All Things Sephora

PeachTwist

I want that marc jacobs eyeliner set but idl if I need it since I got ocho loco 2 in the UD sale a few months back it's sitting in my cart tempting me though I've never tried his eyeliners.
Marc Jacobs gel liners are amazing. thry glide on smooth and last. I adore all marc jacobs beauty, and I have had bad luck with the UD liners smudging off...
So glad to hear these are good. I looked up reviews/swatches on Temptalia of the other highliners and they don't get great reviews. Hoping this set is worth it!

PeachTwist

Yup, you're right. I prioritized. I got me the liners, Anastasia Brow Brush, Brush Cleansing Pad thinger and a Sephora lip stain. That's my last order until the VIB sale and I start getting the MUFE shadows. I'd also like the UD Lip Stash but UD won't ship to UK from US, so I'll try and see if it's being released over here. It *should* be. I'm excited though as this is my first Marc Jabobs purchase. I currently feel very fancy, hahahaha! Is the New Years sale cheaper than VIB? I'm so new to the Sephora world, haha.
i wouldn't necessarily say cheaper but depending on WHAT's on sale it could be. For example one year the kat von d lip set which is normally $40 went on sale for $20!! i guess it all depends on how much u order with the sales vs 15-20% off.
Thanks, hon. I have no idea how the sales work. So is VIB 15-20% off everything and then New Years is a sale but only specific things on sale?

Apparently I'm only $105 away from being VIB Rouge. If I get it, how long does it last for? Sorry, I'm so confused with how Sephora works because I don't live in the US and it confuses me, lol.

DILLIGAF

Thanks, hon. I have no idea how the sales work. So is VIB 15-20% off everything and then New Years is a sale but only specific things on sale?

Apparently I'm only $105 away from being VIB Rouge. If I get it, how long does it last for? Sorry, I'm so confused with how Sephora works because I don't live in the US and it confuses me, lol.
Approximately for a year. As you shop during that year Sephora will tell you how much you need to spend in order to renew your Rouge status. I usually hit the renewal status around the holidays. I love palettes and sets.

PeachTwist

Approximately for a year. As you shop during that year Sephora will tell you how much you need to spend in order to renew your Rouge status. I usually hit the renewal status around the holidays. I love palettes and sets.
Thanks. Are there many perks for being VIB Rouge? Looking at things it doesn't look like I'll have many if any being an int'l customer. Go figure, lol!

Dolly Snow

i wouldn't necessarily say cheaper but depending on WHAT's on sale it could be. For example one year the kat von d lip set which is normally $40 went on sale for $20!! i guess it all depends on how much u order with the sales vs 15-20% off. Soooo i plopped on mood exposure from the HG palette and ummmm yeeeea im thinkin maaaaybe im a taaad too WOC (woman of color)-ish for this palette cuz this shyt was like Whodini on my cheeks **poof** im gonna give it a few more tries before i decide to take it back **le sigh** when i didnt see mood exposure show up i resorted back to what i know....mac breath of plum (my faaaave) reference im medium dark, mac nc42, nars tahoe-ish kat von d poe on the lips!!! FINALLY got it in my paws!! does anyone use a liner?
Beautiful

DILLIGAF

Thanks. Are there many perks for being VIB Rouge? Looking at things it doesn't look like I'll have many if any being an int'l customer. Go figure, lol!
To me one of the best perks is the first access to some of the more coveted items on Sephora. Also in the US its the free shipping.

KiKi Kontour

IMO i think we are just now seeing perks to being VIBR starting with marc jacobs lip sets! i guess they heard our cries that we needed more exlusive shyt lol. i like how we get early access and special VIBR sets sections too!! im sure they'll get better with time tho

KiKi Kontour

yeeeeees the freeeee shipping is maaaarvelous! i used to HATE having to throw stuff in my cart just to get to $50 for free shipping and now i can order $6 n get free shipping **evil laugh**

Shars

Heya. Last year for the end of year/new years' sale, they had a lot of stuff that came out in the year that they were trying to get rid of as well as holiday items that I guess didn't sell as well as expected/supply was more than demand. I got a Buxom mini full-bodied lipstick set for half price and I know that was a well raved product. Quite a lot of the bare minerals sets were like half off as well. The last 4 or 5 days of last year, around when I placed my order, they had a sale where you got an extra 20% off everything in the sale section!!! I would say, use the VIB sale for things you "can't live without" and the end of year sale for things you couldn't bear to leave 'cause it's such a steal.

In terms of your VIB Rouge status, if you look into your account section, right under your points count and member status, it should have something in smaller text saying [Name] enjoy VIB Rouge status until 12/31/15. Up until I placed an order yesterday, mine was saying something like spend another $X to enjoy VIB Rouge status until 12/31/15. So with my order, I'm now VIB rouge until end of next year. And what I purchase next year will make me VIB Rouge for 2016.

Shars

yeeeeees the freeeee shipping is maaaarvelous! i used to HATE having to throw stuff in my cart just to get to $50 for free shipping and now i can order $6 n get free shipping **evil laugh**
I know right! I hated that. Although it helped me to exercise some restraint. I would be like, do I really want this, or can I wait until I want something else?

Shars

yes u get stripped of ur royal crown, tossed out the kingdom and banished from the sacred grounds of such high honors
queen.gif
HAHAHAH! That is THE best description ever!

Audrey C

Rouge provides free shipping to Canada too; that's a definite perk. I don't think I've ever done any tiny orders (I want the promos that come with a $35 Canadian order) but most of mine fall below the $75 threshold that's required for free Canadian shipping.

I didn't really expect to qualify again this year, but I did. My makeup purchasing is down significantly this year (skin and hair products pushed me over) so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't quality again.

Icecaramellatte

Trying to resist buying the Tarte blush palette since I already Off the Cuff from last year. I really like the second from the left shade and the two far right shades. If it's still available when I get paid Friday and I'm still thinking about it, I just might get it.
Oh I wanted the Tarte blush palette too. Why did it have to come out now? I'm so broke. I will have to wait a lot longer than Friday to get it if it is not sold out. Oh well, I don't even own any Tarte blushes so maybe I won't know what I'm missing.

Oh and I saw the Marc Jacobs sets on Temptalia and was interested in the eyeliner one.

hitchcockblonde

i wouldn't necessarily say cheaper but depending on WHAT's on sale it could be. For example one year the kat von d lip set which is normally $40 went on sale for $20!! i guess it all depends on how much u order with the sales vs 15-20% off.

Soooo i plopped on mood exposure from the HG palette and ummmm yeeeea im thinkin maaaaybe im a taaad too WOC (woman of color)-ish for this palette cuz this shyt was like Whodini on my cheeks **poof** im gonna give it a few more tries before i decide to take it back **le sigh** when i didnt see mood exposure show up i resorted back to what i know....mac breath of plum (my faaaave)

reference im medium dark, mac nc42, nars tahoe-ish

kat von d poe on the lips!!! FINALLY got it in my paws!! does anyone use a liner?
I'm sorry mood exposure isn't working for you, but damn you look amazing in Poe!