All Things Sephora

elegant-one

@awickedshape, @elegant-one, @vineetha You ladies crack me up. I can never resist a crack at the overtly sexual names of makeup products. And let's not get started on Elegant's Chanel nipples.
girlhaha.gif
rofl.gif

Oh man, my Chanel boobie blushes
lol.gif
th_dunno.gif

shontay07108

I tried the MJ foundation last night and it seems to not be the right fit for me, unfortunately. FIrst, the color is off. It gave me a kinda gray look that reminded me of some horrible Clinique foundation I had back in the day. Now, sometimes a foundation can get a little ashy along my jaw because I'm a bit darker there, but this was on my cheek. Also, it looked like a mask. I was careful to only use the tiniest bit, but it was still obvious. Someone mentioned last night, I think, that there's such a huge gap between shades and I remembered thinking that when I got my sample the other day. The next shade up and the next down from the sample that I got are way off for me, so it seems I don't have a match in this foundation anyway. For once I am glad I wasn't impulsive and got a sample instead of just grabbing the bottle. It's back to the Ultra HD for me.

DMcG9

I definitely see where you're coming from about the BB! I would want to savor every drop too! lol!

That's sooo amazing to now have to use concealer! I need concealer for my cheeks and chin as I get pretty red (especially during the time of the month and in the summer) and I have horrrrrendous dark circle under my eyes (#GradSchoolLife) I don't have to use concealer when I use the FX drops. They're good, but I wasn't dying to purchase another bottle. It's soooo messy honestly. They need better packaging on that shizzz!

I use Dermalogica Active Moist! It's so nice. Doesn't leave me feeling greasy and doesn't break me out. Being an oily girl I used to HATE moisturizing because I could never find one that would sink into my skin well and not make me feel heavy and nasty. It goes so well under foundations too! :) ACTUALLY as I type this... I think I just found it for cheaper on amazon. (it's my lucky day!)
I use Active Moist too and you're right, it's expensive on the grad school budget but a little does go a long way.
kisses.gif

laurennnxox

I use Active Moist too and you're right, it's expensive on the grad school budget but a little does go a long way.
kisses.gif
Yeah! It definitely is. I agree, a little goes a long way and I've had mine about 4.5 months and it's still got some left. I'm running low so I'm trying samples of other moisturizers from my endless pile of samples, but nothing gets me going like this one.
girlhaha.gif

laurennnxox

It's so sad how antsy I am to go to sephora sunday and shop!
ohboy.gif

Anyway, does anyone have a favorite eye cream (doesn't have to be sold at sephora) that helps lighten dark circles? I don't have puffy under-eyes, but horrible horrible dark circles that I want to lighten up. Just looking for suggestions!

I think when I go home next week I'm going to stop by the nice big sephora there and get a sample of the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum too!

Monsy

ohboy.gif

Anyway, does anyone have a favorite eye cream (doesn't have to be sold at sephora) that helps lighten dark circles? I don't have puffy under-eyes, but horrible horrible dark circles that I want to lighten up. Just looking for suggestions!

I think when I go home next week I'm going to stop by the nice big sephora there and get a sample of the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum too!
nothing helps really

you can do a thing called clarins touch. go on their site and open any of the eye creams scroll down and it should show a video of how to apply massaging eye area to boost drainage of all the blood sitting there and making that area even darker.

KiKi Kontour

ohboy.gif

when u find out let me know cuz i also have dark circles n nothing works!! mine are hereditary but even Dr Oz said there's no magic cream and nothing truly removes em sooooo **looks at concealer**

laurennnxox

when u find out let me know cuz i also have dark circles n nothing works!! mine are hereditary but even Dr Oz said there's no magic cream and nothing truly removes em sooooo **looks at concealer**
Bahhh. I guess I thought I could lighten them up a bit because I never used to have them until graduate school. Now they never go away no matter how normal I try to keep my sleep schedule and how healthy I try to eat/drink, etc. etc. Looks like corrector and concealer will be my best friend forever now.
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

greengrin.gif

girlhaha.gif
I wanted to see that Becca es palette but they don't carry Becca there which I thought they did. POO!

I did get 2 more Mac Cremesheens. The MAC at Macy's where I went to b2m for 2 more - someone STOLE ALL of the new Cremesheens & blushes - $1800 worth while the store was open. MY friend is the MAC manager there & she said the camera wasn't even pointed there because someone had just hit the sunglass hut in that Macy's so they moved the camera to cover that area. I was like don't worry, you will be able to find them on Ebay!
ohboy.gif
So, I had to drive to my crappy closer Macy's to get the 2 I wanted.

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

I tried the MJ foundation last night and it seems to not be the right fit for me, unfortunately. FIrst, the color is off. It gave me a kinda gray look that reminded me of some horrible Clinique foundation I had back in the day. Now, sometimes a foundation can get a little ashy along my jaw because I'm a bit darker there, but this was on my cheek. Also, it looked like a mask. I was careful to only use the tiniest bit, but it was still obvious. Someone mentioned last night, I think, that there's such a huge gap between shades and I remembered thinking that when I got my sample the other day. The next shade up and the next down from the sample that I got are way off for me, so it seems I don't have a match in this foundation anyway. For once I am glad I wasn't impulsive and got a sample instead of just grabbing the bottle. It's back to the Ultra HD for me.
Same here Sis! None of the shades worked for me at all & it didn't look right on my skin. The lightest 10 shade looked like casper the ghost - not even real looking, then the next shade was way too yellow & the next was way too weird darker on me. It's a no go for me too.

jenise

It's so sad how antsy I am to go to sephora sunday and shop! :eek:hboy: Anyway, does anyone have a favorite eye cream (doesn't have to be sold at sephora) that helps lighten dark circles? I don't have puffy under-eyes, but horrible horrible dark circles that I want to lighten up. Just looking for suggestions!  I think when I go home next week I'm going to stop by the nice big sephora there and get a sample of the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum too! 
Kiehls midnight recovery eye cream is amazing for that!

jenise

:lol: :frenz: Too Late!!! LOL. Ugh, as usual my store had nothing that I wanted except for KVD Mother which I had put on hold but they either didn't carry what I wanted or were sold out of what I wanted. Useless to me. I'll just order online & get my ebates. I had a nice lunch at PF Changs though :amused: :haha: I wanted to see that Becca es palette but they don't carry Becca there which I thought they did. POO! I did get 2 more Mac Cremesheens. The MAC at Macy's where I went to b2m for 2 more - someone STOLE ALL of the new Cremesheens & blushes - $1800 worth while the store was open. MY friend is the MAC manager there & she said the camera wasn't even pointed there because someone had just hit the sunglass hut in that Macy's so they moved the camera to cover that area. I was like don't worry, you will be able to find them on Ebay! :eek:hboy: So, I had to drive to my crappy closer Macy's to get the 2 I wanted. Same here Sis! None of the shades worked for me at all & it didn't look right on my skin. The lightest 10 shade looked like casper the ghost - not even real looking, then the next shade was way too yellow & the next was way too weird darker on me. It's a no go for me too.
Love PF changs! Just went there last night :)