All Things Sephora

prettygirl8

Anybody know if Sephora will be doing their 20% off again soon? Spring F&F?

I'm going to ask my cousin, she works at Sephora. But they need to do that more often. Makeup is expensive and I doubt Sephora loses any money considering the kind of money the stores make on a daily basis.
This! Ulta has been getting my money so far this year because of their 20% off everything coupons.

elegant-one

I'm going to ask my cousin, she works at Sephora. But they need to do that more often. Makeup is expensive and I doubt Sephora loses any money considering the kind of money the stores make on a daily basis.
Oh thanks dear!!!! I agree. I was hoping they would do a Spring F&F :) I appreciate it

elegant-one

Ya it's a refreshing change from a lot of other beauty blogs, I read all her posts even if I don't care about the product.

In the spring it's only been 15% from my memory, 20% in November only :(

Tax here is 13% so I'm not too tempted with 15% off lol. Essentially just tax!
I would take 15% too, but yeah, it pretty much just covers tax :(

DILLIGAF

Fragrance triple points is approaching. What is on your list to get?
I'm not a fan of celebrity fragrances but I recently was in Sephora and happened upon Elizabeth & James Nirvana black. It's warm and sultry. The notes are Sandlewood, Violet and Vanilla. I usually don't care for vanilla scents but I'm not pummeled over the head with the vanilla notes.

thejwlife

I'm not a fan of celebrity fragrances but I recently was in Sephora and happened upon Elizabeth & James Nirvana black. It's warm and sultry. The notes are Sandlewood, Violet and Vanilla. I usually don't care for vanilla scents but I'm not pummeled over the head with the vanilla notes.
They smell really good together, too. I have a few on my list: Chanel Chance Eau Tendre Prada Candy L'Eau Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Tocca Stella

alyxo

My cousin who works at a Sephora told me that their next discount will be in April or at the end of April.

I really want Prada Candy. I have been going crazy for it ever since it came out. Whenever I'm in Sephora, I marinate myself in it lol. I don't know why I don't just buy it. I guess because it's so expensive!

GlamMomAngel

i have samples of these I need to smell them!

MsGlossy

20% off doesn't usually happen until November. 15% off is usually april
20%, 15% or 10%...still better than points in my book. I would rather save money than get a few points that I have to redeem on samples that I don't really care for. Ulta's rewards programs beats Sephora's because my points have monetary value. Plus, Sephora hasn't had any amazing point perks, in my opinion.

GlamMomAngel

20%, 15% or 10%...still better than points in my book. I would rather save money than get a few points that I have to redeem on samples that I don't really care for. Ulta's rewards programs beats Sephora's because my points have monetary value. Plus, Sephora hasn't had any amazing point perks, in my opinion.
Yes!!!!!!! I decided I was going to shop more in Ulta the last time I went. This paid $15 for her Naked3 palette after she cashed in her points. I was like whhhhaaaaattttttttt

Kaori

I prefer Sephora's program. In Ulta you get only 50$ back from spending 1000$, while in Sephora you get 20$ gift card around xmass and you can get two 500point perks which each have around 30$ value. In Ulta you get only 17.5$ for 500$ spent, while in Sephora you get 15$ xmass gift card and one 500perk. Also lot's of Ulta coupons can't be used on prestige brands or value kits, and I almost never buy drugstore stuff =.= I can't compare sample packages with orders, but as VIB rouge this year I managed to get the free fullsize dior lippie and free fullsize nars illuminator, which is great, they are definitely making Rouge worth it(finally).
Ulta is only better if you spend around 2000$ a year there, because 125$ back is better than point kits, since there is never that many awesome 500point kits in sephora in one year.
The plus of Ulta is that you earn more points in Ulta than in Sephora since they are counted from BEFORE applying discount and after spending 400$ you become platinum member and basically earn 25% more points than you would on same Sephora purchase. So you get 50$ back from spending 800$. But if you wont become platinum member, your points will expire and that sucks.
On other note, Sephora has better return policy 90+ days while Ulta has only 60days =)

MsGlossy

I prefer Sephora's program. In Ulta you get only 50$ back from spending 1000$, while in Sephora you get 20$ gift card around xmass and you can get two 500point perks which each have around 30$ value. In Ulta you get only 17.5$ for 500$ spent, while in Sephora you get 15$ xmass gift card and one 500perk. Also lot's of Ulta coupons can't be used on prestige brands or value kits, and I almost never buy drugstore stuff =.= I can't compare sample packages with orders, but as VIB rouge this year I managed to get the free fullsize dior lippie and free fullsize nars illuminator, which is great, they are definitely making Rouge worth it(finally).
Ulta is only better if you spend around 2000$ a year there, because 125$ back is better than point kits, since there is never that many awesome 500point kits in sephora in one year.
The plus of Ulta is that you earn more points in Ulta than in Sephora since they are counted from BEFORE applying discount and after spending 400$ you become platinum member and basically earn 25% more points than you would on same Sephora purchase. So you get 50$ back from spending 800$. But if you wont become platinum member, your points will expire and that sucks.
On other note, Sephora has better return policy 90+ days while Ulta has only 60days =)
I am VIB Rouge for Sephora and an Ulta Platinum member. It is true that Ulta's coupons often exclude prestige items, but they offer 20% coupons a few times a year; Sephora does it twice a year. So far, I received a 20% off Friends and Family offer that Ulta posted on their Facebook page last month and a mailer that just expired on February 1st. That's two opportunities to save 20% off on prestige items so far this year.

