All Things Sephora

Kristin Bacon

I try to balance my Sephora hauling with frequent trips to the drugstore (because that makes sense). I'm so sad there aren't any Krogers/Fred Meyers in Chicago! I picked up pretty much every piece of the new LE Summer Fergie Collection, but the Wet n Wild LE Summer Bronzers haven't made their way here yet. You should totally get them so I can live vicariously through you and duckrodeo!
I think i will grab them tomorrow!!

DILLIGAF

i wonder if the one i got is old or something cuz the texture seems off to me. funny the black label sucks since they are there most expensive one, good to know i was looking online at the cancun pink one. its weird its really creamy but it feels really strange if i rub my lips together it is grainy it was the only one i could find that hadnt been used since they arent sealed.
It's mainly the smell that I can't deal with for the Black Label. I had a beautiful orange color and a red and I gave them both away because of it.

kimibos

We should open a All things Drugstore thread.

I purchased the new L'oreal Manga Mascara in Blackest Black and i luv it! Also i want to try a NYX blush. i think its called Taupe? or Mocha? its for contouring.

shontay07108

I just got my package with KVD's lipsticks. I'm waiting for Vampira to come in another day or so. I went to Sephora yesterday and they had all the colors in stock except LUV. The few they got went fast. I almost bought Backstage Bambi, but it can wait. Sephora also had the Aqua Matics and they're gorgeous. #52 is like a flesh shade with no shimmer! I need it for the inner eye and the brown one is smooth as butter. Definitely getting those soon. I'm still wondering if they'll get the rest of the MUFE Summer collection. I just sent an e-mail to customer service. Yes, it's that serious to me. I've seen more swatches of the new shades of liquid liner and I don't want to drag my behind to the MUFE store.

Indieprincess

I'm hearing so much talk about those KVD liquid lipsticks I'm going to need a few of my own. If I get the time I'm going to run in store and check them out. I'm really liking the look of Jeffree and mau5. I hope they'll have some left because my sephora seems to have something against restocking the shelves on a regular basis.

BrknFlwr85

Does anyone who has the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Lolita also have the regular painted love lipstick in the same shade? I have a mini lipstick in Lolita and I've been thinking about trying the liquid one if it's the exact same color.

tamikajodha

Is Sephora cancelling anyone else's orders that include the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks?
icon_eek.gif

sagehen

Not mine, but I am not actually sure if it has shipped, since they used some new courier service for my area, but can't track it. It is all confusion.

kait0

Ugh I was in such a rush to order a EB lipstick before they sold out and I was trying to look at swatches - basically I ordered a brown lipstick.
thud.gif

purplevines

Does anyone who has the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Lolita also have the regular painted love lipstick in the same shade? I have a mini lipstick in Lolita and I've been thinking about trying the liquid one if it's the exact same color. 
I don't have both of the lolitas, but I have both backstage bambis, and they aren't the exact same. I think it's difficult for a lipstick to have have the pigmentation power of of the liquid one. I do have the liquid Lolita and am enjoying it! Go in in store and swatch if you can.

shontay07108

Of course Sephora has no idea if they'll get the rest of the Summer collection. Bleh. I got Vampira today and I'm annoyed with Sephora b/c they sent 3 of the KVD lipsticks yesterday in an envelope, but little lonely Vampira in a big ass box. What? Get it together, Sephora. Now I have 5 of the lipsticks and I've been thinking about Backstage Bambi more and more. I have a feeling the bright shades will be hard to pull off on my old lips in this formula but I feel like hot pink is worth a try. The swatch settled into the lines on my hand so bad, but of course I'll always be curious if I don't try it.

