ANGEL by Thierry Mugler ..comments?

S.S.BlackOrchid

It smells like sugar and patchouli overload on my skin. It smells better on other people I know, so you should definitely test it on your skin.

kathyp

Instant migraine for me. I love idea of a chocolate/burnt sugar scent, but it just doesn't work with my chemistry. On me it smells like an ice cream sundae melting in the hot sun infused with the sweat of a thousand frat boys.

Mopsly

It makes me sick - migraine attack imidietly
thmbdn.gif

bellaboomboom

I have it and have to say...it's a very stong fragrance. I suggest trying it at the mall and walk around for a while to see if you like it before you buy. I love the smell but I feel that I have to put it on very lightly. It has given me a headache in the past.

I also have Angel Violet and Angel Lilly. I did not purchase these, they were a gift. Nice but again, they are so strong.

BEA2LS

it is very strong, long lasting, too. i like it but perfumes do smell different on other people and different people have different taste in scents, etc.

Susanne

My boyfriend once bought it for birthday for me - I think it is a "heavy" smell awesome for winter.

zoey223

Angel is awesome, but not for everyone. It also has insane lasting power.

I like it in creme or lotion form, or very sparing dabbed on, not sprayed.

If you love Angel, then you're in luck because it is so powerful you need just a little. And Angel comes in refillable packaging - save on $$ and waste.

Kesha

I really luv Angel, it's smell vanilla & a bit chocolatey, it's elegance and everybody will know that you wear an expensive perfume, perfect for night wear
smiles.gif

ThePowderPuff

Don't like it. I don't like the bottlem and I don't like the scent. I'm not sure why, I think it gives me too many associations to the 90's for some reason.

roLLerGrrL

Angel is a perfume that you should dribble - not spray on. It's a beautiful BUT very strong scent that if over worn will make people hate it forever.

I have a tiny 10ml star and I put a couple of drops on each wrist. That's enough to give me whiffs of it all day, but to not leave an "Angel cloud" for everyone else.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Angel is so weird to me, because several times now I have smelled a fragrance on someone and said "What are you wearing? I love it!" and it's been Angel, and yet every time I try it I don't like it. So weird.

spunky

i've been using this perfume for 10 years, and i'm only 22. it's my absolute favourite!

it is VERY strong, and i only need a drop on my wrists and a skoosh on my neck and it lasts all day.

i also collect angel stuff - i've got dozens of different bottles, pure perfumes, soaps, candles, jewellery etc. my favourite is the 'Part Des Anges' swarovski pure perfume i got for my 21st from my parents
smiles.gif

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Angel is so weird to me, because several times now I have smelled a fragrance on someone and said "What are you wearing? I love it!" and it's been Angel, and yet every time I try it I don't like it. So weird.

It's skin chemistry.
smiles.gif
Every time I wear something, it gets really sweet smelling. My grandma on the other hand, wears perfume and swears everything smells like piss and vinegar.
th_LMAO.gif

aradhana

i love this scent. i wore it from whenever it was first released, until a couple of years ago. right now i'm not using it, but i'll probably refill my bottle once i'm working again!
i also like the idea that the bottles are refillable, i.e. less waste.

user79

There's something about it that just doesn't work with me, there's a cloying sweet musky note in there somewhere that honestly makes me want to hurl.

But everyone has different taste!

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
its a fragrance that you either love...or hate. my friend loved it...raved about it. I hated it...my bf hated it...my sister hated it...but her bf loved it.

I have never heard ANYONE say it was 'just okay'...its either "wow!" or "ugh!!"

Its distinctive for sure.

There is NO middle ground when it comes to ANGEL. You either love love love it or you hate hate hate it.

SQUALID

I really find that scent repulsive.. On my skin I can't even tell what it smells, that's how bad it is.. We just don't work together, me and Angel.
winks.gif