MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

michmom2

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Okay forgive me if I screw this up...ha ha

th_makeup2009324.jpg

Warmed then Brunette

th_makeup2009328.jpg
th_makeup2009326.jpg

Top: Blonde Redhead Brunette
Bottom: Petticoat Light Flush Warmed

blowyourmind

I did a really small haul... I might go back this weekend.

but today I got the blonde msf & red devil! love them both!
& I guess there's gonna be a Hello kitty party/event at my mac counter! so I signed up for that! I can't wait!

Kitiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
haha, 9 grams? so the are smaller and more expensive than the normal MSF's.
th_LMAO.gif
good logical thinking going on at MAC's...

Really?
Well good job nordies for getting all my hopes up and lyyyyyying.
ssad.gif

I was really happy about it having so much.

Sorry if I put anyone elses hopes up too.

michmom2

I'm having issues with every page. I thought I linked the pictures so they could be enlarged. Can anyone tell me how to do this thru photobucket? As you all can tell I am a newbie to uploading pictures. TIA

RayannaBanana

I ordered Red Devil, Pincurl, 100 Strokes and Topknot but the truck they were expecting did not arrive today because certain roads are closed so hopefully they will get everything tomorrow. They still have to send them to me so I won't see anything until next week sometime.
ssad.gif

I kind of want Knight now since I don't have any grays other then Ambiance. Is it worth getting or should I just get Knight Divine later?

sweeteternity

I somehow managed to exercise willpower and I stuck with my list from earlier tonight:
I got:

Redhead msf
Blonde msf
Marquise d' l/s
Femme Fi e/s
226 brush
Red Devil l/g.

So here are my thoughts (they're probably redundant at this point but honestly this is the highlight of my crappy week so I wanted to discuss!)

Let me start by saying how much I looooove the Blonde and Redhead msfs. I love Petticoat but the Blonde is just perfection. The Redhead one is also freaking gorgeous, I'm soooo glad I got that bit of extra money for these!!
th_DANCE.gif

The 226 brush looks like it's going to be a wonderful crease brush and I can't wait to try it. I love my 222 for doing deep crease work but I like that the 226 is stiffer/more tapered.

I wasn't very impressed by the eyeshadows, tbqh. I only got Femme Fi because I'm not fond of bright orange and skipped on NSF. It looks like a stellar highlight/inner corner colour.

As for the lipsticks, I got Marquise D', which is different enough from the pale lipsticks I already owned to justify getting since it's peachy.
I was tempted by Blow Dry but not enough.

And finally, Red Devil. I'm already in love
bigheart.gif
!!
I've been into coral-ish colours for a while (I loved In 3D though it's super sheer) and this is just awesome. I'm an NW15-20 so I am often concerned about the orange, but there isn't too much orange in Red Devil. I totally recommend it!!
I am definitely going to wear it over Crosswires cremesheen l/s, but it also looks great on its own.

erine1881

la la la la la la.
whistle.gif

just checking out the new posts.

la la la la la la.
whistle.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteternity
I somehow managed to exercise willpower and I stuck with my list from earlier tonight:
I got:

And finally, Red Devil. I'm already in love
bigheart.gif
!!
I've been into coral-ish colours for a while (I loved In 3D though it's super sheer) and this is just a
I am definitely going to wear it over Crosswires cremesheen l/s, but it also looks great on its own.

Crosswires and Red Devil sounds good to me If I had your coloring, in my mind, I imagine high fashion lipstick. Like this is what is going to in this summer editorial.

CosmePro

Were my pictures that bad? Seriously.

just_jill325

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Brushes
  • 165 Tapered cheek/highlight ($34.00)
  • 214 Short shader ($23.00)
  • 226 Small tapered blending ($24.50)

Canadian prices:

165 --> $41
214 --> $27.50
226 --> $29.00

The MAC counter at The Bay closest to my work didn't get either..and the one closes to my home didn't either. I called when I got home and my friend who works at MAC actually answered and she said all The Bay counters shipment got screwed up, but the pro store (that is farthest from my house) got them in. So I called and got all 3 brushes on hold for me! YAY!!! i just really want them badly...like right NOW! lol. Then I'll get the MSF and an eyeshadow or two at THE Bay next week. YAY!!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Wait, Ravishing with VGV is hot, you're saying because I just ravishing to go Sock Hop (which was just to opaque on my lips with all my lipsticks except for this, I got the idea from a FOTD by Devin).

