MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

bellalune

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Again, I have warmed and it is very different from Brunette unfortunately...I like Brunette better but I do like warmed on my skintone...It does not look stupidly orange on me. It depends on your skintone...But Brunette is a better choice if choosing between the two.

I agree whole heartedly about warmed. I'm NC25 and everytime I wear this as a bronzer someone always compliments my skintone without fail. So on me it just really enhances the warmth in my skin. I love brunette too and immediately thought about warmed when I swatched. That was actually the selling point. I can never have enough of warmed especially it being LE. Brunette is more flexible and can be made lighter or darker which is AWESOME. LOVE IT.

mtrimier

Welp. I am back from the counter. (BTW if anyone is in Atlanta and likes Cumberland Mall, the counter was basically empty so you can chill and think.)

I got the Redhead MSF, Knight and the 226. I stayed under budget, so that was VERY good for me, but really was feeling "meh" about the collection. Sooo glad I am able to go check things out in person, and am sorry some of you can't.
ssad.gif

I'm an NC35, and the Blonde and Brunette MSF's were just scary to me. I never use cheek color, so it was just too much of a shock for me. The Redhead was my middle ground workable/entry color and I would use it more readily than the other two. The 226 is going to be perfect for me because I don't have a lot of lid real estate, and I got Knight because it's exactly like Knight Divine on me but without the blue. It's a good charcoal color on me.

I already have a smudge brush in the Kat von D set I like, so I passed on the 214.

Everything just seemed too easy to dupe to me, and that made me not even bother to swatch them.
th_dunno.gif

I did swatch Henna, and thought I would like it, but again I didn't. It's really pretty if you like gold shadows, but I hate gold. It is similar to Sumptuous Olive, but is definitely more gold than green/gold (again, on me).

I am actually more excited about some new tweezers I got. Such a dork.

Anyway, for what it's worth, that was my reaction to the collection.

Good luck with your purchases! Hope you all get and like everything you want!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Yeah, but not for my original intent...it's too similar in value to Smudged Violet. I guess I'm still on the hunt for something to use in place of Deep Truth for that Shadowy Lady quad. Also, my problem with fingers is that they're not very precise and with darker colors that's not so great.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
I really liked Deep Shade with the finger swatch LOL...But it was so almost exact to Contrast to me that I passed it up...But I still think about it....Praying I don't go back to get it

I really want Deep Shade - from the swatches I've seen I can see a lil more blue. I have contrast but it seemed just a little bit blah & I wanted a tad more blue though than contrast.

Dayjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
I have the one from sephora and I definitively think the MAC one is way better the tip is very precise. Best way would be to check it out yourself. I didnt get it in this haul b/c its perm. I will get it in the upcoming month.

I totally agree with this. The 214 is softer and the tip end is WAY more tapered/pointy/precise. I wish I had known this one was coming before I bought the Sephora #14. I'd buy the 214 too except that I haven't even used the #14 yet and I have had it for two months.

michmom2

Okay let me see if this will work.
Okay this is not working. Let me try something else.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmom2
Okay let me see if this will work.
Okay this is not working. Let me try something else.

I JUST LOVED this post so much!!!
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

For all you who are used to my posts...all I can say is...

graucho.gif
greengrin.gif

a little light-hearted moment
smiles.gif

blindpassion

I just posted swatches for anyone whos interested!

CosmePro

...see since my skin is SO yellow...I just dont know if itll show up or not. Who else is yellow on Specktra? I wonder if Flip worked on them, lol
th_dunno.gif
[/quote]

I'm pretty yellow I think, and I "flipped" for flip LOL

ktdetails

Stopped by the mall today...
It has a freestanding mac and a mac counter in nordstrom.
Both macs were dead. Nobody checking out the new stuff. The testers hadn't even been touched. I was really surprised. This thread had me so freaked out over this collection.

I ended up with:
Redhead MSF --- beacuse I bought into the hype. It's pretty, but I feel like MSF's accentuate the tiny hairs on my cheeks... I don't know... MSF's are overrated IMO and yet I still bought one.
214 brush - perfect smudge brush - so gentle around the eye... perfect blending... love it - I know it's perm but I can see this replacing my 219.
Blow Dry l/s - warm soft pinky coral... I have to work it into my lips but it's worth it....

(((( oh and I just came home and slapped on my FAFI HIPNESS BLUSH with BBR BLOW DRY lipstick - whut. OMG SO GORGEOUS)))) NW15 for ref.

Eyeshadows were forgettable IMO.

But this is a collection that you have to try on...
Swatching things on my hand vs. wearing it --- 2 different things with this collection.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
ColorQueen I completely agree with you! I shop online...its just too hard for me to get to MAC. This is absolutely killing me. Its getting to the point that Im wondering if I have similar colors already, and I just dont know.

I feel like B Babe is really pretty on T-empt-ali...a but I guess its not unique? Alls Fair looks super pretty..but is it similar to Lightly Ripe..? What a Do looks pretty on that other site that cant be named...but do I have a goldy bronzy lipstick...and will I wear this one? Would Blow Dry work over a dab of Fleshpot? Is live and dye really worth it? Is anybody listening to me?

rofl.gif

Similiar to Lightly Ripe, no. It is a raspberry bright sheer pink, it is nice. I am def. going to b2m for it now as I see the tempting pics, it shows up on pigmented brown girl lips, so it has have pigment.

