All Things Sephora

Vineetha

Has anyone here tried the Sunday Riley Good Genes serum? I keep reading about it but I'm not sure about shelling out $160 without learning more (because of course I have to buy the Ceramic Slip cleanser too if I decide to pull the trigger)..lol Aaaand a quick vote out of curiosity. Which would you ladies choose? Caudalie Favorites Kit or BeautyBlender Pro and Sephora Collection lip cream in Peach Tart Trying to keep my total purchase under a certain amount but it's not easy! Trying to get in one last haul before all I'm shopping for is nursing pads and diaper cream. :haha:
I like the good genes serum!! I don't use it regularly though since I find it a tad strong to be used daily!! I use it as a mask around 3 times a week and do really think that it has been working for me!! I was using the glam glow cleanser before so when I got it I also got the ceramic cleanser since it was around 4.5 oz and just a couple of dollars more than the glam glow one and also works as a face mask!! So now this post is tempting me up get the new flora hydro active oil!! I have been using Artemis one. It was nice but not really wowed and also I can really do without the strong citrusy scent!! Anyone tried the flora one ??? :haha:

shontay07108

I find myself curious about Fetish.
I swatched it this morning. It 's more pink than Video and made my hand look a bit ashy. Maybe it would somehow work better on the face, but the swatch didn't inspire me to want to find out.
BTW loving the new av! Fetish is described as a medium pink nude. I think I can pull this off once I move to GA and once again have a "winter" color.
Thank you! I had bad experiences in the past with Stila's liquid lipsticks. Still, when I saw the new shades today I had to play with them. Venezia is my kind of shade, but I was afraid of it b/c with their old range, the orange shade made me look like a cracked out clown. So, I played it safe and got Como. It's really nice! Doesn't crack, doesn't require work, it's lightweight. I might work up the courage to try Venezia soon.

DILLIGAF

I had bad experiences in the past with Stila's liquid lipsticks. Still, when I saw the new shades today I had to play with them. Venezia is my kind of shade, but I was afraid of it b/c with their old range, the orange shade made me look like a cracked out clown. So, I played it safe and got Como. It's really nice! Doesn't crack, doesn't require work, it's lightweight. I might work up the courage to try Venezia soon.
I got Como as well. I really like it. They are comfortable and right not my Stila collection stands at Aria, Beso, Fiery, and Como.

v0ltagekid

So I finally caved and got one of the hourglass bronzers, and the laura mercier artist palette lol.
I was just freaking out because I go on vaca this Sunday and if I order now then I can get my stuff before I leave, so I had to buy something xD

... There's something wrong with me hahaha

TwiggyPop

Has anyone here tried the Sunday Riley Good Genes serum? I keep reading about it but I'm not sure about shelling out $160 without learning more (because of course I have to buy the Ceramic Slip cleanser too if I decide to pull the trigger)..lol Aaaand a quick vote out of curiosity. Which would you ladies choose? Caudalie Favorites Kit or BeautyBlender Pro and Sephora Collection lip cream in Peach Tart Trying to keep my total purchase under a certain amount but it's not easy! Trying to get in one last haul before all I'm shopping for is nursing pads and diaper cream. :haha:
The only things I like from the caudalie kit is the beauty elixir, hand and nail cream and lip conditioner. I haven't tried the milk cleanser, but I've read bad reviews on it so I just got a 1oz bottle of Beauty Elixir on my last order. If you really want to try the brand though then I would say go for the kit. I do like the BB, but Sephora has a purple sponge that is just as good. And I was wondering when you were going to pop that nugget out. I was starting to think you already did, but kept stalking Sephora, Nordies and Specktra between pushes. Haha. Keep us updated!

DILLIGAF

So I finally caved and got one of the hourglass bronzers, and the laura mercier artist palette lol.
I was just freaking out because I go on vaca this Sunday and if I order now then I can get my stuff before I leave, so I had to buy something xD

... There's something wrong with me hahaha
You are going to love that artist palette. I have it and the colors in there are just lovely. I wish they would re-release the 2013 Artist Palette. I want that one.

Nothing is wrong with you! This is Specktra Normal!
wavey.gif

TwiggyPop

So I finally caved and got one of the hourglass bronzers, and the laura mercier artist palette lol. I was just freaking out because I go on vaca this Sunday and if I order now then I can get my stuff before I leave, so I had to buy something xD ... There's something wrong with me hahaha
I also just ordered the Laura Mercier palette and an Hourglass blush. I love them both! I won't be needing another bronzer for a while because I also just ordered the Too Faced book of bronzers, plus I got Golden Rinse from WnD. I don't usually use bronzers, but I've been working in my yard a lot so I'm already pretty tan (Pretty tan for a Russian/Pollock/German, haha) Normally they just look muddy on me, but now that I have some color it looks natural.

Tarabotti

if the bronzer bare all set comes back in stock can yall hit me up!! I hesitated too long **le sigh**
Where are you located? I saw some in NYC over the Memorial Day weekend holiday- don't know if the stores still have any left. It's funny how they have been showing up in stores now that they are out of stock on line.