Starlight77

Update on the Marc Jacobs- the siren palette:

i'm really enjoying this palette. The colors are very pigmented and are easy to use as they aren't bright. I have used some under the lower lashes or just in outer corner for pops of color. they stay on all day and I didn't need to use a primer under them. I'm a matte girl and I do not find them overly shimmery at all.
At first I wasn't liking it because I expected a better quality shadow from him but to be honest when I thought about the price for 7 shadows compared to MAC it is a very good deal. MAC would charge $70 for just the shadows or 2 quads at $40/$44 each so it is a good deal. I wouldn't compare them to chanel or Dior but for a high end shadow they really are holding their pigment throughout the day and if you really blend the red out it's the prettiest hot pink. I actually have been using that in the outer corner. Surprisingly... it looks super pretty. It's helping me use a lot of neutral palettes that I became bored of. I have tried to dupe them and I do not have quality matches, so for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of color shadows it is a good investment. I'd definitely check it out.

... just a thought :)

prettygirl8

Update on the Marc Jacobs- the siren palette:

i'm really enjoying this palette. The colors are very pigmented and are easy to use as they aren't bright. I have used some under the lower lashes or just in outer corner for pops of color. they stay on all day and I didn't need to use a primer under them. I'm a matte girl and I do not find them overly shimmery at all.
At first I wasn't liking it because I expected a better quality shadow from him but to be honest when I thought about the price for 7 shadows compared to MAC it is a very good deal. MAC would charge $70 for just the shadows or 2 quads at $40/$44 each so it is a good deal. I wouldn't compare them to chanel or Dior but for a high end shadow they really are holding their pigment throughout the day and if you really blend the red out it's the prettiest hot pink. I actually have been using that in the outer corner. Surprisingly... it looks super pretty. It's helping me use a lot of neutral palettes that I became bored of. I have tried to dupe them and I do not have quality matches, so for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of color shadows it is a good investment. I'd definitely check it out.

... just a thought :)
I keep putting this palette in my cart and then taking it out. I've gotten kinda bored with neutrals - I still love them but I need a break.

Starlight77

Update on the Marc Jacobs- the siren palette: i'm really enjoying this palette. The colors are very pigmented and are easy to use as they aren't bright. I have used some under the lower lashes or just in outer corner for pops of color. they stay on all day and I didn't need to use a primer under them. I'm a matte girl and I do not find them overly shimmery at all. At first I wasn't liking it because I expected a better quality shadow from him but to be honest when I thought about the price for 7 shadows compared to MAC it is a very good deal. MAC would charge $70 for just the shadows or 2 quads at $40/$44 each so it is a good deal. I wouldn't compare them to chanel or Dior but for a high end shadow they really are holding their pigment throughout the day and if you really blend the red out it's the prettiest hot pink. I actually have been using that in the outer corner. Surprisingly... it looks super pretty. It's helping me use a lot of neutral palettes that I became bored of. I have tried to dupe them and I do not have quality matches, so for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of color shadows it is a good investment. I'd definitely check it out. ... just a thought :)
I keep putting this palette in my cart and then taking it out. I've gotten kinda bored with neutrals - I still love them but I need a break.
It's LE but I don't think it will sell out quickly as a lot of people may still be deciding. I like that the colors are deep. I'm older and can wear them as they don't feel too young for me. I think if you're bored with nuetral palettes like me it's a nice addition. I only use one or 2 colors with a regular neutral eye. It's making me feel springy yet natural. I couldn't pull off the electric palette at all lol

tchristi

Are you enjoying all ur bite lip products? Do u have a fav?
I went to return something else ( non make up related) and ended up getting Sancerre. It's beautiful. I think I've found something else to obsess about. I wore Bordeaux today it was fantastic! It felt nice on the lips and didn't look drying while being somewhat matte. It's funny that the BITE Beauty lip pencil that I bought in November I ended up taking back because there was a smell that bothered me. Because of that I avoided the brand. So sorry now that I didn't have these earlier. Swatches coming soon.

tchristi

Im not actively looking but I checked 2 cvs and didn't see them. I still have 2 from last yr collection I probably used 1 time.
Jealous! I've been trying to track down those new Wet n Wild Bronzers but they haven't been stocked at any of my local Walgreens or CVS locations! Are they as great as Nouveau Cheap's post made them seem? I've only looked at the Sephora LE Bronzer online, I think I'll go check it out in person. There's so much product!