All Things Sephora

MsGlossy

I wonder if Ulta sent out different mailers to different customers (frequent shoppers v. Sporadic shoppers). My mailer clearly said that prestige brands were excluded, which is why I don't shop at Ulta. Well that and the subpar customer service. For years, I refused to step foot inside an Ulta because of its customer service.
Yes, some of the stores have questionable customer service. I have a few in my area and frequent the two that I feel have the best customer service. The sales girls know me and they are always super nice.

And, yes, they send out different mailers. The prestige coupon is usually a large postcard. They usually do a 20% off at the same time, and that coupon can be printed from their website as well, but those have lots of exclusions. If you haven't already, sign up for the rewards program. Make sure to give them your email address and your birthday. Reward members will get a free full-size mascara coupon via email for their birthday (at least those in the rewards dollars program). Platinum members also usually get a $10 off coupon during their birthday month that is good on prestige items. I'm hoping they are still sending out those $10 off of $10 or more birthday coupons this year in addition to the CK mascara.

KiKi Kontour

i do like ULTA for the coupons n deals they have throughout the year annnnnd the fact they have drugstore brands too but im just more organizingly (lol) able to shop better at sephora n they have better brands!!! however...i did luck up at ulta n get a brow wiz set one year for $20!!!

ChosenOne

You know what makes me cave and place an order at Sephora when I'm trying to wait for the sale? When they have beauty insider rewards of products that I've been thinking of trying. I saw they had a little Benefit eye cream for 100 points, and it's one I've been considering trying since I haven't found an eye cream I like yet. So I placed an order for just ONE thing and tossed that 100 pointer in my basket, along with a few of the free samples, and then I got outta there before I could do any more damage!

boschicka

I wonder if Ulta sent out different mailers to different customers (frequent shoppers v. Sporadic shoppers). My mailer clearly said that prestige brands were excluded, which is why I don't shop at Ulta. Well that and the subpar customer service. For years, I refused to step foot inside an Ulta because of its customer service.
Yes, I'm a platinum member and almost all of my special coupons are good on prestige brands. If I can get something at Ulta, I buy it there. I like the fact that I get money back for my purchases. And I usually buy during their 2x-5x points periods, so I've easily reached 2000 pts ($125). I'd rather have that than a sample. But there are certainly items/brands I can only get at Sephora, so I try to wait for their 15-20% off sales. I've also signed up for Saks emails and have gotten 10-15% coupons that are good for beauty items. So I use those to buy super high end items that you usually can't get a deal on.

cocodivatime

Yes, I'm a platinum member and almost all of my special coupons are good on prestige brands.  If I can get something at Ulta, I buy it there.  I like the fact that I get money back for my purchases.  And I usually buy during their 2x-5x points periods, so I've easily reached 2000 pts ($125).  I'd rather have that than a sample.  But there are certainly items/brands I can only get at Sephora, so I try to wait for their 15-20% off sales.  I've also signed up for Saks emails and have gotten 10-15% coupons that are good for beauty items.  So I use those to buy super high end items that you usually can't get a deal on.
i was about to say nordies has it still for $29 (blushes) and they randomly have 10% off too. the last time they discounted nars was around the holidays for like a week annnnd u can find some value sets in nordstrom racks too! maaaaan i remember when the blushes were 27 n now they 30...:censored:
I got a postcard saying that my Ulta program will be changing. I sure hope its the new one because the old one sucks (the tier level where you can get free cottom balls, nail polish, hair products, etc.,)