Ravishing with VGV was HOT when He tried it on me in the store....

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie_57
Ok I either have to order this online or by phone so I need all your help-I can't go and swatch and I need to cut down my list!!! I'm a NW15 for reference.

For sure 226 brush.

Either the blonde or redhead MSF (or do I need both) I do have petticoat. I do luv pinks though!!!

I was going to get B-babe l/s but I allready have alot of pinks and I don't like frosty-frosty and I do have the Rose lips collection among others like Angel, viva glam V, etc. I crossed off peroxide-allready have alot of light pinks but do I need live and dye l/g?????

Eyeshadows: Pincurl for sure.
I do have contrast and deep truth so deep shade is out (I hope)
I have knight divine so knight is out (I hope)
I have sumpuous olive so I don't need henna ('')
I don't have evening aura so do I need Flip (I do have goldmine and other gold colors!)
I don't have mythology but I heard french cuff is a bad lustre (I do have expensive pink and if I get the redhead msf??)
I think top knot would be too dark for me I do have beauty marked, black tied, graphology, carbon,top hat???
Do I need femme-fi ???
I do have sketch so hopefully then I don't need 100 strokes!!

Thanks!!

I don't think Live and Dye is a NEED. Skip Deep Shade, Knight, Henna, French Cuff, Top Knot and 100 Strokes due to stuff you own and stuff sick. . Femme-Fi is beautiful, but you don't need it if you have Ricepaper (you can always order a propan of that, anyway). Redhead MSF is frigging gorgeous. You should have that one, and if you love pinks, you will probably love Blonde. Flip is really pretty, but you can likely do without.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
I ordered Red Devil, Pincurl, 100 Strokes and Topknot but the truck they were expecting did not arrive today because certain roads are closed so hopefully they will get everything tomorrow. They still have to send them to me so I won't see anything until next week sometime.
ssad.gif

I kind of want Knight now since I don't have any grays other then Ambiance. Is it worth getting or should I just get Knight Divine later?

You can get Knight Divine later if you don't mind a bit of a blue tint. Honestly, it doesn't bother me, but I know it does some people. That's what you need to consider here.
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmePro
Were my pictures that bad? Seriously.

No! The pictures aren't bad. My one qualm is that the lighting makes it difficult to distinguish the colours - but that's something that takes practise to get right.
smiles.gif
Rest assured that you did pretty ok for your first shot at showing us some photos, and thank you for doing so!

Whoo hooo.. Hit nordies tonight..
I sort of stuck to my original list and got:
flip
100 strokes
french cuff
top knot
live and dye
quick tease

but added:
msf redhead

but I also added to my pile penultimate liner and 3 shadows, 2 paint pots, penultimate liner,1 lipstick and 1 lipglass for my sister who asks why I need more... hahahahahaha... my answer is "just because"

blackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmePro
This is my first face post, be gentle...

flip on lid
henna inner crease
100 strokes outer crease
french cuff inner 1/3
femme fi highlight
deep shade wetline lower outer 1/3
henna wetline bottom inner 2/3
rich ground fluidline
chanel mascara

gingerly blush
brunette MSF

Honey B lipline
Marquis d' l/s
softwave l/g

K, waddya all think???

Gorgeous work! Thanks CosmePro!!
thmbup.gif
I would have said so sooner but I went off-line.

CantAffordMAC

Cosmepro ur pics arent bad. Im having a lot of trouble viewing these new posts.

ERINE! If u read any of my posts on the last couple pages of this topic...can u help me? If the thread is going too crazy for u, I understand. I hope ur feeling better
winks.gif

bella1342

Two question for anyone willing to help.
smiles.gif

1. If I don't have seedy pearl or pin curl, and plan on picking one up.. which is nicer? Color wise and finish..

2. Do any of the l/s come close to lightly ripe from CoC? Lr was a huge disappointment for me, I didn't like the color at all. So if any l/s from this collection come close, I don't want them. Any adive would be great.

I have jampacked too, and I know it's similar to Quick Tease... so I won't buy both. I think Quick Tease looks nicer though.

Rinstar

So I am back from MAC, and I ended up with:
Redhead MSF
Red Devil l/g
Strawberry Blonde l/g
Flip e/s
100 Strokes e/s
French Cuff e/s
Henna e/s

Not too shabby for a collection that was a pass for me in the beginning!