Mini rant- That's one thing that I don't like about Sephora's website- when an item is out of stock online, they remove it from the website. You aren't able to see if you can locate that item in one of their stores.

v0ltagekid

You are going to love that artist palette. I have it and the colors in there are just lovely. I wish they would re-release the 2013 Artist Palette. I want that one.

Nothing is wrong with you! This is Specktra Normal!
wavey.gif

I hope I love it!
I got a special birchbox that had a laura mercier shadow in it, and I am IN LOVE with it.
It's so pretty, perfect to set my shadow primer, so I decided to get the palette, I've been eyeing it forever it feels like!

Quote: Originally Posted by TwiggyPop

I also just ordered the Laura Mercier palette and an Hourglass blush. I love them both! I won't be needing another bronzer for a while because I also just ordered the Too Faced book of bronzers, plus I got Golden Rinse from WnD.
I don't usually use bronzers, but I've been working in my yard a lot so I'm already pretty tan (Pretty tan for a Russian/Pollock/German, haha) Normally they just look muddy on me, but now that I have some color it looks natural.
Oh nice! I want the book of bronzers too haha.. that one is next on the list.. That's the one thing I don't have that many of, because I love my Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer so much, I feel like I've forgotten to get different ones haha
Get that tan on girl! I'm excited to get darker, I've been too pale for my usual self since I moved to NY. (I'm originally from Guatemala, and I used to be DARK and now that's gone lol)

montREALady

I got Como as well. I really like it. They are comfortable and right not my Stila collection stands at Aria, Beso, Fiery, and Como.
One of the Sephora ladies in the Contouring class was wearing the red one. I had to ask her what was on her lips because it looked so nice. I may have to try one since you both twisted my arm
tease.gif

Prettypackages

One of the Sephora ladies in the Contouring class was wearing the red one. I had to ask her what was on her lips because it looked so nice. I may have to try one since you both twisted my arm
tease.gif
I'll have to check these out.

RE: Anita Baker... I have "you bring me joy" in my head now... OH and "Same Ol Love" b/c they are skating in that video.

TwiggyPop

I hope I love it! I got a special birchbox that had a laura mercier shadow in it, and I am IN LOVE with it. It's so pretty, perfect to set my shadow primer, so I decided to get the palette, I've been eyeing it forever it feels like! Oh nice! I want the book of bronzers too haha.. that one is next on the list.. That's the one thing I don't have that many of, because I love my Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer so much, I feel like I've forgotten to get different ones haha Get that tan on girl! I'm excited to get darker, I've been too pale for my usual self since I moved to NY. (I'm originally from Guatemala, and I used to be DARK and now that's gone lol)
I was just using Benefits Dallas as a bronzer, but it's just more of a dark dusty rose blush. I also have a small Sun Bunny and Pink Leopard, but they were a part of some palettes that don't get much love anymore so they're in one of my out of the way stashes. Haha. What made you move to NY?

awickedshape

So I finally caved and got one of the hourglass bronzers, and the laura mercier artist palette lol. I was just freaking out because I go on vaca this Sunday and if I order now then I can get my stuff before I leave, so I had to buy something xD ... There's something wrong with me hahaha
You're still our favourite ;-)

montREALady

I love the black Beauty Blender.

Good luck on the move!

LOL same here!
I'll have to check these out.

RE: Anita Baker... I have "you bring me joy" in my head now... OH and "Same Ol Love" b/c they are skating in that video.
I need to get that black BB. What makes it better or different to the regular one to you? I see they have the Pure (white) one...I mean I didn't know applying moisturizer was that deep.
holysheep.gif

OMG, You Bring Me Joy! I think I need to buy her albums... Reminisce of the times when I had no real bills and I was just chillin...
girlhaha.gif

mel33t

I like the good genes serum!! I don't use it regularly though since I find it a tad strong to be used daily!! I use it as a mask around 3 times a week and do really think that it has been working for me!! I was using the glam glow cleanser before so when I got it I also got the ceramic cleanser since it was around 4.5 oz and just a couple of dollars more than the glam glow one and also works as a face mask!! So now this post is tempting me up get the new flora hydro active oil!! I have been using Artemis one. It was nice but not really wowed and also I can really do without the strong citrusy scent!! Anyone tried the flora one ??? :haha:
I just purchased it and it came yesterday! Plan on using it tonight, will let you know! :)

Ajigglin

I would totally go for the Caudalie kit, I love skincare products. Plus it's LE! I've never tried Good Genes, but I have it on my wish list along with Luna and Artemis. Sigh. You should go get samples from Sephora if you are able to. I tried the Ceramic Slip Cleanser and I liked it a lot! Let me know how Good Genes is when you try it.
Haven't used Good Genes, but I'm currently using Artemis. I like it, but I think I'll return to Aesop's Fabulous Face Oil when I'm done with the bottle.