Antiquitease: Royal Assets, Heirlooms October 25th '07 Discussion

Janice

There's alot of great discussion in the Holiday '07 thread, the thread is becoming gigantic and many are confused and asking the same questions. Antiquitease: Royal Assets and Heirlooms is releasing on October 25th 2007, this is a North American release date.

You can view swatches of Antiquitease: Royal Assets here in the Product Swatches forum.

Please continue your discussion about Antiquitease: Royal Assets and Heirlooms within this thread.

Antiquitease
Royal Assets Lip Palettes $22.50
Royal Assets Eye Palettes $36

Antiquitease
Heirlooms Brush Sets $48 Saks and MAC stores $45

noahlowryfan

i'm still confused for the prices of the brush sets at Saks and MAC. is that the price just for the basic brush set with the special packaging or for all the brush sets?

mena22787

couple questions about antiquitease heirlooms brush set:
-will they be sold at counters such as nordstroms?
-i know they're a whole lot cheaper than buying all the brushes individually, but i've heard that the quality is less. is this true? what are the pros/cons of the regular brushes versus the special edition brushes???

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena22787
couple questions about antiquitease heirlooms brush set:
-will they be sold at counters such as nordstroms?
-i know they're a whole lot cheaper than buying all the brushes individually, but i've heard that the quality is less. is this true? what are the pros/cons of the regular brushes versus the special edition brushes???

yes they will be sold at counters.
yes the brushes in the brush set are not as good as the full size brushes.
Pro: they are cheap and good for traveling.
Con: they don't last as long as the full size ones. SE brushes are mass produce while the full size ones are all handmade.

komischkatze

Just got back from the Antiquitease event. They had the royal assets and heirloom stuff out for us to look at and pre-order. I ended up not wanting any of it (some nice colors in metallic and cool eyes especially but I already have similar colors), but I wanted to say the packaging looks much better in person. In particular, in all the pictures I've seen online I thought the little clutch bags looked super ugly. They're still not really my style but they're much cuter in person. They are sort of white (maybe offwhite) but they've got shiny metallic gold or silver (depending on which set it is) interwoven into the knit pattern. I couldn't really tell that at all from the pictures so they surprised me a bit.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

I saw this collection tonight, and wasn't overly impressed with this part of the collection. I only pre-ordered the cool palette and the eye brush set, but I think I am going to cancel my preorder for the brush set. The colors in the cool palette are beautiful and vibrant. The others didn't thrill me much, but then again, I prefer lots of color on my eyes.

HOTasFCUK

They palettes are already up on ebay!!!

I'm going to pass on the palettes this year but i definetly can't wait for all the mini sets! I look forward to these collections all year long!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i'm still confused for the prices of the brush sets at Saks and MAC. is that the price just for the basic brush set with the special packaging or for all the brush sets?

the face, eye and basic sets are $48 each.

the special edition at saks and stores are (which have the same brushes as the basic set) are $45.

Krasevayadancer

I missed the event today (but I did go to a cco with Cindy- woot!!)

Did they show a lot of the holiday stuff or was it mostly antiquitease color?

Chrystia

I just got back from the event,which was super fun. my store had the color collection out and a display with the brushes and the royal assets palettes. Truthfully, I wasn't crazy about any of the palettes so i didn't preorder it. But I bought a ton of the stuff from the color collection.

almmaaa

THe brush sets at mac are actually 48 the only one that costs 45 is the one in the gold can. They are the basic set. I know this because I went to the event today and purchased all 3.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
There's alot of great discussion in the Holiday '07 thread, the thread is becoming gigantic and many are confused and asking the same questions. Antiquitease: Royal Assets and Heirlooms is releasing on October 25th 2007, this is a North American release date.

You can view swatches of Antiquitease: Royal Assets here in the Product Swatches forum.

Please continue your discussion about Antiquitease: Royal Assets and Heirlooms within this thread.

Antiquitease
Royal Assets Lip Palettes $22.50
Royal Assets Eye Palettes $36

Antiquitease
Heirlooms Brush Sets $48 Saks and MAC stores $45

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the face, eye and basic sets are $48 each.

the special edition at saks and stores are (which have the same brushes as the basic set) are $45.

since the special edition is cheaper, i'm getting that. i save $3.

hoan86

Does anyone know how much each of the holiday collection items will cost in Canada?

I've noticed that things cost more here even though the USD is equal to CND roughly a little over 20% more for each item.

Here a paint pot=$20, and a pigment =$23.50, Lipsticks and Lipglosses =$16.50 except for the chromeglass which is more.

And then I get doubled screwed because where I live the sales tax is 13% which they just lowered it 2 years ago from 14.5%.

All the things I want in this collection will cost nearly $400 USD based on the US prices

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoan86
Does anyone know how much each of the holiday collection items will cost in Canada?

I've noticed that things cost more here even though the USD is equal to CND roughly a little over 20% more for each item.

Here a paint pot=$20, and a pigment =$23.50, Lipsticks and Lipglosses =$16.50 except for the chromeglass which is more.

And then I get doubled screwed because where I live the sales tax is 13% which they just lowered it 2 years ago from 14.5%.

All the things I want in this collection will cost nearly $400 USD based on the US prices

Everything is normal pricing. You can visit the canadian MAC website to find out prices. Mineralized shadows are $16.50 USD, there's a currency converter here: xe.com.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Mineralized shadows are $16.50 USD, there's a currency converter here: xe.com.

*tsk tsk* Janice, that's false hope! I wish the mineralized shadows were closer to $16! Alas, I paid $20 for Lovestone before taxes ($22.80 after GST & PST), and I believe the Antiquitease shadows are the same.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
*tsk tsk* Janice, that's false hope! I wish the mineralized shadows were closer to $16! Alas, I paid $20 for Lovestone before taxes ($22.80 after GST & PST), and I believe the Antiquitease shadows are the same.

I'm confused, are you in the US?

BlahWah

^ No, I'm in Canada (sorry, just realized I didn't put CDN$). But hoan86 was asking about Canadian prices, and altho the mineralized shadows cost US$16.50 it will cost us Canadians CDN$20, so using xe.com would be misleading to find out Canadian pricing.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoan86

if it's anything like last year, the eyeshadow palettes would be around $45, and brush sets for $60. pigment/eyeliner sets for $36. all CADs

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
if it's anything like last year, the eyeshadow palettes would be around $45, and brush sets for $60. pigment/eyeliner sets for $36. all CADs

AWESOME! I hope you're right! I was guesstimating $35 for the mini sets, and 45 for the palettes--so do you think the keepsake coming out the same time as the antiquitease palletes will be about 45 as well? I would somehow wish that since it looks like our Cdn dollar will stay around par, they'd make the prices a bit closer to the US since these collections will sell fast!

BloodMittens

I went to my MAC counter and got to see some of the color collection because my MA kinda let me sneak around the side and have a peak. w00t!
greengrin.gif
So purdy! I decided not to get a face brush set, because I really only wanted the #187, so I just bought a full size one today instead
greengrin.gif
PARTY!

I can't wait for the palettes, I think I'm going to get the metallic, smokey and cool one. Not digging the warm on just yet. Did you guys get to see the lip sets too? How were they?