11-year-old boy marries 10-year-old cousin

makeup_wh0re

Well I have to say that I wouldn't personally want to do this, BUT people have all different types of beliefs and I don't want to say anything to offend them. They are really young but I wish them the best.

Pushpa

agree with nunu

and cousin marriages wont cause abnormalities in children...and that is quite common in asian/ME

i always thought it was weird but thats b/c we were raised to treat our cousins like brothers and sisters but i do know quite a few people who are the product of cousin marriages or who themselves have married 1st and 2nd cousins

revinn

I think that a lot of things seem "weird" or "wrong" to us because we've grown up in a very different culture. People pass judgement on many things around the world that they know little about, and that's strange to me. Imagine if you were born with three fingers on each hand..but everyone was born the same way. Would you find it odd? I don't think so. It's a matter of socialization and traditions, and what seems unimaginable to us may seem perfectly acceptable somewhere else in the world. I think everyone should be allowed to believe/practice/do what they please as long they do not offend or hurt anyone else. I am a strong supporter of gay rights, but I won't snap at someone who "disagrees" with homosexuality. If you don't personally think it's right, but don't poison others with your opinions, then you're entitled to it. You can't claim to be a tolerant person, then tell off someone who doesn't believe in abortion..They are allowed to feel that way too. I can't stand when people in my school speak out against Christianity. I'm not religious, but I would never insult any religion..You think you're being tolerant because you say awful things about the "restrictions" of Christianity? You're just as much of a bigot as you claim they are. It really bothers me..not that I feel anyone on this thread was acting this way, I'm just ranting for no reason
smiles.gif

WOW, I'm sorry that went way off topic. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if it's acceptable where the two children live, and they have been raised with this engagement in mind, then more power to them. Who are we to judge the customs of a culture we may know little about? If you're going to take a stance on something, research it, talk about it. Don't make a fool of yourself by speaking before you're well informed. Once again, this isn't directed at anyone here, I just needed to get that tirade off my chest.