on the brushes...a long time investment...the rest was B2M ...except for 1 MSF ...I went in with a $100 linit and spent @ $113 so I was closer than I thought I would be

TISH1124

Quote:
I got an Essence of Beauty crease brush duo at CVS...

eob.jpg

Is the brush on top similar at all to the 226?

I would love to tell you yess but nope did you see the ones in the swatch thread?

CantAffordMAC

What bugs me about the lipsticks is: People keepm saying "Oh they are so sheer, so sheer" Yet...most of my lipsticks are lustres or glazes and I usually dont have a problem with the pigmentation on my lips. Sometimes I have to erase my own lip color a bit with fleshpot before I use a lipstick, but hey it works. Lustres such as 2n and 3n work just fine on my lips...

I really only have one shot at ordering this collection. I guess Ill have to order everything I think Ill like, and hope that it works out for me!