Any tips on how to stay motivated???

missy29

I start the week off by eating healthy, and exercising, but a day or so into, I lose all motivation and give up. And when I say give up, I go and pig out on ridiculously fatty food and basically veg out on front of the couch. As a consequence, I have put on about 5kg, instead of losing weight. :eek2: I am only hoping to lose 10kg, but now that I have put on, that has gone up to 15!

I tried on my favourite jeans the other day too, and I couldnt even get close to doing them up.
weeping.gif

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated or how to stick to a diet and exercise plan? I am a very disorganised person, so I am sure that contributes to my bad eating habits.

Thanks.

Beauty Mark

I'm going to preface this with the fact I don't have a lot of money to spend.

The best way to be motivated to exercise is to go to a class that requires you paying for x number of classes or paying ahead of time. By paying ahead of time, I motivate myself to go. Missing a class means throwing away over $10. Classes are also useful if you have a gym buddy or your teacher is chatty and friendly; you feel bad and kind of silly telling people you didn't show up because you were too lazy to go. I also see showing up as a sign of respect, which is a huge motivating factor as well.

For the junk food, don't buy it! Put all the money you'd be using for junk food in a jar. It'll add up quickly. Promise yourself that you'll buy something nice if you go x weeks/months/whatever without eating junk food.

Also, don't use screwing up a little as an excuse to screw up a lot. Like skipping the gym one day excuses you to skip the gym for the entire week.

Jacq-i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Also, don't use screwing up a little as an excuse to screw up a lot. Like skipping the gym one day excuses you to skip the gym for the entire week.

Ahh... That part is so hard for me, but for normal classes. For instance, if I don't finish my paper for my first class, I feel like I can't show up there. Then I say, I'll just skip the next class, and I pretty much skip the whole day. :confused: I should have never skipped anything!

Anyway. As far as staying motivated goes, I'd reccomend keeping a progress chart. Measure (waist, hips, etc) and weigh yourself every couple of days. Sometimes I feel like my excercise efforts aren't doing anything, then I realize I lost weight, and it keeps me going.

Good luck.
greengrin.gif