MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

Kiwiberries

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Ugh you guys make me want the 214.. but I just dont know if I can do it when I can grab the Sephora dupe for half the price

P188209_hero.jpg

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Girl I promise you...you need to try everything on yourself...No colors are going to look the same on two different skin complexions....Your lips may be more pigmented...skin warmer etc....If I had listened to all the personal reviews here there are colors I would have totally missed out on and been so pissed after not getting them.... Just take your time and go in and evaluate all the colors...There are quite a few hit and miss and some that are totally great

GIRL you are TORTURING me. We have no MAC near me at all so I am at the mercy of everyone's photos and swatches and opinions- it is horrible. I wish I could try everything on first- it would save me TONS Of stress.

It costs so much to send the stuff back and to exchange stuff is all gone anyway by the time they get it. IT is really awful.
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

blindpassion

Okay! I just went to the store! I bought all three MSFs (god they are perfect!!), Blow Dry l/s, Red Devil l/g, 226 brush, 165 brush, (and 168 brush which isnt from bbr obviously!)

I will post pics as soon as my cameras charged.
But lets get on with a review.

The MSFs... the perfection of this collection if you ask me, these look like what I wanted Sonic Chic to be.
Glide on so smoothly, have the right amount of radiance, just perfect.
I bought all three because they are realistically so different.

Brunette MSF: Perfect for a bronzer, would also go great on those with dark skin tones.
(Melissa and Jenna, this would be a PERFECT bronzer type of cheek color for you)
I don't want to hear any of you pale people like me saying it isn't light enough, yes it is, just use a light hand and you will have a great bronzing effect.

Blonde MSF: The perfect shimmery pink cheek color.

Redhead MSF: This is going to be great for highlighting cheeks and upper cheek bones, reminds me of a Champaign type of color and radiance.

The lip products... all fantastic. The ones that jumped out to me were the frosty brownish one in the brunette collection, B-babe from the blonde collection (a more cool and way more frosty version of bombshell), and blow dry from redhead!!! Blow dry is VERY sheer, and I have very pigmented lips, but if you use either lip erase or a nude lipstick underneath you should have no issue. It will only have trouble showing up on those with very pigmented lips, like myself. Just work with a good base and you'll be fine.

You can't buy blow dry without buying red devil. I'm sorry. You just cant. Red Devil is the perfect bright coral gloss that I have been looking for my whole life.

The brushes. I wasn't impressed with 214 - the bristles were SO short and it just seemed not right in a way, like it wasnt going to be as useful as I thought it would, and as you all know, I was going there to buy all the brushes. I bought the 226 which is such a cute and perfect crease brush. The 165 brush is great for highlight, under eye powder distribution, contouring, etc. Its basically a pointed 109.

The eye shadows. I didn't buy any, because I feel like I have colors that are similar. But they are all beautiful and there isn't a single one I wouldn't buy if I didn't already have so many eye shadows. These are great, normal, eyeshadows in my opinion. They are crazy pinks or baby blues, they are just simple and they would be great for those who like a "not too out there" look
greengrin.gif
Im not saying they are neutral, they arent, but they are definitely earthy in a way. Beautiful colors though! The textures seemed nice as well, but not nice enough for me to purchase.

Didn't even look at the eye pencils or brow sets.

Does this help? Pics on the way!! Feel free to ask questions!

And once again, you cant buy blow dry without red devil!!! They are PERFECT together, you NEED both. You need both!!! and I dont say that often! But goodness I am IN LOVVEEE.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
Ugh you guys make me want the 214.. but I just dont know if I can do it when I can grab the Sephora dupe for half the price

P188209_hero.jpg

That looks like a good dupe if the brushes are super soft and have a precise tip

SuSana

I shall help you CAM! This is my opinion, if you end up not liking something don't try to come after me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC

Maybes:
Marquise D and Blow Dry (are they similar to each other. Would I need to get both? Are they too sheer for pigmented lips?)
I like & am getting both. If you don't want both I say Marquise D.

B-Babe (is this a frosty mess?) Yes it is.

All's fair (is this a pretty color? Do I need it?) Very pretty color, getting this one too.

Soft wave (Is this a frosty golden mess? I have 1n lipglass...is this similar?)

Live and dye-(is this necessary if I have a bunch of light pinks?) Love this color! Get it!

Flip (I tried on Evening Aura before and it didnt show up on my cornbread, NW35 skin....does this have better payoff?) Ok I'm NC20 and I put it on and it blended into my skin.

French Cuff (Is this a sucky lustre...all swatches I see are lovely...erine said it was a good lustre?) I liked it and am getting it, it wasn't chunky when I swatched.

Pin Curl (im being drawn to this at the last minute do I need it????) Getting this too. If you like purpley greys I say get it!

