Antiquitease: Royal Assets, Heirlooms October 25th '07 Discussion

pumpkincraze

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
Keepsake is exclusively to Nordstrom in the US and The Bay in Canada. did you went to The Bay?

oohhh please someone tell me this is not true!!!!!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincraze
oohhh please someone tell me this is not true!!!!!

this is true. Keepsake is available only at Nordstrom in the US and The Bay in Canada. this is the response I got from MAC when i asked them about the Royal Assets coming out a week early at Pro stores.

"In response to your inquiry, all of the Antiquitease: Holiday Collection
will be available at all M.A.C locations on October 25, 2007. However, the
Keep Sake Holiday collection is available exclusively at Nordstrom M.A.C
locations on October 25, 2007."

melmaha

Does anyone know if Saks in Austin TX carries MAC? I need to know if they will have the Saks exclusive brush set! (I emailed Saks Customer Service and they were NO help!)

__shopaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmaha
Does anyone know if Saks in Austin TX carries MAC? I need to know if they will have the Saks exclusive brush set! (I emailed Saks Customer Service and they were NO help!)

Yes, they have a MAC counter!
smiles.gif

courters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralBlast
actually i was interested in 129 and 219 from the basic set because i got last year's formal black eye and face set (i loved the clutch bags more than the brushes i think
eyelove.gif
). Having used these for a year i can review the sets as very good for travelling and low cost but i didn't like the 168 (too small and kinda hard) and the 217 (too harsh-unable to blend well) the rest i am very content with.

courters thank you for the advice i will check past reviews and please do tell me what you think about the 219. In a couple of weeks i am going to get some full size ones and i am thinking about including this one on the list.
thmbup.gif

I haven't compared it to the full size 219, but the 219 from my 2005 set is kind of stiff, it is good if you want to do a defined crease or a defined line underneath your eye. I don't think it would be good for blending or doing a non-defined line. I do like it a lot for doing shadow underneath my lower lashes or for the outer V.

Thanks also for your info about the eye set, I was thinking about checking this out.

skim012

the collection is now up on the mac website... altho it's mainly just pictures/prices for now. the details are "coming soon." can't wait until the 25th!

joozxklumzi

does this mean that the cuirotease (sp?) collection is coming out this thursday too?!?!? those pigment sets i mean?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by joozxklumzi
does this mean that the cuirotease (sp?) collection is coming out this thursday too?!?!? those pigment sets i mean?

nope. they won't be out til nov. 15th

eyebrowless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
im confused about the brush sets. there are ones in a box and ones in a bag? which ones are the "basic" for 48$ and which ones are the special edition for 45$? and are they both sold at mac counters.. at like macys? thanks in advanced.

The basic set and the box both contain the exact same brushes, with diff. colour handles.

God knows why the brush box is cheaper. The difference in canada is $8!

Dark_Phoenix

Ugh, now I'm seriously hating living in Olso!!!

Does this collection release early in Paris?

The red lips and pink lips are soooo mine. I think I like the Antiquitease color way better than the sets though :/

oddinary

I actually thought the colours were kinda blah in the lip sets. :S Didn't swatch them because I didn't have time, but all of them looks so frosty! I was hoping to see the pink lipstick showed on the website and it turns out the one in real life is no where near it! The lipglasses look extremely sparkly too. I do love the packaging of the lipsticks though!

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
I actually thought the colours were kinda blah in the lip sets. :S Didn't swatch them because I didn't have time, but all of them looks so frosty! I was hoping to see the pink lipstick showed on the website and it turns out the one in real life is no where near it! The lipglasses look extremely sparkly too. I do love the packaging of the lipsticks though!

Boo. I don't like frosty stuff too much. Oh well, it's for the better, maybe I won't buy a lip set only to NEVER use it like I have all these past seasons...

shadowaddict

Anyone know about the Viva Glamorous cool palettes vs the cool ones in the Royal Assets? I'm trying to decide which one to get as a gift for my daughter-in-law. She's blonde hair blue eyes, I guess med/fair skin. I forgot Finery wasn't coming out until Nov. so I'll get that for X-mas, but her B-day is Friday. The link below shows her about a year ago, she's on the short video. Any help in color recommendations would be greatly appreciated. She loves MAC so I like getting her some of the LE items. Thank you!

http://www.thecosmeticmarket.com/main.rhtml

MAC_Whore

Does anyone else find it odd that the Holiday stuff is up on the site at the same time as the Halloween stuff?
lol.gif

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
Does anyone have color description for the shades in the smokey palette?
smiles.gif

I think someone described them in the huge holiday thread, but I'm sure there will be many swatches today!

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
I think someone described them in the huge holiday thread, but I'm sure there will be many swatches today!

You know, I tried really hard to keep up with that thread and not once can I recall getting shade descriptions for this palette but, that's okay, I did a livechat on the MAC website and the MA told me what I wanted to know.
smiles.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
Does anyone have color description for the shades in the smokey palette?
smiles.gif

Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Stacey. How may I assist you?
Z: Good morning Stacey, can you provide me w/color & texture descriptions for the colors in the cool holiday palettes that are not in the regular line? (Listed below) Medallion: Silverwear: Trophy Pink: Modern Heir: Queen's Jewel
Stacey: Hi Z, one moment please....
Stacey: Silverwear is a Frost (lilac grey), Medallion is a Frost (frosted light pink), Trophy Pink is a Frost (rich red magenta), Modern Heir is a Frost (grape purple with white pearl) and Queen's Jewel is a Veluxe Pearl (rich blue with blue pearl).

Z: Thanks for the info. Can you also give me the descriptions for the Smokey Eyes Palette
Stacey: Sure. Keep in mind that all the shade descriptions will be available online when the sets are officially available to purhcase (by midnight). Courtly Grey is a Matte (cement grey), Knight is a Veluxe Pearl (deep grey with silver pearl), Maid of Honour is a Satin (creamy beige), Palatial is a Satin (taupe brown) and Majestic is a Lustre (neutral grey brown with silversparkle).
Z: They are already available for purchase. The website never provides color names or descriptions for the palettes (or sets), I wish they would do that.
Stacey:
smiles.gif
Oh my, you are correct! I didn't realize they were available quite yet (need coffee). I will email the web department to ensure colour descriptions are included...I know it is frustrating! Is there another one you need helpwith?
Z: No thats all, Thank you very much & have a great day! Bye!
Stacey: Bye!

The missing color description for the Smokey Eyes is Rondelle - Light silver with white pearl (LE, Repromote Danse '06) (F) *this infor is on the Spectra thread