meka72

Thanks ladies!
Yes, some of the stores have questionable customer service. I have a few in my area and frequent the two that I feel have the best customer service. The sales girls know me and they are always super nice.  And, yes, they send out different mailers. The prestige coupon is usually a large postcard. They usually do a 20% off at the same time, and that coupon can be printed from their website as well, but those have lots of exclusions. If you haven't already, sign up for the rewards program. Make sure to give them your email address and your birthday. Reward members will get a free full-size mascara coupon via email for their birthday (at least those in the rewards dollars program). Platinum members also usually get a $10 off coupon during their birthday month that is good on prestige items. I'm hoping they are still sending out those $10 off of $10 or more birthday coupons this year in addition to the CK mascara.
Yes, I'm a platinum member and almost all of my special coupons are good on prestige brands.  If I can get something at Ulta, I buy it there.  I like the fact that I get money back for my purchases.  And I usually buy during their 2x-5x points periods, so I've easily reached 2000 pts ($125).  I'd rather have that than a sample.  But there are certainly items/brands I can only get at Sephora, so I try to wait for their 15-20% off sales.  I've also signed up for Saks emails and have gotten 10-15% coupons that are good for beauty items.  So I use those to buy super high end items that you usually can't get a deal on.

ChosenOne

Does anyone know how you can see if/when Sephora gives you your bonus points? I bought skincare during the 2x points and it says the extra points will be credited by March 3rd, but I don't know how I would see that. I bought stuff during the triple points at some point last year and when I called to ask about it, they claimed it was already added, but I had no way of seeing that myself. I don't like not being able to verify that I get the points I'm due, you know? Maybe that means I have trust issues.
th_dunno.gif

I know I can see my past purchases, but if anyone knows how I can see when I get get my bonus points (aside from keeping my own list of how many points I have each time I make a purchase), I would appreciate your help!

RayRay88

Does anyone know how you can see if/when Sephora gives you your bonus points?  I bought skincare during the 2x points and it says the extra points will be credited by March 3rd, but I don't know how I would see that.  I bought stuff during the triple points at some point last year and when I called to ask about it, they claimed it was already added, but I had no way of seeing that myself.  I don't like not being able to verify that I get the points I'm due, you know?  Maybe that means I have trust issues.  :dunno:    I know I can see my past purchases, but if anyone knows how I can see when I get get my bonus points (aside from keeping my own list of how many points I have each time I make a purchase), I would appreciate your help!
If you have an online account with your VIB card connected, you should be able to see exactly how many points you have.

ChosenOne

If you have an online account with your VIB card connected, you should be able to see exactly how many points you have.
I can see my total points, but not a list of each time I earned points. So unless I write down my total points each time I earn/use them, I have no way of knowing whether or not they added my bonus points, kwim? I'm not sure I'm explaining this right...

RayRay88

I can see my total points, but not a list of each time I earned points.  So unless I write down my total points each time I earn/use them, I have no way of knowing whether or not they added my bonus points, kwim?  I'm not sure I'm explaining this right...
No, I understand what you mean now! I have a ton of points, as I rarely use them, so in a way it's easier if I want to keep track. Writing them down or keeping an Excel sheet on computer are the only things I can think of, sorry!

ChosenOne

No, I understand what you mean now! I have a ton of points, as I rarely use them, so in a way it's easier if I want to keep track. Writing them down or keeping an Excel sheet on computer are the only things I can think of, sorry!
Yeah, I guess I should start doing that if I'm going to be paranoid about if I got my extra points or not. I don't get why they can't just give you the double or triple points right away. Why the 2 month gap in time? (Skincare double points was in January) I would think it's easy enough to program the computer to give you the extra points the day you make the purchase, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Bcteagirl

Ok, the calendar is now posted in the first post for future reference. Do I have the extra points on skincare event we had this year right? I am sure it must have been in January. Please let me know if you see an error or if I missed anything. Looks like the next discountday is chickweek in April?

Here is what we have so far:

January:

20% off sale items
Double points on skincare

February:

Triple points on Fragrance

March:

April:

Chick Week: 15% off.

May:

Triple points on Fragrance

Sephora’s birthday!: Watch for different promotions.

June:

July:

August:

In august BI had double points, VIB triple points, VIBrouge 4x points for one week on all purchases. (It can take a few months for the triple points to go through)

September:

October:

Spin the wheel promotion: Spin to win. Get free sample of X, 10% or free shipping with online purchase.