Should I get Brunette MSF for those hot summer days?
lol.gif

Too dark for me but it looked pretty
smiles.gif

TIA

The end.

I do agree with Tish on trying them on yourself but I know how hard it is to get to a store, I order online 99% of the time even though there are 3 counters near me lol. I'm busy!!!!!!

CantAffordMAC

ColorQueen I completely agree with you! I shop online...its just too hard for me to get to MAC. This is absolutely killing me. Its getting to the point that Im wondering if I have similar colors already, and I just dont know.

I feel like B Babe is really pretty on T-empt-ali...a but I guess its not unique? Alls Fair looks super pretty..but is it similar to Lightly Ripe..? What a Do looks pretty on that other site that cant be named...but do I have a goldy bronzy lipstick...and will I wear this one? Would Blow Dry work over a dab of Fleshpot? Is live and dye really worth it? Is anybody listening to me?

rofl.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Girl I promise you...you need to try everything on yourself...No colors are going to look the same on two different skin complexions....Your lips may be more pigmented...skin warmer etc....If I had listened to all the personal reviews here there are colors I would have totally missed out on and been so pissed after not getting them.... Just take your time and go in and evaluate all the colors...There are quite a few hit and miss and some that are totally great

iagree.gif
I couldn't agree with this more Tish.
winks.gif

CantAffordMAC

Oh Susana! LoL thank you but I hate you... JK!
smiles.gif
I thought Flip was like a standout! Aghhhhh. I know Im driving you all crazy, but I have my moms genes...we are both the most undecisive people in the world.
th_dunno.gif
th_crazy2.gif
shrugs.gif

TISH1124

I would have Never Never Ever bought Blow Dry...if the MA had not put it on me and put a dab of Soft Wave....I went WOWWWWWWW loaked like that Ravishing/VGV combo

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries

P188209_hero.jpg

I have the one from sephora and I definitively think the MAC one is way better the tip is very precise. Best way would be to check it out yourself. I didnt get it in this haul b/c its perm. I will get it in the upcoming month.

blindpassion

I re did the post I left a few minutes ago, I messed it up and had to start again, so if you guys look up like 5 posts you will see my review! <3

Sanayhs

Quote:
Omg can someone please help me? LoL I keep getting confused with what to get! Im going to name all the ones Im iffy about, and if someone could please either give me a yes I need it, or NO skip it....Id be very grateful!
heart.gif

Maybes:
Marquise D and Blow Dry (are they similar to each other. Would I need to get both? Are they too sheer for pigmented lips?)
B-Babe (is this a frosty mess?)
All's fair (is this a pretty color? Do I need it?)
Soft wave (Is this a frosty golden mess? I have 1n lipglass...is this similar?)
Live and dye-(is this necessary if I have a bunch of light pinks?)
Flip (I tried on Evening Aura before and it didnt show up on my cornbread, NW35 skin....does this have better payoff?)
French Cuff (Is this a sucky lustre...all swatches I see are lovely...erine said it was a good lustre?)
Pin Curl (im being drawn to this at the last minute do I need it????)

Should I get Brunette MSF for those hot summer days?
lol.gif

TIA

If you're using your fleshpot first anyway, you could do Blow Dry. It's a gorgeous colour. Sheer for sure, and you WILL need the fleshpot underneath. Marquise d' is a peachy nude. Do you need another nude lipstick? B-Babe is a frosty mess to me, and All's Fair seemed kind of boring. If the swatches appeal to you, go for it, but I passed.

I have no idea what 1N is like, but Soft Wave is pretty. It's not just golden/bronzy - it has a nice rosier tone to it. I think it'd be pretty on you.
smiles.gif
You don't need Live and Dye. Your other light pinks will be fine. I think the best use for Live and Dye is over a bold lipstick - which isn't your style. I suspect Flip will NOT show up on you, and Pincurl is also very sheer. Also, if it's a last minute draw, you probably don't need it.
tong.gif

The MSFs are hot. I'd go for that.
smiles.gif

Quote:
I got an Essence of Beauty crease brush duo at CVS...

eob.jpg

Is the brush on top similar at all to the 226?

Definitely nothing alike.

SuSana

Quote:
Oh Susana! LoL thank you but I hate you... JK!
smiles.gif
I thought Flip was like a standout! Aghhhhh. I know Im driving you all crazy, but I have my moms genes...we are both the most undecisive people in the world.
th_dunno.gif
th_crazy2.gif
:shrug:

It would probably be a good color on you since you're darker than me? I liked it in the pot and probably would have ordered it if I hadn't gone to the counter but since I swatched it, it got kicked of my list.

Just buy everything!! JK don't.
smiles.gif

blackrose

Ok, this is off topic, but this site that can't be named, (i know which one), why?? just competition or hated or what??