I buy most of my haircare items from Ulta; Joico, Redken, It's a 10, etc. I also buy TONS of nail polish that I use their coupons for. There are point opportunities and coupon savings for more than just their drug-store items. Also, Ulta has several 3x point opportunities for Platinum members several times a year (and non-Platinum members earn 2x points). The last time they had a 3x the points offer I banked over 1000 points! That is an extra $50 worth of points for spending about $340! Sephora's once a year gift card doesn't match the cashback that I earn from Ulta year-round. Plus, I ONLY redeem my points in 2000 point increments because they give you a bonus $25, so 2000 points is worth $125.

I've already renewed my Platinum status for 2015 because of the two 20% offers and the clearance items they had last month. I bought six perfumes for 50% during the clearance sale which included Coach Love, Coach Love Blush, etc. I also snagged a Stila eye pencil set, Urban Decay Shattered case (for when I travel), and a few other prestige items that were on clearance.

I will agree that Sephora has a MUCH better return policy than Ulta, but that isn't a part of their rewards program.

thejwlife

I am VIB Rouge for Sephora and an Ulta Platinum member. It is true that Ulta's coupons often exclude prestige items, but they offer 20% coupons a few times a year; Sephora does it twice a year. So far, I received a 20% off Friends and Family offer that Ulta posted on their Facebook page last month and a mailer that just expired on February 1st. That's two opportunities to save 20% off on prestige items so far this year. I buy most of my haircare items from Ulta; Joico, Redken, It's a 10, etc. I also buy TONS of nail polish that I use their coupons for. There are point opportunities and coupon savings for more than just their drug-store items. Also, Ulta has several 3x point opportunities for Platinum members several times a year (and non-Platinum members earn 2x points). The last time they had a 3x the points offer I banked over 1000 points! That is an extra $50 worth of points for spending about $340! Sephora's once a year gift card doesn't match the cashback that I earn from Ulta year-round. Plus, I ONLY redeem my points in 2000 point increments because they give you a bonus $25, so 2000 points is worth $125.  I've already renewed my Platinum status for 2015 because of the two 20% offers and the clearance items they had last month. I bought six perfumes for 50% during the clearance sale which included Coach Love, Coach Love Blush, etc. I also snagged a Stila eye pencil set, Urban Decay Shattered case (for when I travel), and a few other prestige items that were on clearance.  I will agree that Sephora has a MUCH better return policy than Ulta, but that isn't a part of their rewards program.
Thanks for this. I've been avoiding Ulta because I don't spend as much there and don't get rewarded for my purchases. In my market they still do the spending based reward tiers. I wonder when they'll switch to the points that earn reward $.

MsGlossy

Thanks for this. I've been avoiding Ulta because I don't spend as much there and don't get rewarded for my purchases. In my market they still do the spending based reward tiers. I wonder when they'll switch to the points that earn reward $.
No prob! They had posted on Facebook, a few months back, that they are switching everyone over to the rewards dollars program. Hopefully, they do it soon and it's worth your while.

meka72

I wonder if Ulta sent out different mailers to different customers (frequent shoppers v. Sporadic shoppers). My mailer clearly said that prestige brands were excluded, which is why I don't shop at Ulta. Well that and the subpar customer service. For years, I refused to step foot inside an Ulta because of its customer service.
I am VIB Rouge for Sephora and an Ulta Platinum member. It is true that Ulta's coupons often exclude prestige items, but they offer 20% coupons a few times a year; Sephora does it twice a year. So far, I received a 20% off Friends and Family offer that Ulta posted on their Facebook page last month and a mailer that just expired on February 1st. That's two opportunities to save 20% off on prestige items so far this year. I buy most of my haircare items from Ulta; Joico, Redken, It's a 10, etc. I also buy TONS of nail polish that I use their coupons for. There are point opportunities and coupon savings for more than just their drug-store items. Also, Ulta has several 3x point opportunities for Platinum members several times a year (and non-Platinum members earn 2x points). The last time they had a 3x the points offer I banked over 1000 points! That is an extra $50 worth of points for spending about $340! Sephora's once a year gift card doesn't match the cashback that I earn from Ulta year-round. Plus, I ONLY redeem my points in 2000 point increments because they give you a bonus $25, so 2000 points is worth $125.  I've already renewed my Platinum status for 2015 because of the two 20% offers and the clearance items they had last month. I bought six perfumes for 50% during the clearance sale which included Coach Love, Coach Love Blush, etc. I also snagged a Stila eye pencil set, Urban Decay Shattered case (for when I travel), and a few other prestige items that were on clearance.  I will agree that Sephora has a MUCH better return policy than Ulta, but that isn't a part of their rewards program.