**anyone Here Ever Had A Lace Front Before**

anaaliyahfan03

Re: **********anyone Here Ever Had A Lace Front Before**********

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Alot of people do. It's hardly a novel idea. People do it for a lot of different reasons. My mother used to wear one everyday because her stylist caused her hair to fall out so she had to cut it down to about an inch and bought a wig. Some people just like to change up their look. The list of reasons goes on and on.

yea thats why i wanted to try a lace front or a wig..my hair is not short but gosh here in houston its so humid and having my real hair on my neck makes it all sticky and starts coming out and its horrible...

its not for a daily basis every single day..its just for most of the summer..thats just how it is here in the south
ssad.gif

lipshock

Lace fronts are not meant to be worn for an extended period of time like traditional weaves. And this is coming from hair stylists that I know that make them. You are using glue to attach the wig to your hairline/forehead/all around the head . . . and apparently with the mixing of your body's sweat and whatnot, the glue will loosen up and so will your lace front. And when you wash your face the glue will also loosen up from that. That is why you're supposed to take them off at night and reapply them the next morning or whenever is the next time you plan on wearing the wig.

I think lace fronts are still considered costume wear. A woman came into the salon where I used to work and she had a lace front -- a POORLY made lace front at that and it looked horrendous. Not only was she not wearing any foundation to mask the "hairline" of the lace front but the glue was grayish and it just looked bad. Really bad. It looked like she slapped the lace front on and put a line of glue around her hairline and walked out of the house. And apparently lace front application can take as long as thirty minutes because you have to glue all around your head -- not just the front but in the back and on the sides.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I don't understand why anyone would want to wear a wig on a daily basis...?

The ability to change your look every day.

Wigs being manufactured nowadays aren't like the ones in the past. Especially the top quality ones. They look like your real hair and some even have bangs attachment so it doesn't appear like you're wearing a wig.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennzy
whoa! thats what it was? i thought she just had a really horrible makeup artist! because she has two completely diff colour from her face to hear hairlines!

LOL!

That's the lace and the glue you're seeing. You don't see in the magazine photos because they airbrush it out but in those pictures from events and whatnot, you can see where the lace front starts. NOT a good look.

MiCHiE

ITA, lipshock. I've seen quite a few pictures of Beyoncé's lacefront lifting off like a space shuttle. I don't think they're as easy to maintain for the average person. Matter of fact, here's a pic of her hair mishap right here:

http://i19.tinypic.com/5xr4cnn.jpg

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I like to try wigs, but my hubby hates them. I put a wigglet in my hair to make a long pony tail. I thought I was smoking hot. So, I spun around and it flew off and hit him in the eye. He threw it on the ground and my dogs attacked it literally to death.:what:

thanks for the incredibly good laugh!!!

aziajs

Here is the "infamous" Beyonce wig shot

beyonce-weird.jpg

lipshock

Quote:

beyonce-weird.jpg

YES, YES, YES!

That is it. I die with laughter every time. How unfortunate.

anaaliyahfan03

oh my god...that looks sick..i take it back, i dont want one..eew!

MiCHiE

Tyra's lacefronts always suck.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaaliyahfan03
if i got one i was just trying to get one like this..so many people cant see it that well

beyonce-picture-1.jpg

Maybe that is for the best.
winks.gif

The thing is Beyonce wears lace fronts, traditional wigs as well as weaves/extensions so she achieves the looks you see in various ways.

JamaicanDiva2

omg! that pic of beyonce is SICK! like i actually cring looking at it! it looks like she has a skin disease! its crazy how far some people will go to achieve a certain look. . . show's how dumb and obsessed our society still is and always will be.

anaaliyahfan03

yes tyra's lace fronts look bad...her makeup looks bad..she needs a new makeup artist..her and beyonce need to do something with those eyebrows IMO..hehe!

BadBadGirl

A few average janes have gotten the look down. I have seen it myself in person. But they are not hard to find and they had to practice. I think there are videos on youtube explaining the procedure.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
A few average janes have gotten the look down. I have seen it myself in person. But they are not hard to find and they had to practice. I think there are videos on youtube explaining the procedure.

What look? The lace front?

anaaliyahfan03

there are actually alot of applications of lace front wigs on youtube.com

friend_of_MAC

Quote:

beyonce-weird.jpg

wow, that looks really bad. I guess you can't have too many facial expressions and not have that happen.
WTF2.gif