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose
Ok, this is off topic, but this site that can't be named, (i know which one), why?? just competition or hated or what??

Her poor ability to cite sources.

MAC*kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
yea - i just called nordstroms and the lady stuttered around and told me that mac was very specific about only making the 25% off available for online purchases.

what customer service # did you call? was it 888-282-6060? I called them originally but was transferred over to cosmetics...

I called CS and the lady put me on hold while she checked, then came back and said "No problem". So I guess it just depends on who you talk to.
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrose

Honestly I think that is a topic better found and discussed in Chat....I don't think many members want to even discuss that.....Maybe you could pm someone to keep down confusion

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Okay! I just went to the store! I bought all three MSFs (god they are perfect!!), Blow Dry l/s, Red Devil l/g, 226 brush, 165 brush, (and 168 brush which isnt from bbr obviously!)

The MSFs... the perfection of this collection if you ask me, these look like what I wanted Sonic Chic to be.
Glide on so smoothly, have the right amount of radiance, just perfect.
I bought all three because they are realistically so different.

Brunette MSF: Perfect for a bronzer, would also go great on those with dark skin tones.
(Melissa and Jenna, this would be a PERFECT bronzer type of cheek color for you)
I don't want to hear any of you pale people like me saying it isn't light enough, yes it is, just use a light hand and you will have a great bronzing effect.

Blonde MSF: The perfect shimmery pink cheek color.

Redhead MSF: This is going to be great for highlighting cheeks and upper cheek bones, reminds me of a Champaign type of color and radiance.

The lip products... all fantastic. The ones that jumped out to me were the frosty brownish one in the brunette collection, B-babe from the blonde collection (a more cool and way more frosty version of bombshell), and blow dry from redhead!!! Blow dry is VERY sheer, and I have very pigmented lips, but if you use either lip erase or a nude lipstick underneath you should have no issue. It will only have trouble showing up on those with very pigmented lips, like myself. Just work with a good base and you'll be fine.

You can't buy blow dry without buying red devil. I'm sorry. You just cant. Red Devil is the perfect bright coral gloss that I have been looking for my whole life.

And once again, you cant buy blow dry without red devil!!! They are PERFECT together, you NEED both. You need both!!! and I dont say that often! But goodness I am IN LOVVEEE.

Okay so ur basically saying I NEED brunette and redhead (is brunette anything like warmed? WHY isnt anyone comparing these two, lol) And ur saying that pigmented lipped girls CAN blank out their lips first and use blow dry!!!
yahoo.gif
Now do u mean the frosty brown lipstick or the frosty brown lipGLASS...hmmm hmm which should I get? Thank you honey for ur review!!

Quote:
I would have Never Never Ever bought Blow Dry...if the MA had not put it on me and put a dab of Soft Wave....I went WOWWWWWWW loaked like that Ravishing/VGV combo

Nowwwww you tell me about Blow Dry! Ur no good, Tish!
greengrin.gif
Sike, I love you. And whats this Ravishing/VGV, Im trying it next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
If you're using your fleshpot first anyway, you could do Blow Dry. It's a gorgeous colour. Sheer for sure, and you WILL need the fleshpot underneath. Marquise d' is a peachy nude. Do you need another nude lipstick? B-Babe is a frosty mess to me, and All's Fair seemed kind of boring. If the swatches appeal to you, go for it, but I passed.

I have no idea what 1N is like, but Soft Wave is pretty. It's not just golden/bronzy - it has a nice rosier tone to it. I think it'd be pretty on you.
smiles.gif
You don't need Live and Dye. Your other light pinks will be fine. I think the best use for Live and Dye is over a bold lipstick - which isn't your style. I suspect Flip will NOT show up on you, and Pincurl is also very sheer. Also, if it's a last minute draw, you probably don't need it.
tong.gif

The MSFs are hot. I'd go for that.
smiles.gif

Definitely nothing alike.

Thank you Psoniasis!! I dont have a peachy nude yet..so yes I do need another
greengrin.gif
. So that sums up me getting Blow Dry AND Marquise D..Alls Fair..does it remind u of anything thats already come out? I keep getting that vibe but I cant place it..? Samantha, do u have Major Minor OR Liquer? Does Soft Wave remind u of either one? Is Live and Dye peachy at all, or more pink? Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
It would probably be a good color on you since you're darker than me? I liked it in the pot and probably would have ordered it if I hadn't gone to the counter but since I swatched it, it got kicked of my list.

Just buy everything!! JK don't.
smiles.gif

LoL...see since my skin is SO yellow...I just dont know if itll show up or not. Who else is yellow on Specktra? I wonder if Flip worked on them, lol
th_dunno.gif