Employee Appreciation: Was October 17-30. 20% off if you had someone that shared a code with you via email
Online and in store, you could use the code more than once in store, not sure about online.

November:

VIB: 20% off for VIB/Rouge.Mid-November, started at midnight.
Online/in store for both Canada and the USA

Black Friday: 10$ items on black Friday, no new items last time on Cyber Saturday (After saying there would be) Started @ midnight last year.
Online and in store in the USA/Canada

December:

20$ off 50$ coupon: First week or so?

Boxing Day sale: A few items brought in for sale

End of month: 20% of sale items

Bcteagirl

Hello ladies! am going shopping trip to the USA in March, and am looking forward to seeing an American Sephora, and Ulta! I am trying to figure out if the price of two items is better than the Canadian price during Chickweek (15% off). I am hoping somebody can confirm if the instore price on two items is the same as the online:

Naked3: Online = 52$. Is this the same in store in the USA?

Tarte Be MATTEnificent is listed on the usa site as 52$, is this the same in store?

Are there any Sephora USA /Ulta brands you seek out when in the USA because they are hard to get in Canada?

Many thanks ladies, and happy shopping! Will keep trying to catch up and participate more, work is keeping me pretty busy :)

meka72

Thanks ladies!
Yes, some of the stores have questionable customer service. I have a few in my area and frequent the two that I feel have the best customer service. The sales girls know me and they are always super nice.  And, yes, they send out different mailers. The prestige coupon is usually a large postcard. They usually do a 20% off at the same time, and that coupon can be printed from their website as well, but those have lots of exclusions. If you haven't already, sign up for the rewards program. Make sure to give them your email address and your birthday. Reward members will get a free full-size mascara coupon via email for their birthday (at least those in the rewards dollars program). Platinum members also usually get a $10 off coupon during their birthday month that is good on prestige items. I'm hoping they are still sending out those $10 off of $10 or more birthday coupons this year in addition to the CK mascara.

DILLIGAF

Hello ladies! am going shopping trip to the USA in March, and am looking forward to seeing an American Sephora, and Ulta! I am trying to figure out if the price of two items is better than the Canadian price during Chickweek (15% off). I am hoping somebody can confirm if the instore price on two items is the same as the online:

Naked3: Online = 52$. Is this the same in store in the USA?

Tarte Be MATTEnificent is listed on the usa site as 52$, is this the same in store?

Are there any Sephora USA /Ulta brands you seek out when in the USA because they are hard to get in Canada?

Many thanks ladies, and happy shopping! Will keep trying to catch up and participate more, work is keeping me pretty busy :)
The Naked 3 is $52 in store but the Tarte BeMattenificent palette is $36 dollars on store and on the US site.

KiKi Kontour

oh dmn!! nothing in March!!! guess i'll be extending my no buy til April then...maybe!! In August im going HAM wit dem 4x points
yahoo.gif
and spin the wheel is pointless unless ur NOT VIB tho-womp womp!!!!

I have like $150 in Sephora gift cards n im waiting on that dmn UD ELECTRIC PALETTE to come hooooome to mama
drinkup.gif
and that's the only thing im really lookin fwd to for this year actually!

vmb8706

do you all think they will restock the pink and purple lip tar sets I have been waiting for those to be restocked for months I signed up for the email notification so I would be notified when they restock

RayRay88

oh dmn!! nothing in March!!! guess i'll be extending my no buy til April then...maybe!! In August im going HAM wit dem 4x points :yahoo: and spin the wheel is pointless unless ur NOT VIB tho-womp womp!!!! I have like $150 in Sephora gift cards n im waiting on that dmn UD ELECTRIC PALETTE to come hooooome to mama :cheers: and that's the only thing im really lookin fwd to for this year actually!
I just *had* to Google that new UD palette.. . :drool: :censored: