All Things Sephora

kait0

I just received my order of PG today & put pics & swatches in that thread. I was disappointed in it. TOO much glitter, didn't really highlight, very very little pink glow. It was more very slight pink but mostly champagne but hardly any glow/highlight/color even showed up on me. :(
Thanks for the heads up! I'm happy to have scratched it off my long long wishlist haha

josephine90

Why is it that now the LM cavier sticks, but I want it? Maybe if it gets restocked during the vib sale, oh just maybe. I don't think I'm going to make rouge this year, I have $474 more to go. Should I be sad?

kaira

Thanks, kaira. I don't use nor do I usually recommend Sephora brand skincare. :unsure: The packaging turns me off. It sounds like it could be decent for dehydrated skin, but I don't believe the evening skin tone claims at all. It has fragrance listed in top third of ingredients so that could be an irritant. My skin has been dehydrated and I've got my eye on Dr. Jart++ Ceramidin Liquid or his Water Fuse Sleeping Mask or PTR VIZ-1000. I'm hoping to pick up some samples tomorrow. I'll likely forget though.
Ohhh, I hadnt thought about the irritants. Thank you very much for pointing that out. I think I'll cross that off my list lol. I also have the PTR 3 mask in my basket. I would appreciate yours or any specktrettes's opinion :) the acne cream I'm using is causing dry patches here and there. I look like im shredding sometimes lol

elegant-one

Sorry for the rant. Lol.
girlhaha.gif
friends.gif
I'm getting the Algenist oil because of you my dear ;)

Alliekatt2982

I think I'm going to try some Algenist skincare products. I'm going in on the whole sha-bang...cleanser, eye balm toner moisturizer. Anyone tried this line? Kind of OT but does anyone use Paula's choice for product reviews?
I use Paula's Choice for all of my skin care, except cleanser (I use Clinique's take the day off oil) and love her line. Try the vitamin C serum and the 1% retinol. She usually has samples you can buy for nearly all her products and you can return anything you don't like. Many people may not like her books but I love her products and find them much more reasonable than other lines. Best of all, they are truly fragrance free.

MissTT

Ohhh, I hadnt thought about the irritants. Thank you very much for pointing that out. I think I'll cross that off my list lol. I also have the PTR 3 mask in my basket. I would appreciate yours or any specktrettes's opinion
smiles.gif
the acne cream I'm using is causing dry patches here and there. I look like im shredding sometimes lol
If the fragrance doesn't bother you and you think the product is working keep with it. I have the Sephora Instant Moisturizer and I think the fragrance is too heavy. Maybe I'll finish it off by using it on my body. So you're getting dried out by your acne medicine. That's frustrating. Try a sample of the Caudalie SOS Serum. They also have a cream version. If I think of another product I'll let you know. Got get ready for work now.

Shars

Why is it that now the LM cavier sticks, but I want it? Maybe if it gets restocked during the vib sale, oh just maybe. I don't think I'm going to make rouge this year, I have $474 more to go. Should I be sad?
The neverending makeup addict dilemna lol! Nordstrom, Macy's and some of the other retailers have a similar LM caviar stick set that has the same ones as the sephora set along with two others for $55.00. So if you're heart is set on it and you didn't care about the discount, you have another option. Won't count towards your VIB status though.

Also, since when did Sephora stock the infamous BBU palette with all the foundations and concealers? A makeup artist dream come true!

pbpink

I ended up changing my mind on the items, but thank you! No major department stores in my state so most of my shopping is done online or by phone/email with SAs. I may hit you up one of these days for the name of your SAs. I've got a new one at Bloomingdales who is good and has sent me lots of deluxe samples. My Nordstrom SA showed improvement with my last order and bought some time with a bag of deluxe samples. It probably wouldn't hurt to have a backup though.
anytime!! i suppose this is a good thing (no dept stores!) as being charged almost 10% tax in some places is a bummer especially when you make larger purchases it adds up!

pbpink

i swatched the Becca Set with the 3 shades in store and it seemed to be a different consistency than the regular range, i swatched both - has anyone else noticed that or perhaps i just had a strange tester of the new set??

singer82

Anyone try Dr Brandt's anti-aging products? Trying to figure out what skincare set to get. Oh and I have sensitive skin. *edit* I'm seeing great things about Algenist on here. Maybe I should try them

jenise

i swatched the Becca Set with the 3 shades in store and it seemed to be a different consistency than the regular range, i swatched both  - has anyone else noticed that or perhaps i just had a strange tester of the new set?? 
No they're definitely a different consistency!

smileyt06

Received a code yayyyy from a lovely IGer, my online haul included coco Chanel and Gucci 2 purfume, Nars Almeria Blush and a sephora skin set which came with orgins, bosiac, glamglow and Peter Roth Thomas. I'll purchase my smaller stuff with my VIB 20%. Also, I became Rouge today. Bittersweet lol

DILLIGAF

Thank you for the heads up about the fragrance. I don't usually have an issue with with fragrances but I remember the Sephora triple water. It works on the same level as other cleansing waters but the scent was so off putting. Why would you put a fragrance in that sort of product. I'm taking it off my list.

elegant-one

*edit* I'm seeing great things about Algenist on here. Maybe I should try them
Algenist is my very new favorite skin care line of all time. I feel like I got instant results with glowing skin.

I ordered the Detoxifying Exfoliator & the Anti-Aging Repairing Oil from the Algenist site - 30 % off, Free shipping & NO tax
pompom.gif