Antiquitease: Color October 18th '07 Discussion

Janice

There's alot of great discussion in the Holiday '07 thread, the thread is becoming gigantic and many are confused and asking the same questions. Antiquitease: Color is releasing on October 18th 2007, this is a North American release date.

You can view swatches of Antiquitease: Color here in the Product Swatches forum.

Please continue your discussion about Antiquitease: Color within this thread.

mjalomo

Does anyone know if macpro online will also have this collection up for sale on the 18th? Also, at approximately what time do the collections show up for ordering?

Jacq-i

Most of the time, when a collection comes out on Thursday, MAC has it online the Tuesday before.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

IMG00069.jpg

IMG00070.jpg

IMG00072.jpg

IMG00073.jpg

I'm not posting these in the swatch thread because they're not high quality. But, I got to see the collection today, and it's really pretty. It's not bold, but it's beautiful. The lippies are gorgeous.

AudreyNicole

I am just back from the event I went to and this collection is really beautiful! I ended up with Mi Lady and Silversmith e/s duos, Your Ladyship pigment, Uppity Fluidline, and the pink lipstick. I think I am going back for 2 more e/s duos, and the gold lipstick. I think Your Ladyship pigment is my favorite of all I got. It is just beautiful - the perfect highlight. I also preordered a few things from Royal Assets. It was a great time!
smiles.gif

moonrevel

I usually hate the Mineralized shadows with a raging passion, but I'm not going to lie: seeing pictures of that red in Mi'Lady made me pee myself a little.

komischkatze

Went to the event tonight too. I ended up with Uppity, Majestic l/g, and of course Mi'lady. It's such a strong bright pretty red (with little silver flecks in it) and the purple is nice too. I was a little bummed about the purple at first because I thought it looked a lot like parfait amour which I already have. But I swatched them next to each other when I got home and they're definitely different. The purple in Mi'lady reminds me more of Violet pigment. Next to it, parfait amour is definitely darker and more bluish.

HOTasFCUK

I just saw more pics in the swatches section & glittergoddess27 has a nice pic of Your Ladyship pigment.........from the pic it looks like the pigment version of Goldbit! I can't wait to see these in person!!!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I just saw more pics in the swatches section & glittergoddess27 has a nice pic of Your Ladyship pigment.........from the pic it looks like the pigment version of Goldbit! I can't wait to see these in person!!!!

I don't have Goldbit so I can't compare, but Your Ladyship is GORGEOUS! I was surprised to see it is a shade of pinky peach in the jar, but when you put it on, it is a creamy neutral shade with beautiful reflects. I very rarely buy a full size of any pigment, but I knew as soon as I put it on that I needed to get a full size. I tried it on when I got home, and it is the perfect highlight. I can't wait t to try it as a lid color!
eyelove.gif

xbrookecorex

I went to the event tonight, posted swatches in the swatch forum, and here's my overall review for anyone who cares!

Eyeshadow Duos- Mi'Lady is the only one that seems unique to me. The Gold color in another duo is great, but I already have Amber Lights and barely use it. Everything else is totalllyyy the same as something permanent.
Lipglass- THE BEST. I loveee the lipglasses from this. Besides Red Romp, I liked the brownish/plum one (although it didnt look great on me). It had soooo much depth/shimmer in it, BEAUTIFUL. There's a tannish one, and a typical whiteish with pearl one.
Lipstick- Good. The red is great IMO, theres a realllly pretty plummy one, there's a pink one that LOOKS nice but comes out SOOO sheer it was kind of sad, a tan, and a BRONZE that was kind if intimidating and no one was touching it haha
Pigments- Pretty. Verrrry shimmeryyyy. The mauve-y one is GREAT, the color seems the most unique of them all, and it has sparkles reflecting MULTICOLORS in the light I loved it. The grey is nice too, but probably like something else, idk.
Nail Polish- Nice, great payoff with a couple coats. The white is WHITE.
Fluidline- Blacktrack, why the hell do they need to 're-release' this? And a gold one, good I guess if you're into that color, which I am not. I think people will like it though.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
I went to the event tonight, posted swatches in the swatch forum, and here's my overall review for anyone who cares!

Eyeshadow Duos- Mi'Lady is the only one that seems unique to me. The Gold color in another duo is great, but I already have Amber Lights and barely use it. Everything else is totalllyyy the same as something permanent.

Okay q. For the MES, like Silversmith (double blue) or Earthly Riches (purple/grey duo) what would they be similar to from the perm line? I'm worried once I get there I'm going to forget what I own and end up buying something similar to what I already have. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Okay q. For the MES, like Silversmith (double blue) or Earthly Riches (purple/grey duo) what would they be similar to from the perm line? I'm worried once I get there I'm going to forget what I own and end up buying something similar to what I already have. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

The blue one seemed really easily dupe-able to me. It's just a dark navyish blue and a lighter almost silvery blue. It really reminded me of when I bought Deep Truth and Moon's Reflection specifically to wear together. The colors in the duo are honestly a little duller than the perm colors. My friend got the purple/grey one, and the purple is like a duller Nocturnelle, not sure on the grey. (and by 'duller' I dont mean bad/boring, just not as vibrant!) Hope that helps!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
Does anyone know if macpro online will also have this collection up for sale on the 18th? Also, at approximately what time do the collections show up for ordering?

holiday sets usually come out online the same day they do at the counters. so these will come out online on the 25th, not the tuesday before like other collections. this is the one thing they don't let people get a jump on beforehand. this is how it has been the past few years, so i am sure they will continue this.

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I usually hate the Mineralized shadows with a raging passion, but I'm not going to lie: seeing pictures of that red in Mi'Lady made me pee myself a little.

You and me both.