CosmePro

Quote:
I really liked Deep Shade with the finger swatch LOL...But it was so almost exact to Contrast to me that I passed it up...But I still think about it....Praying I don't go back to get it

I actually used deep shade to wet line and smudge the lower 1/4 of my eyes today and used henna to wet line the inner 2/3 bottom and top...it was very pretty

Face2Mac

Quote:
I would have Never Never Ever bought Blow Dry...if the MA had not put it on me and put a dab of Soft Wave....I went WOWWWWWWW loaked like that Ravishing/VGV combo

Wait, Ravishing with VGV is hot, you're saying because I just ravishing to go Sock Hop (which was just to opaque on my lips with all my lipsticks except for this, I got the idea from a FOTD by Devin).

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Okay! I just went to the store! I bought all three MSFs (god they are perfect!!), Blow Dry l/s, Red Devil l/g, 226 brush, 165 brush, (and 168 brush which isnt from bbr obviously!)

Brunette MSF: Perfect for a bronzer, would also go great on those with dark skin tones.
(Melissa and Jenna, this would be a PERFECT bronzer type of cheek color for you)
I don't want to hear any of you pale people like me saying it isn't light enough, yes it is, just use a light hand and you will have a great bronzing effect.

. [/b]

I'm one of those pale people (NW15 - NW20) who thinks it isn't light enough. Depending on your skin tone and if you use a really, really, really light hand, you may me able to pull it off as a bronzer. IMO, it was too easy to over-apply this so I passed.

I saw a few questions about B-Babe. I just tried it on w/Peroxide on top and love it. I didn't think it was too frosty (I mean it is a frost after all) and the peroxide on top probably tones down the frost. This is a good color to pick up if you don't already have alot of pinks.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I really want Deep Shade - from the swatches I've seen I can see a lil more blue. I have contrast but it seemed just a little bit blah & I wanted a tad more blue though than contrast.

I think I'm going to work with it some more, maybe wet or over a shadestick before giving up!

trojanchick99

Yay, I'm on my way to MAC! I am way to excited about this collection. I will be back after
mac_atemywallet.gif

CosmePro

This is my first face post, be gentle...

flip on lid
henna inner crease
100 strokes outer crease
french cuff inner 1/3
femme fi highlight
deep shade wetline lower outer 1/3
henna wetline bottom inner 2/3
rich ground fluidline
chanel mascara

gingerly blush
brunette MSF

Honey B lipline
Marquis d' l/s
softwave l/g

K, waddya all think???

Cocopuff

mac_haul.gif

Well ladies! Here is my original list! I crossed out what I did not get. When I got to the store and swatched everything on my NW45 skintone, I didn't like alot of the colors. So I agree with the other members, your skin will be the determining factor of what looks good on you!

LIPGLASS
Peroxide, Strawberry Blonde, Soft Wave, Quick Tease, Red Devil, Live & Dye

LIPSTICK
B-babe, What A Do!, Chignon, Marquise D', Blow Dry, All's Fair

EYESHADOW
Knight, Top Knot, Henna, Femme Fi, 100 Strokes, French Cuff, Flip

MSF
Blonde, Brunette (HELLO LOVER!),Redhead

BRUSHES
226, 165 , 214

Debbie_57

Ok I either have to order this online or by phone so I need all your help-I can't go and swatch and I need to cut down my list!!! I'm a NW15 for reference.

For sure 226 brush.

Either the blonde or redhead MSF (or do I need both) I do have petticoat. I do luv pinks though!!!

I was going to get B-babe l/s but I allready have alot of pinks and I don't like frosty-frosty and I do have the Rose lips collection among others like Angel, viva glam V, etc. I crossed off peroxide-allready have alot of light pinks but do I need live and dye l/g?????

Eyeshadows: Pincurl for sure.
I do have contrast and deep truth so deep shade is out (I hope)
I have knight divine so knight is out (I hope)
I have sumpuous olive so I don't need henna ('')
I don't have evening aura so do I need Flip (I do have goldmine and other gold colors!)
I don't have mythology but I heard french cuff is a bad lustre (I do have expensive pink and if I get the redhead msf??)
I think top knot would be too dark for me I do have beauty marked, black tied, graphology, carbon,top hat???
Do I need femme-fi ???
I do have sketch so hopefully then I don't need 100 strokes!!

Thanks!!

jdechant

Ok guys!! So as many of you know, I cannot go to a MAC and swatch as I live far far far away from my nearest MAC counter..so I highly depend on swatches/comments/suggestions etc...

Soooo anyways on to my story..I had phoned MAC today as I was inquiring about the order I did with 25% off to see if it shipped yet (we can't view shipping on the canadian MAC website) anyways, she let me know that it was still in processing and that it probably would ship until friday or monday!! GRRRR..

Anyways..I started saying something about getting ready for BBR for ordering online tomorrow and she had let me know that she could do my order over the phone as they had their stock all ready to go...SOOO being super excited and stoked I did my BBR order with little to no prep time!! (Good thing I had my list written down!!)

So for MSF's I got Brunette and Redhead. Eyeshadows I got Flip, 100 strokes, Knight, Henna, Pin curl, Top Knot. Lipsticks I got were B-babe and What a do! (Yah I know, I'm gonna be a hawt frosty mess..and I'm so excited!!) Lipglass' I got Live and Dye and Soft Wave. Brushes I got 214 and 226. All in all I am VERY happy with what I ordered as I feel most of these things have got great reviews!! Now what was really nice about the whole conversation with MAC today is that she gave me free overnight shipping!!!! I know, right??! Lol...She apologized that my 25% order was still in processing (as I ordered the morning of the sale) so she said that she would send out this order tomorrow and that I would get it monday if not tuesday at the latest!!!!

Anyways..I've done way too much Hauling this week and can't wait until everything comes in!!! I should have my bbr before my 25% off stuff... weird!!